Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How Did The West Virginia Hunters Fare?

Old 04-28-2003, 02:25 PM

Default How Did The West Virginia Hunters Fare?

Been awhile since I have posted....wanted to check in and see how everyone' s opening day went.

I hunted Nicholas County this morning.....heard quite a few gobbles off the roost, but only 1 after fly down. I played the waiting game until noon...but no luck...still had a great day!

I always love turkey season deer encounters. Had two just about step on me today....seems they are all over me during turkey season, and the turkeys are all over me during deer season!

I wish you all luck for this season, be safe and hunt hard!
Old 04-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Banned

Default RE: How Did The West Virginia Hunters Fare?

I had bout the same experiance you did. First day i heard a good bit of Gobblers but none came in close. Todays weather is rainy so not good for hunting turkeys. Ill hit the woods tommorow morning if its not raining
Old 05-01-2003, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

They have been gobbling up a storm here for 3 weeks or more now......but since season started with the rain I have not heard a thing. Just alot of deer moving. I have seen two road killed Gobblers on 79 North though and when I checked them out the tail fans and beards had already been cut off.......
Make that 3 Turk road kills saw one hen. All three had broken necks, my guess is the early AM flights ended with an encounter with a Semi.

Be Safe and Good Luck this season folks!! Be very safe!!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:34 PM

Hello sorry if i am replying to this kinda late. Me and my dad went to cornstalk this weekend and had three around us before light but when they hit the ground they shut up. was a very long morning [:' (] Hope you all faired better than i did.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

We killed 3 birds (I never pulled the trigger, but called 1 in) They weren' t calling much at all. The ones I called in were jakes. My buddy called in an entire flock of jakes. Him and another guy killed 2. The turkeys were everywhere, but seemed uninterested. I' m not done yet, though...LOL