Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Turkey season

Old 05-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Turkey season

"You pay your dues for every gobbler" - Denny Gulvas[/align]
Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Right about that one. If chances vs success were put into percentages I would be warming the bench in the minor leagues.
For something with a brain the size of a walnut toevade someone as brilliant as myself with a huge brain is just astounding.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Right about that one. If chances vs success were put into percentages I would be warming the bench in the minor leagues.
For something with a brain the size of a walnut toevade someone as brilliant as myself with a huge brain is just astounding.
Champlain,your alright by me! I liked that reply.At times those dang birds make alot of us hunters look like we have the walnut brains.
[/align]
Old 05-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I have to laugh. This morning I took a ride and glassed the area where I got my 2 birds and lo and behold there is another mature bird that moved in. He was along a field edge in full strut and looking for some ladies. Oh well if nobody catches up to him he will be at least a 3 1/2 year old next spring.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

Took my Niece out today. We went to the top of Derry ridge again. We had one cut loose at 5:40am,less than 100yds. We set-up,the bird gobbles again on the roost. Five minutes later,he gobbles again. I tell her when he hits the ground,I'll start calling. Two minutes later,just like someone pulled the blinds shut! It got almost as dark as it was at 5:15. Fog rolls in heavy. 35 minutes later,it starts raining and blowing. We can't see no more than 15 yds. It stayed like that until 9:37am. Later,called in two hens and we had a buck about twelve yards from us. His new antlers where about three inches above his head. Never heard that gobbler again.[/align]
Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Raining like heck here and dark. Just had a thunder storm blow through which is strange for this time of year here in Vt. Hard to get a bird in bad weather. I usually don't call much other than some soft tree yelps early in the gray light. I always figure the toms are roosting with some hens anyways and will usually wait until at least the sun comes up B-4 I really do much aggressive calling. Good luck the next time you go for him. He will probably roost in the same area since he wasn’t bothered much. Sometimes soft calling will sway the hens to you and he will follow.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

called my soon to be brother in law in his first bird here in MA this AM.. 17lb, 8" beard, 3/4" spur.

great hunt.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Spike

First and second bird of the PA season

Old 05-10-2009, 04:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice birds...congrats
Old 05-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

ayunk,that's the way to slam them! Congratulation's!

[/align]

Quick Reply: Turkey season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.