Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC WANTS USP MEMBER NAMES

Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC WANTS USP MEMBER NAMES

OUR club belongs to the PFSC and they never issued membership cards to our members.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

And any idiot would know that if the data was favorable to the PGC they would release it even if there was a lawsuit.
My, my, you are indeed painfully naive about how the legal process works.
Right or wrong, a smart plaintiff or defendent doesnt give out anything they arent ordered to give out when a suit is pending.

Not necessarily agreeing with the practice but it simply a fact of life in this litigous society.

The trained professional judges disagreed and dismissed the petition to compel. So, once again you are flat out wrong.
Aples and oranges again, what a surprise! The petition said nothing about numbers and the USP has put forth the claim that they represent Pennsylvania hunters. The number of Pennsylvania hunters they truly represent is certainly valid.

Funny how the term trained professional is one you run from when discussing deer management but yet one you invoke when talking about a court case.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Banned

"Any idiot knows when there's a lawsuit,the parties simply don't talk about it. Anyone who's ever been involved in any legal action would understand that. "

This isnt exactly a "conventional" lawsuit. If pgc would lose, they would not be damaged. Its not about money or putting the crooks in jail.

"What info did the PGC refuse to provide before this silly suit? "

When is the last time you've seen a herd estimate? Where is the buck antler growth data? WHere is the reproductive data that SUPPORTS the plan thusfar? I could write a list.

"As for the request for member numbers, I chased down the real numbers. USP has right around 2000 actual card carrying members but they claim as many as 30,000 members based on club affiliations. they only managed to secure 13,000 signatures for their petition a little bit more that 1% of all "

Doesnt matter to me is they only had ONE member.THEYarent being sued for the number of members.

"The USP claims to represent PA hunters, the number of their membership is very relevant in the case."

Actually the numbers arent. Itswell known that themajority of hunters think the reduction is uncalled for as been done. Thats not the subject of the lawsuit either. Im 100% against pgcs crooked dealings and some practices but they dont have my name on their list of members. I dont know one ups member, but I dont know one HUNTER that wouldnt force pgc to change things.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

OUR club belongs to the PFSC and they never issued membership cards to our members.
All I know is that the PFSC furnished them to our club. Maybe you need to speak to your club officers and ask about your card.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Banned

PFSC is a big part of the problems we are having. Their blind support of pgc and their little group being run by environmentalists. Any supposed hunting group that takes in nonhunting conservationists is a sham and nothing more than staged coordinated pgc yes-men.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

This isnt exactly a "conventional" lawsuit. If pgc would lose, they would not be damaged. Its not about money or putting the crooks in jail.
Thats about as silly a statement as you've ever made. The professional reputation and livelyhood of PA's management personnel has been put on the line.

When is the last time you've seen a herd estimate? Where is the buck antler growth data? I could write a list.
Uh, pretty much just before this frivilous suit began. You really need to check some facts before you post.

Actually the numbers arent. Itswell known that themajority of hunters think the reduction is uncalled for as been done. Thats not the subject of the lawsuit either. Im 100% against pgcs crooked dealings and some practices but they dont have my name on their list of members. I dont know one ups member, but I dont know one HUNTER that wouldnt force pgc to change things.
Dead nuts wrong bubba! Every study done shows that USP speaks only for a smallnoisy minority. If they represent a majority as they claim, where is the proof. Why hasnt the USP produced studies of their own? You have your warped opinion. Nothing more!

I dont know one ups member, but I dont know one HUNTER that wouldnt force pgc to change things.

LMFAOROTF!!! Not one? LOL, HA HA HA there're plenty here and hundreds on HPA! You know. That site that banned you that you're always crying about
Old 02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

My, my, you are indeed painfully naive about how the legal process works.
Right or wrong, a smart plaintiff or defendent doesnt give out anything they arent ordered to give out when a suit is pending.

Not necessarily agreeing with the practice but it simply a fact of life in this litigous society.
And you are painfully ignorant. The PGC released the data that shows the buck harvest decreased by 46%. they released the data that shows the breeding rates decreased by 5%. They released the data that shows the breeding window hasn't changed. And they released the data that shows the herd is still being reduced even though they claim they are keeping the herd stable.

Even rank amateur could present a good case against the PGC's plan, but I am not sure the USP will present the case based on PGC data and if they don't the may look pretty silly.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Banned

Thats about as silly a statement as you've ever made. The professional reputation and livelyhood of PA's management personnel has been put on the line.
So its a matter of wether the system works or not, but to them their reputation is more important?? Thats the stupidest thing YOUVE said. Their reputation is a pathetic joke these days unless you havent noticed! (LOL)[8D][8D] Not exactly like they would be fired either, if it was mandated that they make any change etc. SO that holds no water either.

Uh, pretty much just before this frivilous suit began. You really need to check some facts before you post.
I always have and will continue to do so. There are NO statewide herd estimates and the reason is deception and damage control. The antler growth data has never been shown to determine what effects the plan has had on antler growth. And you were well aware of that as well, but like the agency you defend to the end, you chose deceptive maneuvers instead of actually addressing the issue I presented.

Dead nuts wrong bubba! Every study done shows that USP speaks only for a smallnoisy minority. If they represent a majority as they claim, where is the proof.
Ask anyone not affiliated with pgc or audubon. Huge majority are against hr as is. Every internet poll has shown it as well. If Pgc would like to dispell the "myth" they are more than capable of having a legitimate open "scientific" poll asking the question. They know the answer, so choose wisely not to. Doesnt matter anyway. Hunter opinion has no room in their list of priorities.

And as I said, I dont know one usp member. That includes anyone on the environmentalist/pgc website you mention. I dont know many people on that site and none of them are usp that I do. I was also speaking of KNOWING any, not simply seeing some anonymous fool posting on a message board.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Banned

"And you are painfully ignorant."

Ha ha ha. Bluebird, need you ask?? Isnt it painfully obvious? He apparently hasnt learned that people with no knowledge of what they are speaking shouldnt be so vocal.They should listen more and talk less. By doing otherwise they always revert to insults and lying to cover their blatant lack of knowledge.

But thats never stopped him before, and I dont imagine it will in the future.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Even rank amateur could present a good case against the PGC's plan, but I am not sure the USP will present the case based on PGC data and if they don't the may look pretty silly.
Already starting the damage control eh? Probably a good strategy considering the flimsiness of the whole thing

Lets make a little list of what each side has.....

USP

No science

their opinions

weak membership numbers

A grass roots group from a very smal field that has
predicted the demise of the herd for decades
doe harvests for decades

Jim Slinsky (lol)

Newsweek and Lily Huang (lol)

The PGC has

Professional wildlifebiologists

The facts

Credible methodology supported by game agencies across the US

Support of every major hunting publication across the US

A majority of hunters who know it's not perfect but agree that game should be managed by the professionals

Gee I wonder who's gonna win

Quick Reply: PGC WANTS USP MEMBER NAMES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.