Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Intoducing a new hunter

Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Intoducing a new hunter

I envy you there BTB. You will have that memory forever. I only have one child,a daughter. She loves her fishing.I introduced her to guns at 8yrs. of age. She has helped me many times plucking turkeys,skinning & cleaning up my deer. She even accompanied me on a couple spring turkey hunts. I will never push her into the sport. But I do ask her every year,if she would like to try hunting.So far, I get the same answer, I love eating wild game,but I don't think I could kill them. But I do know,she fully understands what hunting is about. I know this by when her friends are over. They go downstairs and I hear one of her friends make a comment about my deer and turkey mounts. Boy does my daughter put them in their place! A maybe one day,she will say dad,I want to hunt?[/align]
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

My oldest is a girl. (well shes almost 28 now) and she was always my fishing buddy. I daresay, she'd outfish her two brothers most of the time. She also helped me as your does when I brought any game home.

But alas, she never had an interest in hunting. The oldest son seems to have drifted away a bit as well (the girlfriend has a lot to do with that right now) but the youngest (16) is still very interested in both hunting and fishing.

My daughter is in Phoenix now but whats really neat is when they came to visit last spring my 5 year old grandaughter came up and gave me a hug and asked if I would take her fishing where I used to take her mommy! I did and she caught a huge brown trout from a pool where a whole bunch of older boys were having no luck. One of the other greatest days of my life
Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah,those two legged "dear",can do that to a guy! But seriously,thanks for sharing that.Mine will be 20 in April.She is with us now while she is in college. The truth, I'm not looking forward to day she leaves.Guess you can't hold onto them forever.[/align]
Old 02-19-2009, 03:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

Yeah,those two legged "dear",can do that to a guy! But seriously,thanks for sharing that.Mine will be 20 in April.She is with us now while she is in college. The truth, I'm not looking forward to day she leaves.Guess you can't hold onto them forever.
[/align]
Don't worry, they never leave in their heart. they just live somewhere else. I'm betting she'll always be your fishin buddy just like mine still is.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

Yeah,those two legged "dear",can do that to a guy! But seriously,thanks for sharing that.Mine will be 20 in April.She is with us now while she is in college. The truth, I'm not looking forward to day she leaves.Guess you can't hold onto them forever.

[/align]
Don't worry, they never leave in their heart. they just live somewhere else. I'm betting she'll always be your fishin buddy just like mine still is.