Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC WANTS USP MEMBER NAMES

Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC WANTS USP MEMBER NAMES

Three years ago,Ihad a guy contact me about hunting in 2G.In August of that year,him and his brother met me on a sunday.I took them around and showed them a bunch of spots on public dmap's property in both Clearfield andElk counties.Theymade the trip up from Lancasterseveral more times to scout.The first time they come up to hunt was the early muzzleloader and youth season.The two of them brought their 80 year old dad andthe one's son who just turned 12.They called me the last friday of that season to tell me they were just dragging out their dad's doe.I don't remeber if the boy ended up getting a deer but the two brothers each shot a doe.All the the deer they killed were within 100 yards of a township road.They were laughing about there being no deer.The next day,I went to a spot pretty close to where they'd been hunting.I was going to hunt until 9:00am and then meet two of my buddies at my truck.It turns out I shot a doe right off the bat and ended up missing them.When I pulled in to that spot that morning,no one was there.My two buddies got there around 8:30 just as a guy and his 12 year old were getting in their truck that was parked next to me.They got a kick out of how the guy did nothing but complain about how the pgc killed all the deer.That's right,they were in the woods for about an hour and determined that there weren't any deer.That kid probably hung it up by now.What else would you expect with such a good mentor and all.I didn't hunt that area again until the last friday of rifle season.I had another dmap tag and decided to take off a few hours of work because we got some fresh snow.I parked in the same spot and hunted where Ikilled that deer in october.I still hunted all that afternoon and never cut a fresh track.I'd made plans to hunt with a buddy the next morning but didn't have real high hopes.Once again,Iparked in the same spot but we split up and hunted the opposite side of the road where there's lot's of small laurel patches with an overstory of white oak.We did small one man drives to each other and we each saw over 20 deer with me harvesting my lastdeer of that season.That was the last day of the seasonon public property with easy access,fresh snow and within a 10 minute drive of the largest population center in this part of the state.Regardless,weheard no other shots that day and saw three guys in the woods.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

We all know if HR were left to you your gang, deer would out number trees and you still couldn't kill one.
You re just blowing smoke. Several years our group went six for six when it was one deer/year. One minute you complain about us shooting BB and the next you claim we can't kill deer. Make up your mind if you have one!!!
Who's the onethats so [&:]about not seeing any bucks after killing six fawns.

And besides that of all of the things I've lost in my life, my mind is the one I miss the most.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who's the one thats so about not seeing any bucks after killing six fawns.

And besides that of all of the things I've lost in my life, my mind is the one I miss the most.
I saw 12 buck in 2 days during archery and my wife missed a big 8 pt., but she got an 8 pt. last year. Try again.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

Three years ago,I had a guy contact me about hunting in 2G.In August of that year,him and his brother met me on a sunday.I took them around and showed them a bunch of spots on public dmap's property in both Clearfield andElk counties.They made the trip up from Lancaster several more times to scout.The first time they come up to hunt was the early muzzleloader and youth season.The two of them brought their 80 year old dad and the one's son who just turned 12.They called me the last friday of that season to tell me they were just dragging out their dad's doe.I don't remeber if the boy ended up getting a deer but the two brothers each shot a doe.All the the deer they killed were within 100 yards of a township road.They were laughing about there being no deer.The next day,I went to a spot pretty close to where they'd been hunting.I was going to hunt until 9:00am and then meet two of my buddies at my truck.It turns out I shot a doe right off the bat and ended up missing them.When I pulled in to that spot that morning,no one was there.My two buddies got there around 8:30 just as a guy and his 12 year old were getting in their truck that was parked next to me.They got a kick out of how the guy did nothing but complain about how the pgc killed all the deer.That's right,they were in the woods for about an hour and determined that there weren't any deer.That kid probably hung it up by now.What else would you expect with such a good mentor and all.I didn't hunt that area again until the last friday of rifle season.I had another dmap tag and decided to take off a few hours of work because we got some fresh snow. I parked in the same spot and hunted where I killed that deer in october.I still hunted all that afternoon and never cut a fresh track.I'd made plans to hunt with a buddy the next morning but didn't have real high hopes.Once again,I parked in the same spot but we split up and hunted the opposite side of the road where there's lot's of small laurel patches with an overstory of white oak.We did small one man drives to each other and we each saw over 20 deer with me harvesting my last deer of that season.That was the last day of the season on public property with easy access,fresh snow and within a 10 minute drive of the largest population center in this part of the state.Regardless,we heard no other shots that day and saw three guys in the woods.
Nice story ,but it doesn't mean squat. Hunters in 2G are harvesting all deer that are available to be harvested on a sustainable basis.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM

Bob,I don't brag about shooting alot of doe.I'm simply stating a fact that the hunting is not anywhere near as bad as guys claim it is.I also don't have alot of time to hunt.The only vacation day I took to hunt this year was the first day of rifle season.I was busy and couldn't even take a day off in bear season.I hunt saturdays and I may blow off one afternoon every couple of weeks in bow season.I have less time to hunt and scout than the majority of people.In fact,it's a rare saturday that I can hunt the entire day.

This year I killed 4 doe and a buckwhere I live.It's an overpopulated disaster and not nearly enough deer are getting harvested.I do all of my rifle hunting on publicland in 2G.I hunted the first day and first saturdayin Moshannon state forest.I could have killed legal bucks both days but ended up killing one doe.I saw a grand total of four hunters in those two days.I hunted Elk state forest on the last day.I saw another legal buck and harvested one of the eleven doe thatI saw.I didn't see another human or bootprint all day.Last year and the year befor it took me three days each year to kill my dmap tags on public land.Once again,I saw plenty of deer and almost no other hunters.You love to criticize me,yet you've never stepped foot anywhere near these places.If I CAN CONSISTANTLY FIND AND KILL DEER ON PUBLIC LAND,WITH MY VERY LIMITED TIME,ANYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it.I feel no guilt filling tags in areas that have either poor habitat or habitat that's just starting to recover.If I knew ofplace that had excellent habitat and few deer,I'd lay off the doe.So far,I've yet to see a place like that.

Shoot me your e'mail address and I'll send you a picture of a truck load of bucks taken in 2G on the last thursday of the season.I hear people griping from time to time butmost of the hunters I know that hunt around here aren't crying and complaining like some on hear.Most agree that there's certainly less deer but the guys I hunt with aren't feeling that their hunting experience has diminished.
For someone who didn't have time to scout or look for places to hunt how did you know those deer was there? Didnt you say you went on a lot of tours with the PGC and also for PennState for research? Yet you claim you never scouted or looked. Now that is horse pucky to say you didnt have time considering your involvement as much as you talk about knowing areas and your time spent afield. How did you know those deer was there if you didn't scout the area before? Let me take you to a place in 2G and say there ya go? Ok, just plain luck is all it was for them deer to be there without scouting. 100% luck is all it was from your statements of no scouting involved.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mlo31351270

If they are seeing enough deer to kill six, there is no shortage of deer where they are hunting. Think about it.
is killing last few in area, move to another ,proof that there is no shortage of deer.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: R2D2

Bob,I don't brag about shooting alot of doe.I'm simply stating a fact that the hunting is not anywhere near as bad as guys claim it is.I also don't have alot of time to hunt.The only vacation day I took to hunt this year was the first day of rifle season.I was busy and couldn't even take a day off in bear season.I hunt saturdays and I may blow off one afternoon every couple of weeks in bow season.I have less time to hunt and scout than the majority of people.In fact,it's a rare saturday that I can hunt the entire day.

This year I killed 4 doe and a buckwhere I live.It's an overpopulated disaster and not nearly enough deer are getting harvested.I do all of my rifle hunting on publicland in 2G.I hunted the first day and first saturdayin Moshannon state forest.I could have killed legal bucks both days but ended up killing one doe.I saw a grand total of four hunters in those two days.I hunted Elk state forest on the last day.I saw another legal buck and harvested one of the eleven doe thatI saw.I didn't see another human or bootprint all day.Last year and the year befor it took me three days each year to kill my dmap tags on public land.Once again,I saw plenty of deer and almost no other hunters.You love to criticize me,yet you've never stepped foot anywhere near these places.If I CAN CONSISTANTLY FIND AND KILL DEER ON PUBLIC LAND,WITH MY VERY LIMITED TIME,ANYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it.I feel no guilt filling tags in areas that have either poor habitat or habitat that's just starting to recover.If I knew ofplace that had excellent habitat and few deer,I'd lay off the doe.So far,I've yet to see a place like that.

Shoot me your e'mail address and I'll send you a picture of a truck load of bucks taken in 2G on the last thursday of the season.I hear people griping from time to time butmost of the hunters I know that hunt around here aren't crying and complaining like some on hear.Most agree that there's certainly less deer but the guys I hunt with aren't feeling that their hunting experience has diminished.
For someone who didn't have time to scout or look for places to hunt how did you know those deer was there? Didnt you say you went on a lot of tours with the PGC and also for PennState for research? Yet you claim you never scouted or looked. Now that is horse pucky to say you didnt have time considering your involvement as much as you talk about knowing areas and your time spent afield. How did you know those deer was there if you didn't scout the area before? Let me take you to a place in 2G and say there ya go? Ok, just plain luck is all it was for them deer to be there without scouting. 100% luck is all it was from your statements of no scouting involved.
Sure is a hoot to watch DougE talk outta both ends at the same time, hain't it?

Old 02-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes, he is HOOT!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Who's the onethats so about not seeing any bucks after killing six fawns.

I saw 12 buck in 2 days during archery and my wife missed a big 8 pt., but she got an 8 pt. last year. Try again.
Just a few days ago on page5 of this thread.....

But you forget that I also said I saw 6 buck in 2 days during archery so you can stuff your cheap shots where
the sun doesn't shine.
[align=right][/align][align=right](in reply to BTBowhunter) [/align]

WHOOPS!!!

The trouble with making up lies is that it's too easy toforget what you said from one day to the next. When you speak the truth there would only be the truth to remember. So which statement was a lie, 6 bucks or 12? Or were they both lies since we just started hearing about you seeing any bucks at all in just the past couple of weeks?

6?
12?
Neither???

I think the answer is behind door number 3.......
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm suprised you don't know the answer, he saw 6 different bucks and each of them twice. It's like when you passed on 10 or 12 backs, but neglected to say it's the same spiker you saw each day.

Do I have to teach you everything.

Quick Reply: PGC WANTS USP MEMBER NAMES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.