Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Interesting article on Pa Deer Audit

Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interesting article on Pa Deer Audit

I done found 2B on a map a coupla times since 2003 but you aint done found a deer to shoot since then. Ya done told us so yisself!
Wrong again. I found quite a few deer to shoot since 2003, but I chose not to shot them or I wasn't carrying a weapon when I found them. Harvesting a deer really is all that important to me at this stage of the game since I am over the bragging phase of deer hunting.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I done found 2B on a map a coupla times since 2003 but you aint done found a deer to shoot since then. Ya done told us so yisself!
Wrong again. I found quite a few deer to shoot since 2003, but I chose not to shot them or I wasn't carrying a weapon when I found them. Harvesting a deer really is all that important to me at this stage of the game since I am over the bragging phase of deer hunting.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you at a loss for words?
Old 03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Im at a loss for words!!!!!!!!!How in the ever living f'n hell can youREAD that article posted by Cornelius and then in the same forumargue bowhunter killsin wmu 2? and 5?? There aint no damn wonder deer hunting in Pa. has gone to s!!T! That article gave ya plenty of powerful info. to hash about (if all is true) and ya'll wanna whine about wmu's and bowhunters?

It may help some of you who can read and comprehend to fall back to page 1 and reread Bawanajim's 1st response
Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

You have some fair questions that I'm not totally prepared to answer without looking into it some more.
You got that right.

The fact that Street is way out in left field doesnt totally dismiss all this and I'm willing to take another look but It would be my suggestion that anything he said in that article needs to be triple checked. Thats what I plan to do over thenext few days.
That's good. I am impressed. I hope you do and I would be interested in knowing what you find out.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

By the way Cornelius,,,,great article and great reading,,,thanks for posting it,,,im gonna research some of the articles from prior years just so i can better understand where and when all went wrong
Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Banned

Yeah rem, thats the impression I got too when I first read the piece. Definately should make any Pa hunter raise an eyebrow at the very least.

Ive been doing some re-reading on the netof some of the things spoken of in the piece and everything appears to be as stated, at least that which can be corroborated.

I also dont doubt the meetings with Schaeffer/Zullinger with legislators. They were very passionate in their letter requesting no moves be made to change pgc or the deer plan. I also know how Schaeffer and audubon have been VERY pushy andover eager to delve into the deer management plan for years, and have little doubt they also tried to force their way into the particulars of the audit deal. Audubon was one of the groups asked forthoughts on deer management goals prior to the plan. Audubonwas instrumental in the inception and continuationof our extreme hr, they are among those whose opinions are asked whendetermining game land usage issues and from the looks of it, they apparently had a finger in the audit pot. Those fools are like a TERRIBLE rash that just won't go away. Why is that? Because they apparently have "pull" through pgc higher ups. Otherwise, in a hunter friendly system, theyd have been put in their place long ago. They have been permitted to be a FAR too big of a part of game management. And they do so, because they can.[:'(]
Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

A large part of Street’s comments focused on his belief that John Eveland is not only qualified but the best choice for doing the deer management audit.

Can anyone even find a link with information about John Eveland or his work?

I have been a round for a long time and I don’t think I have ever even heard of him. I tried researching him on the internet and all I can find is some stuff on one who is a photographer in, I think it was the state of Indiana and some pay reports from Rand about a john Eveland that doesn’t seem to have much relevant information.

I wonder if this guy is really what Street made him out to be since I don’t seem to be able to find anything credited to his name. I have never heard of a researcher that can’t be found on the internet. My thinking is that if this guy really has some qualifications he would show up in something.

If someone can find a link with a bio on this John Eveland how about posting it, I would like to learn more about him and his qualifications.

R.S.Bodenhorn
Old 03-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

This is what I found,

www.rand.org/pubs/authors/e/eveland_john_d.html
Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

This is what I found,

www.rand.org/pubs/authors/e/eveland_john_d.html

I found that too and is what I was previously referring to concerning the Rand reports.

But, I still don’t see any bio on this John Eveland and little in the Rand reports that would lead me to believe they have the qualifications to do the kind of audit that would include deer management. Perhaps they could but looking through their listing of topics I don’t see anything even remotely similar in their past reports.

R.S. Bodenhorn

Quick Reply: Interesting article on Pa Deer Audit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.