Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Only option for the PGC now

Old 02-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Only option for the PGC now

The thought that I had, was why not use the county system but redefine the borders of the county to match nearby landmarks as you suggest?
That might work. One thing for sure. Any further realignment needs to be well thougtout in advance and it needs to be a one and done approach. Otherwise it would be mass confusion out there as zones change from year to year. I know guys who still cant get the current WMU's right
Old 02-07-2009, 04:42 AM

Are the WMUs working now as for the areas that the deer over browsed?
I mean are deer going to be there in large numbers where there are no food? Are you going to hunt those areas? NO to both answers. So it wouldn't really help with those deer over browsed area anyway. No deer there is no hunters there. The only thing smaller WMUs will do is lower the doe allocation tags to help lower the deer slaughter. That is why they are needed. Counties worked fine and as I said, Was county boundries that big of a deal with where it ended and began at? Was there a big problem with hunters not knowing where Jefferson county line was and Clearfield was? Come on now BTB, Most people who hunts in PA know where the boundries are. They knew before the WMUs came into play. How long was county tags issued before WMUs? You hunters are not that stupid now are you all?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

You asked and answered your own question all within your own post.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

You asked and answered your own question all within your own post.
DMAP tags don't have rivers and highways for borders. If County lines worked for all these years without GPS units, they certainly would work now.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is the border between PA and NY clearly marked?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll say it again for all three of you because you are either to stupid to think for yourselves or in the case of Bluebabble ande Coalcrapper, you simply feel the inherent need to start another unnecessary trivial battle.

The point about man made boundaries is only minor as it relatesto law enforcement and whcih zone your in. The primary point is that county lines are also ineffective in delineating between habitat and topographytypes. The only real reason to consider smaller WMU's would be to better micro-manage the wildlife within it's habitat. County lines were created many years ago and have no relevance in seperating differing habitats. Many roads, would so exactly that. Road placement isvery often a direct result of the topography and would ofetn serve better as the line between differing habitats.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The point about man made boundaries is only minor as it relatesto law enforcement and whcih zone your in. The primary point is that county lines are also ineffective in delineating between habitat and topography types.
The PGC isn't really managing the herd based on the habitat anyway , so it doesn't really matter how the state is divided into WMUs.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

The point about man made boundaries is only minor as it relatesto law enforcement and whcih zone your in. The primary point is that county lines are also ineffective in delineating between habitat and topographytypes.
The PGC isn't really managing the herd based on the habitat anyway , so it doesn't really matter how the state is divided into WMUs.

Just another purely negative post from BB with zero positve ideas or suggestions
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

The point about man made boundaries is only minor as it relatesto law enforcement and whcih zone your in. The primary point is that county lines are also ineffective in delineating between habitat and topographytypes.

Just another purely negative post from BB with zero positve ideas or suggestions
Regional offices and WCO are by County,if WMU's were so great, they would change that to their own system, unless they have no faith in what they created, Crapperhead.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suggest you find something else to complain about. May I also suggest that the PGC manage the herd based on the true carrying capacity of the habitat ,rather than on it's ability to regenerate commercially valuable trees.

Quick Reply: Only option for the PGC now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.