Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Interesting article on Pa Deer Audit

Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Interesting article on Pa Deer Audit

Those buck are still dead whether and the fact that they are in 2B and %C doesn't change the fact that they won't be doing the breeding.
[/quote]

Say what? And what does this reply have to do with that reply?

Over 50% of the bucks harvested in 2B and 5C are harvested during archery. Those that were against X-bows often stated that too many bucks would be harvested. Looks like Street isn't the hack you claimed he is, but that wouldn't stop you from calling him names. bluebird2
Old 03-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have to ask , there is no sense trying to explain it for you.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I wouldn't exclusively be using 2B and 5C BB to compare how many bucks are harvested,gun vs. bow. Don't forget, many area's in those two WMU's, you are hunting near a metropolitan area. That's the only weapon you can use.
Those buck are still dead whether and the fact that they are in 2B and %C doesn't change the fact that they won't be doing the breeding.
Your playing twister again.

Remember plenty of those bucks are shoot with bows during the fire arms season, and as you know to well that happens because of the safety zones in those two particular areas.

Its funny how many people are beginning to see how you use half truths to promote your agenda.
Prove it!! You have no idea how many bucks are killed by archers during the rifle season. I have yet to see a bow hunter during rifle season in 40 years of hunting the areas included in 5C.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I wouldn't exclusively be using 2B and 5C BB to compare how many bucks are harvested,gun vs. bow. Don't forget, many area's in those two WMU's, you are hunting near a metropolitan area. That's the only weapon you can use.
Your playing twister again.

Remember plenty of those bucks are shoot with bows during the fire arms season, and as you know to well that happens because of the safety zones in those two particular areas.

Its funny how many people are beginning to see how you use half truths to promote your agenda.
Prove it!! You have no idea how many bucks are killed by archers during the rifle season. I have yet to see a bow hunter during rifle season in 40 years of hunting the areas included in 5C.
Hell you can't even find a deer and thats what your supposed to be hunting for, I'm sure a man capable of killing deer with archery equipment would be smarter than to hunt anywhere near where you deemed fit.[:-]
I know plenty of people that bow hunt through the fire arms season.Of course they are friends ,something that I'm sure is foreign to you.

Whats with the "Prove it!" just cause you toss'em up doesn't mean I have to hit them all outta the park.
Why don't you try to prove me wrong?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

If you have to ask , there is no sense trying to explain it for you.
I don't need it explained to me.But I do think you need to read over your own reply's so you understand Your first reply was:Over 50% of the bucks harvested in 2B and 5C are harvested during archery. Your next reply to your first response was: Those buck are still dead whether and the fact that they are in 2B and %C doesn't change the fact that they won't be doing the breeding. [/align][/align]I'm sorry BB. I get it now! If that buck is harvested in 2B or 5C, his little willy wiggle doesn't work anymore.Your right,that makes sense.[/align]
Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Not surprising coming from Street. I guess he finally stepped off his decades long anti bowhunter campaign.

Corny, are you aware that thishack has tirelessly campaigned to rescind the last two weeks of bow season since we got it back in the 90's claiming that archers are taking all the good bucks by getting an unfair first crack at them? His latest mantra is that we take all the best bucks out before they can breed.

What is intesting is how he left just enough of the truth in there to allow the intelligent reader to see through all the smoke and mirrors.
Street's articles tend to demonstrate the same kind of spin and deception as Bluebirds posts often do here and the above post is a very good example.
I suppose you would rather read something from the likes of Ben Moyer or Mark Nale?

Myself, I am not too quick to dismiss what this guy has to say. Perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to where the un-truths are. Show us how he is spinning and deceiving. Enquiring minds want to know.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats with the "Prove it!" just cause you toss'em up doesn't mean I have to hit them all outta the park.
As usual , that is quite easy since 77% of 2B is forests and farmland ,rather than developed areas with a high percentage of safety zones.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Not surprising coming from Street. I guess he finally stepped off his decades long anti bowhunter campaign.

Corny, are you aware that thishack has tirelessly campaigned to rescind the last two weeks of bow season since we got it back in the 90's claiming that archers are taking all the good bucks by getting an unfair first crack at them? His latest mantra is that we take all the best bucks out before they can breed.

What is intesting is how he left just enough of the truth in there to allow the intelligent reader to see through all the smoke and mirrors.
Street's articles tend to demonstrate the same kind of spin and deception as Bluebirds posts often do here and the above post is a very good example.
I suppose you would rather read something from the likes of Ben Moyer or Mark Nale?

Myself, I am not too quick to dismiss what this guy has to say. Perhaps you would like to enlighten us as to where the un-truths are. Show us how he is spinning and deceiving. Enquiring minds want to know.
After reading his anti-bow drivel for years, sorry, but it's easy to dismiss this buffoon with a pen.

As for where the deceptions are, please reread this from my previous post and pay attention to the undelined part

Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

You didn't do your self any credit with that response. Pretty weak. I thought for sure you would be able to do better than that.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

As usual , that is quite easy since 77% of 2B is forests and farmland ,rather than developed areas with a high percentage of safety zones.

While the 77% may have been factually correct at one time, it certainly is not accurate in the CONTEXT you are attempting to use it.

Theres that pesky word context again eh?

You obviously have zero knowledge of the makeup of 2B. I live on the outskirts of 2B by the 2D border and even out here in the "forests and farmland" the tendency for people to build on larger lots results in houses and buildings that are spaced just far enough apart to allow for plenty of wildlife cover but not enough to allow much in the way of safe firearm hunting. Remember that a safety zonedoesnt simply apply to where a hunters feet are parked but also to where his projectile will cross and ultimately stop.

Besides the vast amount of land consumed by the larger firearm safety zones, many landowners will allow archery only even on land that is outside those safety zones in this particular WMU.

Also, add in the fact that being close to a higher population also provides forfar more "after work"and "half day" hunts close to home that skews the archery harvest up as well.

But then, you knew all that didn't you? Too bad it blows your whole point as posted above aint it?

Quick Reply: Interesting article on Pa Deer Audit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.