Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

Old 04-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned

Default RE: PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

"He is saying no such thing."

That is exactly what theeco-nut is saying.The consensus on the ridiculous audubon deer report which he participated in basically stated as much by saying tons more deer needed killed. Also, to say all the other states arent doing a good job because they do not equate to wholesale deerslaughter is nothing less than asnine, extremistand arrogant.

"I had a dream and in this dream
Deer biologists run a number by a friendly BOC member of the number of tags they think is biologically sound. This member shops that number around to see what the others are willing to accept. In the end the biologists are given a number a bunch lower than they want to present at the April meeting which enough members vote for."

Thats ridiculous. That was never necessary with Pallone and crew. The stacking of the board never made it necessary. The reduced herd is proof. The continuing decline is as well.Id say that a very colorful imagination filled dream. Reality is far too many doe tags doled out by biodiversity hand picked for the purpose biologists, and rubber stamped by a econut handpicked board.

"Ever wonder why every year this never happens ---- the head deer biologist
says at the April meetin "we would like 1.3 million doe tags" and the BOC hudles up and say "no, we will only grant 1 million tags"."

Not when they know they can reach goals with far less. Our current allocation ishardly reasonable or non-excessive! LMAO!

Thought it might happen during the Alt era but if not then I would say never.

What, over a mil a few yearswasnt quite enough for you??[:'(]

Sorry Gino, the majority of Pennsylvanians just arent interested in you environmentalist extremist guysvisions of ridiculous unnatural amount of biodiversity and among those who know who he is, this jokers words carry about as much weight with hunters and legislators as antihuntingHeidi prescotts would.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever wonder why every year this never happens ---- the head deer biologist
says at the April meetin "we would like 1.3 million doe tags" and the BOC hudles up and say "no, we will only grant 1 million tags".
the allocations approved by the PGC reduced the buck harvest by 425 In just 6 years. Would you prefer that they issued more tags and reduced the buck harvest by 60%?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Banned

Given Ginos known extreme antideer sentiment, Id say hes shooting more for 90+% decline.

However else will we have hillsides covered in such important things as trillium and hobblebush?
Old 04-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

>Id say that a very colorful imagination filled dream.

I have always been straight up with my internet friends. Plus I have felt
I had a solid grasp on realty but....................
you just might be right.

Yep you are right. No one ever said they wanted 1.3 million tags and got 1 million in the end.
Must have been
a very colorful imagination filled dream of mine.

Wv Gino
Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

I dont believe for a second the strongly antideer boc with Pallone and company wouldnt rubber stamp 5 million doe tags if they had the privelege of doing so... Anyway, you previously said EVERY YEAR and that isnt CURRENTLY the case, and there is no reason to believe the current allocations are not exactly what is being ordered by the biologists, and they are being rubber stamped, even though they continue to reduce the herd. Also reduction HAS been accomplished so I really dont see much point. And to haggle over 1 million doe tags or 1.3 mil is like haggling over wether one would prefer to be shot with a 3oo Ultra mag or a 458. Does it really friggin matter???

Also I wouldnt pay the econut biologists at the pgc a piece of gum wrapper and a toenail clipping to manage any game animal in this state. Econuts have no place in game management. The beliefs of biodiversity extremist and biologists who care about hunting are not one and the same. Far from it.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Typical Buck

What I dont understand why any hunter would believe any game comm. or self claimed expert. I admit I did that for years. Then I started venturing out of state. WOW seems most experts were wrong. I was so dedicated to Pa I was blinded. Hunters do some hunting around the country and your eyes will be opened. Most of the deer experts you praised will look like idiots. For years I was told by Pa experts Iowa had big bucks because they did not let the doe pop grow. The first year I hunted there I seen 33 doe the first day and 17 buck 1/2 over a 150 score. HEY they lied to me.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

You know....I am the best dad in the world (if you ask my kids), the best lookingguy in the world (just ask my wife), and the best hunter in camp (if you ask me.)Boy, the world looks rosy when you ask all the right people! When I heard who wrote the report, I almost choked on my breakfast asI started laughing. I only hope that the legislators see the obvious humor in the report's ridiculous degree of bias, and if nothing else, enjoy another good laugh at the PGC's expense. Maybe on the next similar, favorable report Tim Shaffer and Carl Roe can write the preface. And it sounds SO scientific!LOL" On a scale from 1-10, I'd prolly give most states about a three, but PGC scores around a 5." (Insert slow drawl and twangy accent for emphasis)What the hell is this, a scientific report, or best rack contest at the local bar? LMAO!!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've actually spoken with Shissler and I have to say,the guy is way out in left field.I support herd reductions but this guy's views are way beyond that.When he worked for DCNR he was pushing for baiting,group hunting,the ability togive your unused tags to someone else,unlimited tags,a rifle season that lasted several months and a host of other things.The guy is definately an extremist and he's exactly what we may be looking at if the PGC goes belly up and DCNR merges with the PGC.I generally support the PGC but this guy's testimony has no credibility with me.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Fork Horn

>baiting,group hunting,the ability togive your unused tags to someone else,unlimited tags,a rifle season that lasted several months and a host of other things.

Doug what is soo outladish about any of these? It just sounds like a lot of other states to me. Maybe not the several month rifle season but most other states have longer seasons for deer than PA.

I have a buddy who manages 4000 acres in 2G Clinton County. He is begging hunters to hunt and kill deer and is still not getting enough shot. THere FLIR numbers are in the 20 plus per squre mile but on average hunters see 1.7 deer total for the season when they are hunting the property.

Gino

Old 04-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Deer hunting in PA has always been so much more than just killing deer.
The traditions are gone, respect is next and the pride is going fast.
Honest to god baiting has to be the lowest denominator in reducing what once was a proud tradition to nothing more than a legalized slaughter. Ifour incompetent southern counterparts find actual hunting to difficult, and find baiting a suitable substitute for actually hunting deer so be it, but in PA where snow plays a huge roll in a deers survival baiting has no place.[:@]
We are in the process of legalizing all of the sametools slob poachers have used forever.[:'(]

Quick Reply: PGC critic has a bit of crow for supper...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.