Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Can PGC be sued again

Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Default Can PGC be sued again

Just curious, Can the PGC be sued for false advertisement and illegal use of monies that they recieve from the hunters fees? I buy a license to hunt game animals. Hunting license,hint hunting. Yet they are useing my hunting fee that I pay to the PGC Game commision to fund non game animals. I didn't sign no contract saying they was allowed to use my money for non game animals nor did I know this until recent.
Now I find out the Game commision is not really a game commision but a fraudulent company who spend the majority of my money on none game animals that I am not allowed to hunt. Anyone else see the fraud from the PGC?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Can PGC be sued again

ORIGINAL: scorp

Just curious, Can the PGC be sued for false advertisement and illegal use of monies that they recieve from the hunters fees? I buy a license to hunt game animals. Hunting license,hint hunting. Yet they are useing my hunting fee that I pay to the PGC Game commision to fund non game animals. I didn't sign no contract saying they was allowed to use my money for non game animals nor did I know this until recent.
Now I find out the Game commision is not really a game commision but a fraudulent company who spend the majority of my money on none game animals that I am not allowed to hunt. Anyone else see the fraud from the PGC?
I dont even know where to begin.....
How long have you been hunting? did you take a HTE course, its covered there. The PGC is tasked with the management of ALL WILDLIFE and it always has been. Bald eagle, Otter, Fisher reintroduction? any of that ring a bell, All non-game species.

The Commission is responsible for managing all of Pennsylvania's wild birds and mammals. Wildlife management is conservation in its most recognizable form. It's the process used to manage game and other wildlife populations, and includes: monitoring wildlife populations; establishing laws and regulations; setting seasons and bag limits; making habitat improvements; providing outright protection; informing and educating the public; and assessing public expectations and satisfaction. Each offers varying benefits to wildlife and Pennsylvanians.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=458&q=153947
link to Conservation history in Pennsylvania

Here is how much was spent last yearfrom the game fund on non-game species,

Endangered/threatened/nongame wildlife management program

$185,520

Here is a link to the whole report.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=523&q=173302

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Behind the Marker As the story goes, the hunt had begun about 3:00 a.m. near Brockway in Elk County sometime in the winter of 1883. At dawn, John M. Phillips and his companions jumped a buck. For the next three days they tracked him through the snow; for three days they never saw another deer's tracks. But their perseverance paid off. Phillips killed the deer, and then he realized what he had done. "I fear I have killed the last deer in Pennsylvania," he told his friends. "I will never kill another in the state." And he never did.

"In 1890, the game had practically disappeared from our state," Phillips would later write. "We had but few game laws and those were supposed to be enforced by township constables, most of whom were politicians willing to trade with their friends the lives of our beasts and birds in exchange for votes." That year, Phillips and other sportsmen formed the Pennsylvania Sportsmen's Association to press for government protection of the state's disappearing wildlife. In 1895, the Pennsylvania Game Commission was born.
[/align]

Two years later the General Assembly approved a new package of game laws to protect endangered populations of deer, waterfowl and other game birds. The Commission then appointed the state's first game protectors and empowered constables to start enforcing those laws. This was no easy task, for according to Game Commissioner Joseph Kalbus, Pennsylvania's hunters, "appeared to think they had... an inherent right to destroy game and birds at pleasure." Pennsylvanians, like other Americans, resisted state efforts to limit a hunter's right to use his gun. Regulating hunting was "a bloody process" in which fourteen game protection agents were shot at and three killed in 1906 alone.

To restore the populations of valuable wildlife, Governor Samuel Pennypacker authorized the establishment of "game preserves" in the state forests for the protection of deer, wild turkey, grouse, woodcock and other animals in 1905. On 2,000 acres in the Young Women's Creek Reserve in Clinton -- the first forest lands purchased by the Commonwealth back in 1898 -- the Game Commission set up its first game preserve. By 1910, the Game Commission was winning praise across the nation for its restocking and management of the state's growing deer herd. To fund more preserves, the Commission asked the state legislature to pass a law requiring each hunter to pay a dollar for a license to hunt, a measure that the state's sportsmen bitterly opposed. Passed in 1913, the Resident Hunter's License Law provided the Commonwealth money to purchase and maintain its public game preserves, to protectall wildlife and to restore species native to the state.

By 1919 Pennsylvania had twenty State Game Land reserves, but most animal populations were still distressingly low. That year, Governor William C. Sproul signed a law authorizing purchase of land specifically for game preserves. Later that year the Commission purchased 6,288 acres in Elk County from the Wright Chemical Company for State Game Lands Preserve Number 25. In the next five years, the Commission acquired another 86,000 acres and managed a game reserve system that covered an additional 100,000 acres of publicly owned and private lands. In the following decades the Commission's "miniature Yellowstone Parks" of the State Game Lands would be the heart of Pennsylvania's wildlife-management programs.

By 1927 Pennsylvania was a national leader in game conservation. More than 500,000 hunters paid a $2 annual fee, the proceeds of which the state used to purchase and maintain game refuges. As the state restocked cottontail rabbits from Missouri and Kansas, quail from Mexico, beaver from Canada, ruffed grouse, raccoons, and other species, the animal populations recovered. When the trees grew back, the animal populations recovered. In 2000, the Pennsylvania Game Commission managed more than 1.3 million acres. With the regrowth of Pennsylvania's forests and the efforts of the Game Commission, the wildlife has returned, and with it, the hunters. In 1985, Pennsylvania licensed more than a million hunters, the third-highest total in the nation.
[/align][/align]Credit: Pennsylvania State Archives[/align]
Old 03-23-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absoluely the dumbest post ever made on a message board.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Absoluely the dumbest post ever made on a message board.
He makes almost as much sense as the first two suits.... so yes, Doug you're right! Or at least it'sdeserving ofthe top 10 list of dumbest posts.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:07 AM

I bet when the USP asked about their lawsuit you fools without an answer would of said the same thing? LMAO, Well they are getting sued over who owns the deer now are they not? LMFAO
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

PGc is definately a fraud. But not because of spending money on some nongame species as necessary. Its because they wasted millions of dollars promoting and continuing a failed deer management program, thanks to the treehuggers now running the management show.

I have heard of another lawsuit spoken of on another site by ol' Slinkster. Just made slight mention that it could be possibility due to the rediculous boc selection process and MORE ecofruitcakes apparently in line to take the seats of those leaving. Seems our boc is a revolving deer for ecoextremist nutjobs, and it NEEDS TO STOP!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry scorp.Part of the basis for their lawsuit was because they felt the herd was being reduced to satisfy the timber companies because the deer were pawing the trees with their hooves.I ain't makin that up and yes it's still just as funny toaday as it was then.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

As I understood it,USP is suing Pgcbecause pgc was implementing an extreme unwarranted program, taking the deer herd unnecessarily lowbased on insufficient reproductive data...

And even RSB the self appointed pgc tale-teller has basically stuck his foot in his mouth when he has often stated that is true, when he says we cant go to smaller wmus because not enough reproductive data exists NOW even with many of the larger ones....

Yet the pgc beat (slaughter) goes on.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Sorry scorp.Part of the basis for their lawsuit was because they felt the herd was being reduced to satisfy the timber companies because the deer were pawing the trees with their hooves.I ain't makin that up and yes it's still just as funny toaday as it was then.
Yep that one's a classic.

Of course Slimeskys claim that we'd be down toaround 50,000 deer by now was equally ridiculous

Quick Reply: Can PGC be sued again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.