Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Is the P.G.C. in suicide mode?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is the P.G.C. in suicide mode?

If yer monniker is correct, yer gonna get told to go home or stay out of PA w/ your comments. Love that one. That is exactly what they would like you to beleive, that the majority wanted no Xbows.
RMEF, I am thinking the farmers were complaining about damage which is a very real problem on the slopes up there, hence increase population control/ . However, the PGC should have given the tagto them.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

If yer monniker is correct, yer gonna get told to go home or stay out of PA w/ your comments. Love that one. That is exactly what they would like you to beleive, that the majority wanted no Xbows.
RMEF, I am thinking the farmers were complaining about damage which is a very real problem on the slopes up there, hence increase population control/ . However, the PGC should have given the tagto them.
Who are you referring to? I'm a lifetime resident of PA. Born here, raised here, and I'm sure I'll die here. I asked a question, didn't post a comment. Reread my post.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: the outsider

ManySpurs, thanks but that didn't answer my question. Of those who corresponded, who was represented? Any group such as the UBP can flood the BOC with their views while the majority remains silent. I don't have anything against the UBP, but I am trying to understand who was opposed to inclusion.
All I know is that I've read where the those in favor of inclusion were outnumbered by 9-1 by those not in favor. And, if I remember correctly, the UBP polled it's members and found that 93%? favored no inclusion. That's the best info that I can supply. Perhaps some of the UBP & PGC "insiders", like DennyF or WV Gino could answer the question better. Hell, I know for a fact that there's a bunch of "insiders" lurking here, maybe they could tell you. C'mon Magistro, Hogan, Gehman, Wentzler, Waldron, Foust, Miller, Furhmanand company....step up to the plate here will ya's.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the response ManySpurs. I automaticallythrow upa flag when I hear a phrase like "the majority don't want it". Or was it the verbal minority that don't? I'm just trying to understand what's behind allthat Idon't see.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

90% of those who cared enough to write were against it. Undoubtedly the UBP had a lot to do with that. Not sure what your point is.What's important or ought to be isthat it didnt seem to matter enoughto any other groups to bother to voice their opinion and it didnt matter to the BOC what the results were among those who cared enough to voice an opinon. What REALLY stinks is that one board member will now reap finacial rewards as a direct result of full inclusion because he owns a shop that sells xbows. He should have recused himself from the whole process.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

100% right btb he should have
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

But he didn't. Its like trying to find an honest politician, so Ivote for the one, I feel will steal the least.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

90% of those who cared enough to write were against it. Undoubtedly the UBP had a lot to do with that. Not sure what your point is.What's important or ought to be isthat it didnt seem to matter enoughto any other groups to bother to voice their opinion and it didnt matter to the BOC what the results were among those who cared enough to voice an opinon. What REALLY stinks is that one board member will now reap finacial rewards as a direct result of full inclusion because he owns a shop that sells xbows. He should have recused himself from the whole process.

The point is I like to have an informed opinion rather than an uninformed one. That's why I'm looking to understand what's behind the BOC's decisions, and the motivation of others.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

The point is I like to have an informed opinion rather than an uninformed one. That's why I'm looking to understand what's behind the BOC's decisions, and the motivation of others.
fair enough
Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

But he didn't. Its like trying to find an honest politician, so Ivote for the one, I feel will steal the least.
Good point. Unfortunate, but true.

Quick Reply: Is the P.G.C. in suicide mode?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.