Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting is great in PA?????

Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

Default RE: Hunting is great in PA?????

Hunter numbers declining double the national average.
Pgc driving themselves financially into the ground.
Borderline antihunting/environmental extremist BOC and some employees..
FAR fewer deer statewide than should and could be.
Econuts dictating to us what we will have to "accept"
Highest level of disapproval and disgust in the nation

Unfortunately equates to not very good things for the sport of hunting in our state. ANYONE who thinksotherwise iseither the biggest MORON on theface of the earth, or has other agendas, and itsure the hell isnt bettering hunting in Pennsylvania!
Old 04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Spike

Kinda new here but have to agree with alot of the comments I have read Here about the deer numbers just to low.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hunter numbers declining double the national average.
Not even close. Try again. Pa License sales actually went up a tick in 08 while nationally they continue to drop

Pgc driving themselves financially into the ground.
USP blackmail is the culprit there. Pa ia second to lowest in license fees for all the surrounding states.

Borderline antihunting/environmental extremist BOC and some employees..
And short sighted "deer behind every tree" types like you on the other end of the spectrum

FAR fewer deer statewide than should and could be.
Too few deer small in spotty areas. Better average quality statewide

Econuts dictating to us what we will have to "accept"
And the boogieman under your bed LOL!

Highest level of disapproval and disgust in the nation
Only between your ears! You can't back that up, just like the rest of your lies

Unfortunately equates to not very good things for the sport of hunting in our state. ANYONE who thinksotherwise iseither the biggest MORON on theface of the earth, or has other agendas, and itsure the hell isnt bettering hunting in Pennsylvania!
You are one of the biggest whiners about another site not allowing certain opinions. Now anyone with anopinion different from you is a moron eh? you sound like Alec Baldwin, James Carville, Al Franken or any other typical bitter liberal.

Greene County is just a rocks throw from two other states. Why not just get outta dodge if you're so unhappy there? We'll get by without ya. I promise!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better average quality statewide
You can't back that up. There is no data that shows the average deer is of any better quality than before. But , there is data that shows breeding rates and productivity have decreased and there is evidence that the buck harvest has dropped by 40% from 2001 to 2008.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Better average quality statewide
You can't back that up. There is no data that shows the average deer is of any better quality than before. But , there is data that shows breeding rates and productivity have decreased and there is evidence that the buck harvest has dropped by 40% from 2001 to 2008.
A pictureworth a thousand words... maybe worth a million of your words............

Old 04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Banned

Y-A-A-A-W-N!

"Not even close. Try again. Pa License sales actually went up a tick in 08 while nationally they continue to drop "

Pa license sales dropped. AGAIN. The onlygeneral license salesthat went up a "tick" was the adult resident. Total general license sales of adult res, adult no res, youth... Total DOWN. 2007 saleswere 924,448. Last year was 905,046....Now which ones higher brainiac??

And from 2001 to 2006 theyve dropped by OVER double the national average, and in case you didnt notice....We've never gotten those numbers back! LMAO!

"USP blackmail is the culprit there. Pa ia second to lowest in license fees for all the surrounding states."

Nope. Thats your distorted version. The hunters of Pa have spoken en-mass and the legislators had no choice but to take notice.

Also Pa's license fees...as we have discussed in detail before..Is right on par with "average" and perhaps a bit higher than nationwide average. The proposed fee increases will put us WAAAAAAY up in those rankings....In such a poor hunting state? Rediculous.

"Too few deer small in spotty areas. Better average quality statewide "

Nope. Severe hr had countered any benefits of ar "quality wise" For every area that picked up because of hunters lessening pressure in some areas due to low numbers, several others have declined due to lack of recruitment. Guess thats what happens when you cut the herd in half then increase the pressure on the 2.5 yr olds.

"Only between your ears! You can't back that up, just like the rest of your lies "

Sure I can. Shouldnt have to, cause noone but an idiot would deny it. 2 words. DEER- WARS.

"You are one of the biggest whiners about another site not allowing certain opinions."

And yet youseem to be the only one currently whining. Im quite content with the way things are going on here myself...

"Now anyone with anopinion different from you is a moron eh? you sound like Alec Baldwin, James Carville, Al Franken or any other typical bitter liberal."

No. I said if anyone disagreed with those rock bottom common sense deductions. If someone thinks those things are "good" which I listed, then imsorry, but that meansthey are a complete moron!

"Greene County is just a rocks throw from two other states. Why not just get outta dodge if you're so unhappy there? We'll get by without ya. I promise! "

Many years I do hunt Ohio or Wv. Not gonna do so at your request or forego Pa completely though. Would miss too much tree-time. Besides,that wouldnt solve anything for my fellow hunters, and I dont wanna be selfish like you now do I??. I Also see no reason not to expect...check that....DEMAND...responsible management R-I-G-H-T HERE....Besides that would be doing just as you do...willingly bending over at the behest of the enviromentalist flakes who are telling us what we must accept![:'(]

BTW, what does that truckload of bucks from the taxidermist have to do with anything?? Bucks from far and wide....Not unlike those that have graced taxidermist shops in Pa for many years in many areas of the state....Not to mention even in some of the worst states in the nation. Taxidermists around here are doing half the business they used to. About half as many "good" bucks in the newspaper as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned

BB says: "There is no data that shows the average deer is of any better quality than before. "

Very good point. Nada, Nyet, NONE!

"But , there is data that shows breeding rates and productivity have decreased and there is evidence that the buck harvest has dropped by 40% from 2001 to 2008. "

Yes, and we are supposed to be tickled pink at these "successes" and offer a golden calf to carl roe and his clown crew posse'.....Along with several million additional dollars per year?!!! LMAO!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Spike

maybe the reason for license sales declining is the people who live close to ohio,west virginia, and maryland have chosen to hunt there.I travel to west virginia quite a bit and seems to me once you cross into there you start to see deer. Also in wv they have an area which I believe is coopers rocks that has a spread width minimum. This is a great idea i wish the pgc would do this here. Counting points and only saving a few seems senseless.

I was out doing some turkey scouting this past weekend and noticed in a few particular areas on sgl that there was hardly any deer sign and acorns and apples laying on the ground going to rot. 10-20 years ago you just didnt see this. They are just lacking deer.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

I agree 100% Pa. a few places i hunt there are THOUSANDS of crab apples literally covering the ground rotten.Several years ago, they were never left so long without being eaten. Same with a few old apple trees. Due to being old somewhat shaded and unpruned, they have few apples each year and even they arent being all eaten each year. Regeneration in the area isnt an issue, lots ofbrowse. Tons of food. Few deer.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Spike

I forgot to mention the acorns laying on the ground also. Maybe This is going to be a squirrel state.. We have some apple trees at our camp and if they hit the ground they are gone pretty quick. Ahh Well we will just wait and see what happens I guess. I dont follow what is going on with them to close but please correct me if iam wrong the legislature is holdong up there license increase until they lower the doe licenses a bit correct. I mean wow i am not a fan of politicians but if it wasnt for them where would this deer program be..

Quick Reply: Hunting is great in PA?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.