Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MORE OF THE SAME PGC BOC NOMINEE?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Banned

Default MORE OF THE SAME PGC BOC NOMINEE?

Seems our governor has nominated 2 candidates forPGCcommissioners. Seems one of them just happens to be more of the same imho. Id suggest anyone agreeing to make their feelings known to the senate. They must confirm the appointees.
------------------------------------------------
Resume
For
David J. Putnam

Centre Hall, Pennsylvania 16828

Qualifications:

Education and Employment

1970 Graduate Penn State University - Forest Science

1973 – 1975 Penn State University - Graduate training in Wildlife Science

1979 - 2007 Wildlife Biologist U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, State College, Pennsylvania

2007 - Present Self-employed Wildlife Biologist

Current position- Coordinator of Environmental Programs for the Foundation for California University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Biologist for the Appalachian Woodcock Initiative, Wildlife Management Institute.

My responsibilities include coordinating conservation efforts and partnerships with agencies and organizations to protect and enhance wildlife populations and habitats on farmland habitats throughout Pennsylvania, with an emphasis on western Pennsylvania. I am also involved in coordinating a wild pheasant reintroduction project that is focusing on the Pike Run watershed in western Pennsylvania and another project in Columbia and Montour Counties. My duties with the Woodcock Initiative involve coordinating effort with the state and federal agencies, non-profit agencies, commercial forest land owners and private individuals to develop a series of demonstration projects to promote restoration of early successional stage habitat.

Experience

As a wildlife biologist with the US Fish and Wildlife Service, I have had the opportunity to work in a number of different areas. I started my career conducting studies on the Allegheny River basin. I conducted additional studies on large Corps of Engineers projects such as the Tioga-Hammond reservoir project and the lock and dam systems on the Monongahela and Ohio rivers. For the past 20 years I was involved in habitat restoration starting with wetlands and native warm-season grasses and stream-bank fencing and later including stream restoration. In that role I worked extensively with the USDA, the Pennsylvania Game Commission, Pennsylvania DEP, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, County Conservation Districts, and hundreds of private landowners.

During my graduate training at Penn State I worked with Jerry Wunz, the late Pennsylvania Game Commission biologist who pioneered the trap and transfer of wild turkeys in the state. I worked with Jerry on numerous projects and we spent hundreds of hours discussing the philosophy of wildlife management. Prior to that Jerry worked with my father, who was a Pennsylvania Game Warden, in the days before there were Conservation Officers. Jerry and other biologists of that day inspired me to pursue a career in wildlife management.

Organizations

Ruffed Grouse Society
Ducks Unlimited Sponsor
Pheasants Forever Sponsor
Past President Pennsylvania Chapter of the Wildlife Society

Outdoor Interests / Activities

Habitat enhancement for all wildlife Hunting all species, especially upland bird hunting (ruffed grouse, wild turkey, pheasants)
Dog training
Target Shooting- shotgun and rifle
Fishing – Fly fishing, ice fishing, surf fishing, walleye fishing ….

Personal

Born: August 2, 1948
Married

Organizations

Ruffed Grouse Society
Ducks Unlimited Sponsor
Pheasants Forever Sponsor
Past President Pennsylvania Chapter of the Wildlife Society

Outdoor Interests / Activities

Habitat enhancement for all wildlife Hunting all species, especially upland bird hunting (ruffed grouse, wild turkey, pheasants)
Dog training
Target Shooting- shotgun and rifle
Fishing – Fly fishing, ice fishing, surf fishing, walleye fishing ….

Personal

Born: August 2, 1948
Married
------------------

USFW? Biologist?Worked often with Pgc, DEP and couty conservation districts? Worked with landowners in regards to early successional growth, Sounds like 100% antideer to me.

Not to mention he works with WMI!!!! The guys supposed to do the audit? Lil' fishy??

And last, yet not least, the man speaks of his mentor being Jerry Wunz.and "SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS DISCUSSING WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY"... Sounds like he thought highly of Jerry's input....

UNFORTUNATELY, here is what Jerry Wunz thought of the whitetail deer;;; "
"In the 1970's Game Commission turkey biologist Gerry Wunz began referring to deer as mountain maggots because of the devastating consequences of overabundant deer on forest wildlife habitat."
Old 03-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned

Default RE: MORE OF THE SAME PGC BOC NOMINEE?

Link to the above statement: www.ecosysmp.com/testimony.html
Old 03-19-2009, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Another Homer Simpson in a tuxedo. Brains- commo sense = educated dummy. Why wont they condsider a real hunter, mountain man that actually spends time in the real woods with real deer. Just about anyone who post on here would be better.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Banned

Sorry, I dont see ecoextremists who value the opinion that deer are "MOUNTAIN MAGGOTS" as having common sense.

And yes, Id say many on here would be a better candidate. The boc was supposed to be set up "of the people". Pgc has biologists. More arent needed on the boc. Especially if they are highly biased with an antideer agenda. Some extremely intelligent folks are members of groups that simply want extremelyfewer deer because of their own agendas. Thats fine and dandy, but is 100% counter to hunters.

Also, though just an example, there are some VERY educated people who do VERY stupid things every single day, not to mention highly educated men and women who also happen to be members of Audubon, Peta, religious cults(LOL)... I know of an extremely strange gentleman who is VERY weird, talks to himself, wears nylons, but back inthe 80'she got his degree in early childhood development. Perhaps he can come over and babysitsome of these guyskids or grandkids sometime? After all...Hes educated. (LOL)[:'(]

Then what many arent seeing is, if this joker does get that seat.... What is this gonna do to the audit?? We were promised an audit before a license increase!! How are we gonna have an audit done by WMI, when this clown WORKED FOR THEM, has often worked with pgc as well...and is now a Pgc Commissioner?? No way in hell that can fly!! So we will be stuck with our agency going broke, or more likely the hunters getting no answers but getting screwed yet again, and pgc permitted to "stay the course", with an unconditional fee increase being granted and enabling it all. This really stinks and Im beginning to smell wrong-doing (big surprise with pgc huh?). Too much coincidence to be coincidenceand would provide yet one more easy way out for the very slippery pgc.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Sorry, I dont see ecoextremists who value the opinion that deer are "MOUNTAIN MAGGOTS" as having common sense.

And yes, Id say many on here would be a better candidate. The boc was supposed to be set up "of the people". Pgc has biologists. More arent needed on the boc. Especially if they are highly biased with an antideer agenda. Some extremely intelligent folks are members of groups that simply want extremelyfewer deer because of their own agendas. Thats fine and dandy, but is 100% counter to hunters.

Also, though just an example, there are some VERY educated people who do VERY stupid things every single day, not to mention highly educated men and women who also happen to be members of Audubon, Peta, religious cults(LOL)... I know of an extremely strange gentleman who is VERY weird, talks to himself, wears nylons, but back inthe 80'she got his degree in early childhood development. Perhaps he can come over and babysitsome of these guyskids or grandkids sometime? After all...Hes educated. (LOL)[:'(]

Then what many arent seeing is, if this joker does get that seat.... What is this gonna do to the audit?? We were promised an audit before a license increase!! How are we gonna have an audit done by WMI, when this clown WORKED FOR THEM, has often worked with pgc as well...and is now a Pgc Commissioner?? No way in hell that can fly!! So we will be stuck with our agency going broke, or more likely the hunters getting no answers but getting screwed yet again, and pgc permitted to "stay the course", with an unconditional fee increase being granted and enabling it all. This really stinks and Im beginning to smell wrong-doing (big surprise with pgc huh?). Too much coincidence to be coincidenceand would provide yet one more easy way out for the very slippery pgc.

It is rather obvious that you don’t know that the Game Commission has no input into who becomes a Commissioner. It is also obvious that you frequently bad mouth the Game Commission concerning many things of which you know very little to nothing about.

If you think you or one your buddies would make a better Commissioner then the next time there is an opening for your district submit an application of interest. Then one of you bright and more intelligent people could surely do much better then the others when you are interviewed by the Governor’s Advisory Committee. Surely with your superior level of intelligence you would have your name sent over to the Governor and then confirmed by the State Senate.

You would then be all set, since the Game Commission gets zero input into who becomes a Commissioner, you could show up at the Commission meetings, straighten all those other stupid Commissioners out and fix all of the corruption and mis-management you believe exists.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 03-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

It is rather obvious that you don’t know that the Game Commission has no input into who becomes a Commissioner. It is also obvious that you frequently bad mouth the Game Commission concerning many things of which you know very little to nothing about.

If you think you or one your buddies would make a better Commissioner then the next time there is an opening for your district submit an application of interest. Then one of you bright and more intelligent people could surely do much better then the others when you are interviewed by the Governor’s Advisory Committee. Surely with your superior level of intelligence you would have your name sent over to the Governor and then confirmed by the State Senate.

You would then be all set, since the Game Commission gets zero input into who becomes a Commissioner, you could show up at the Commission meetings, straighten all those other stupid Commissioners out and fix all of the corruption and mis-management you believe exists.

R.S. Bodenhorn
WELL SAID!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 PM

What I find very interesting is that if you recieve no money from any other organization, How can the government be involved with the PGC. You all must be getting money from them some how for them making all these laws for hunting and wildlife. Something stinks in the PGC for sure. You all seem to be afraid to tell them get screwed for some reason? They don't pay your salary,the hunters do. Kinda funny that you are telling the hunters to go get screwed,the ones who pays your bills and you all kiss the gov arse . Quite backwards. Again something stinks and being hidden from us that the PGC is not telling us.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

"It is rather obvious that you don’t know that the Game Commission has no input into who becomes a Commissioner."

Im 100% aware of the boc selection process, and have posted about it in detail on several boards on several occassions. Its alsorather obvious that a pathetic attempt at discrediting me, and your usual blind pgc support damage control nonsense. You shouldknowafter seeing me post for years that I know exactly what Im talking about, and my knowledge at the very least of the rock bottombasics is indisputable! (LOL)

"It is also obvious that you frequently bad mouth the Game Commission concerning many things of which you know very little to nothing about."

Hardly. I make it a point to be educated and informed. You should try it. Maybe you'd drop some of your half-baked anal philosophies.

"If you think you or one your buddies would make a better Commissioner then the next time there is an opening for your district submit an application of interest. "

I absolutely do. I personally have no desire for many reasons, though I or just about ANYONE else would have done a helluva lot better job than some of the recent clowns (andfuture oneswho value the belief deer are mountain maggots)and thats a fact. I know others who might have been interested, however they arent delusional. If theythought any ofthem had a snowballs chance in hell in this "system",some of themmight consider it. Course I know a lot of folks who arent keen on our commander in chief Obama. That doesnt mean that in 4 years they are all gonna run out and run against him just so you dont call them hypocrites! (LOL)

"Then one of you bright and more intelligent people"

I sense sarcasm, whichis funny, very funny in fact. Id be insultedhaving MY intelligencequestioned by a clearly biased and intellect lacking "game warden' ...ifn it wasnt so damn funny. I hafta hand it to you though. You are a perfect representative of the current commission. Every bit as hunter negative and biodiversity nut as your "superiors".[:'(] I havent a clue what you are doing here, you belong over at the audubon site. They look down on hunters and think they know it all too.

"could surely do much better then the others when you are interviewed by the Governor’s Advisory Committee. Surely with your superior level of intelligence you would have your name sent over to the Governor and then confirmed by the State Senate."

That depends onwether or not they already have their token minority of "lame duck" hunter reps already on the board. Theysureas hell aint gonna allow a hunter majority board now are they?? And risk not staying the "audubon deer slaughter course"? After all the money time and effort poured into getting it implemented , defended and continued thus far? Ha ha yeah, right.[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

"You would then be all set, since the Game Commission gets zero input into who becomes a Commissioner, you could show up at the Commission meetings, straighten all those other stupid Commissioners out and fix all of the corruption and mis-management you believe exists. "

Im not a friggin idiot and I know how things work. I know pgc has "say" although not directly. Gee I wonder whyat least THREEof the candidates had strong ties to pgc? (LOL) Im also not an idiot and know pgc maintains strong relationships with many outside of the agency and to say they have ZERO pull in the matter is absurd drivel you shouldve saved for some stupid unsuspecting newbie. Seeing how many boc members and governor advisory board membersare pfsc members and otherwell rewarded conservationist extremist"yes men"and you wanna tell me PGC has NO connection period to whom is accepted? I guess you dont know who thehell you are talking to, but I didnt just grad-E-ate from special ed yesterday, and its also been a bit longer than that, that ive been closely following and debating these issues.

The truth shall set ye free.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned

There ya go BTB. Read the above and then shake those pom-poms. (LMAO)
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Banned

Did anyone happen to notice the hoopla over on hpa over the boc picks and misses? Seems the eco-folkare mad about any boc member that might be "pro-deer hunting" in nature, and want enviromental extremists. Seems they are also mad about KDavis not making the cut. Funny all the bellyaching from those who call others whiners! (LOL)

Thats what I call E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T at its finest!! Better than watchinga barrel full of juggling, swordswallowing,red-arssed babboons!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.