Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

07/08 annual report. Good bad and ugly. Mostly ugly

Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

Default RE: 07/08 annual report. Good bad and ugly. Mostly ugly

"It only makes sence to me to use science to make the desions they always said science dont lie"

Deer managementuses alot more than science alone. It takes alot of judgement calls and opinions. If those making the decisions are concerned more with biodiversity timber or whatever else the case may be, its only understandable they are gonna lean that way. And sometime a HARD lean. Even thoughthe plan may be just as "scientificallyvalid", but that isnt saying much if you are a hunter,when it could be just as much so, withappropriate decisions regarding hunting as well. And to do it right in the name of hunting, it takes hunter friendly biologists, boc, and or other staff. Not extreme environmentalists. It also doesnt help when you have dcnr collecting the data and having strong input into the regeneration study even on lands not sate forest.

This new development for 2A has eco-extremist all over it.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

As for the forest regeneration though that tells the professional manager that all is not well and that the deer herd is a critical juncture that needs to be controlled and closely monitored before the deer do both the habitat and themselves in to a poor future. Hunters don’t benefit from that poor habitat deer future either.
If that were true, 2F would be managed at a lower DD than 2G, but instead it is managed at almost twice the DD as 2G. That makes absolutely no sense and neither do your previous attempts to justify the discrepancy.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

corn
A very good point and problem with current commission
Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Also, statewide, 12 wmus did NOT decline due to too many deer, regeneration or anything else, when the herd has been declining and still is in at least 8 of those 12.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Banned

Bowtruck, Im glad you acknowledge some of what Ive said. Question is, what can be done about it? From where i stand, I see nothing....Other than me whining some more.(LOL)

Seriously though, this is why I do not support fee increase etc. Its not because I want a deer behind every tree or cant kill a deer. I have little trouble with that. There is just a right and wrong, and I feel the current management trend here in 2A as well as many other areas of the state are wrong.

I have no problem with a decent chunk of the hr we have already gotten. Knock back some of it a tad in some wmus. And those that should be stabilized, stabilize them! Quit with the games already.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Bowtruck, Im glad you acknowledge some of what Ive said. Question is, what can be done about it? From where i stand, I see nothing....Other than me whining some more.(LOL)

Seriously though, this is why I do not support fee increase etc. Its not because I want a deer behind every tree or cant kill a deer. I have little trouble with that. There is just a right and wrong, and I feel the current management trend here in 2A as well as many other areas of the state are wrong.

I have no problem with a decent chunk of the hr we have already gotten. Knock back some of it a tad in some wmus. And those that should be stabilized, stabilize them! Quit with the games already.
I wish i knew the answer. Most of what you said is easily agreeable
And i wish pgc would quit with the games
3c has had next to no studies done so i wonder how they come up with
anything scientific
I dont support fee increase at this point in time for a number of resons
Old 04-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

You hunt 3C truck?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes 3c
Old 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Banned

Looks like the herd is still being reduced there as well. According to the latest annual report. It shows declines in the chart which goes from 2004 to 2007. Declines in 04, 05, and 07. 3 of the 4 years.

Dont know much about that area.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

slow decline and few studys to back it here

Quick Reply: 07/08 annual report. Good bad and ugly. Mostly ugly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.