Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

What it does mean is that things arent as bad as a vocal few here would make it out to be.

Sorry, but if anyone is supposed to believe that there is acceptance among hunters in the state the nation knows as the deer wars state, the state that had double the nations rate of hunter decline from 2001-2006, and the state where pgc is being sued, and had government intervention preventing fee increase, not to mention pgc personelll needing BULLET PROOF VESTS! (LOL),the state with highest hunterdisatisfaction in the nation.....
Gary Alt wore a vest due to some extremist whack jobs giving death threats. WCO's/DWCO's wear them because of the nature of the job.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

All of this is nothing more than desperate rationalizing and nitpicking of an independent survey conducted by a company that does these things all over the country.

Hunters had two choices for satisfied and two choices for not satisfied. Satisfied won by a huge margin. Does that mean all is perfect? Of course not. What it does mean is that things arent as bad as a vocal few here would make it out to be.

BTW, by their own admission, this forum has become a refuge for a handful extremists who admit to having been banned for their extremism on other sites. At least a few of that small group have multiple aliases that could vote more than once in these polls.A couple dozen responsesfromthis sitedoesnt mean much and it is truly laughable that the same few extremeists try their best to pick apart an independent survey of considerably larger sizewhile theycite a few dozen responses from a skewed group as "real results"
I take it you would like to see anyonethat complains about the PGC, should be banned from this site.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

What are you going to say when he comes up with a crossbow vote, that shows 70 some percent of bow hunters wanted them?
Kind of a silly question since that hasn't happened. BTW, RSB hasaddressed the crossbow issue with as much surprise as the rest of us.
I'm sure whatever he said you took as gospel. Have you kissed a tree today?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

All of this is nothing more than desperate rationalizing and nitpicking of an independent survey conducted by a company that does these things all over the country.

Hunters had two choices for satisfied and two choices for not satisfied. Satisfied won by a huge margin. Does that mean all is perfect? Of course not. What it does mean is that things arent as bad as a vocal few here would make it out to be.

BTW, by their own admission, this forum has become a refuge for a handful extremists who admit to having been banned for their extremism on other sites. At least a few of that small group have multiple aliases that could vote more than once in these polls.A couple dozen responsesfromthis sitedoesnt mean much and it is truly laughable that the same few extremeists try their best to pick apart an independent survey of considerably larger sizewhile theycite a few dozen responses from a skewed group as "real results"
I take it you would like to see anyonethat complains about the PGC, should be banned from this site.
Not at all. Other sites have disagreements about PGC policies going on all the time. The difference here is thata handful of PGC haters who can't play well with others have found this site after getting banned elsewhere.

Every thread about PA, no matter wht the original subject, getshijacked by the same few and turns into yet another nasty flame war. Those samw few even hijack other states threads fromtime to time.

A perfect example is a thread about CWD started just this morning.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Banned

"Gary Alt wore a vest due to some extremist whack jobs giving death threats. WCO's/DWCO's wear them because of the nature of the job."

I agree. Death threats arecompletely out of line. But it only showsour current state ofaffairs and huge level of dissatisfaction.
Its also understandable that wcos wear them, and I think yoiu knowwho I meant.

"I take it you would like to see anyonethat complains about the PGC, should be banned from this site."

Exactly that is the mantra over on hpa. Also, btb speaks of peoplebeing banned and know exactly why. Due to anti-deer plan sentiment. The "site" over there is famous for it.

As for "not playing well with others" all youneeddo, is punch on his profle and add up all the insults, smut and other argumentary posts and see thatit is the pot calling thekettleblack. He resorts to childish nonsense when people are making points, as a distraction. Then when they retaliate, he cries foul. Typical pgc supporter tactics employed by the same handful on every board on the internet.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Not at all. Other sites have disagreements about PGC policies going on all the time. The difference here is thata handful of PGC haters who can't play well with others have found this site after getting banned elsewhere.

Every thread about PA, no matter wht the original subject, getshijacked by the same few and turns into yet another nasty flame war. Those samw few even hijack other states threads fromtime to time.

A perfect example is a thread about CWD started just this morning.
But in your view, attacking the poster, rather than debating the subject, isn't hijacking?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

we spoke at bucktail high school and we were BOOED by the majority, yes, we were MINIORITY at least on BOOS..

majority was farmers, loggers, dcnr,pgc,audobon, private landowners who sell wood and the PGC/DCNR WANNABEES.

even our members cowardly snuck out the rear door as we spoke about the over harvest of doe/fawns in wmu2g.

deep down, they did not want to offend the WANNABEES,so they got YELLOW, their TRUE color.

but out in street where they are not seen, those COWARDS are against the HR that went to far in some counties in WMU2G.

in front of POWER ,yes, hunters are MINORITY a lot will act COWARDLY or want to be A GOOD OLE BOY TO POWER.

but away from it, they will be MAJORITY.

sorry i got off the crossbow
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I figure after archery season next year there should be some great buys on used X-Bows,once some of these guys realize this is not as handy of a tool as once thought.[:-]
Old 02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

But in your view, attacking the poster, rather than debating the subject, isn't hijacking?
Kind of ironic coming from you isn't it? Was the recent attack on Bawanajim the kind of thing you're talking about? I beleive you jumped right in on that one didn't you? And when the attacks wereproven to be completely off base, no retraction or apologies were forthcoming.

Have I attacked you? I guess attacking an admitted act of poaching counts there so I guess I plead guilty . The difference was my attack had a basis in fact and the illegal act was confirmed by you several times.
Admit to something else just asbad and I'll attack the act and the actor just as vehemently.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

I figure after archery season next year there should be some great buys on used X-Bows,once some of these guys realize this is not as handy of a tool as once thought.[:-]
I think you could be right. The type looking for a shortcut will likely be disappointed.

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.