Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

So answer the questions that I asked. I didn't make assumptions, just asked questions.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

So answer the questions that I asked. I didn't make assumptions, just asked questions.
Click this link and you'll find the answers to those questions and more

http://www.responsivemanagement.com/download/reports/PAGameCommHuntervol1.pdf

Let us know what you find out
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Click this link and you'll find the answers to those questions and more

http://www.responsivemanagement.com/download/reports/PAGameCommHuntervol1.pdf

Let us know what you find out
Translation: You don't have an answer.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Hunters’ overall satisfaction with hunting in Pennsylvania is quite positive: 79% were very
or somewhat satisfied with their hunting experiences in Pennsylvania over the past 2 years

In this survey, what percentage were very satisfied and what percentage were somewhat satisfied? The text above the numbers says percentage. The numbers for each species add up to more than 100. Am I missing something? How many responded to the survey? And no, I didn't read all 345 pages of the report.

How was their hunting experiencesatisfaction measured? Amount of game harvested? Game seen? Comraderie? Amount of land available to hunt? Other factors?

First of all the survey was not conducted by the Game Commission, it was conducted by Responsive Management who do surveys of all kinds of things all over the nation. It was also a survey that polled various citizens of the Commonwealth.

It also appears that some people either didn’t understand how the data was formatted or once again simply misrepresenting what the data showed. So I will put the data in a more simplistic form for those that couldn’t understand it.

Part of the poll was species specific and here are the hunting/trapping satisfaction rates by species. Percentages don’t add up to 100% most likely because of some people not responding or havingno comment on that species.

Species………………Very-Somewhat satisfied……………………Somewhat -Very dissatisfied
Whitetail deer………………..70 %………………………………............. ...24 %
Wild turkey…………………..90 %………………………………............. ... 6 %
Black bear……………………81 %………………………………............. ....8 %
Cottontail rabbit……………..65 %………………………………............. ....24 %
Snowshoe hare………………53 %………………………………............. ....41 %
Squirrel………………………90 %………………………………............. .....4 %
Ruffed grouse……………….66 %………………………………............. .....26 %
Bobwhite quail………………67 %………………………………............. ....22 %
Pheasant……………………..57 %………………………………............. ....34 %
Woodchuck………………….87 %………………………………............. ......7 %
Crow…………………………94 %………………………………............. ......2 %
Fox…………………………..85 %………………………………............. .......5 %
Coyote……………………….87 %………………………………............. .......4 %
Mink…………………………86 %………………………………............. .......5 %
Beaver……………………….80 %………………………………............. ......10 %

For deer 32 % were very satisfied while 10 % were very dissatisfied.

The bottom line is that this independently and scientifically conducted poll done by professional pollsters showed that only 24% of the hunters indicted they were even somewhat dissatisfied with their deer hunting experiences. That doesn’t seem to fit this nonsense about the majority of the hunters being dissatisfied. Of course there might be some more recent polls that would show some change in that result.

As I said previously I will see if I can find a more recent survey or poll. I do know that the last data I have seen shows an increase in support from a poll take before or early in the antler restrictions to the a more recent poll. I don’t know that poll included anything more then about antler restrictions or not but I will see what I can find when I get the time.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

RSB, here is the text and numbers that I questioned. What do the numbers represent?

Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction with Hunting and/or Trapping for Various Species in
Pennsylvania
Species Percent Very
Satisfied
Percent Very
or Somewhat
Satisfied
Percent Very
Dissatisfied
Percent
Somewhat or
Very
Dissatisfied

whitetail deer 32 70 10 24
elk* NA NA NA NA
wild turkey 56 90 2 6
black bear 42 81 3 8
cottontail rabbit 32 65 11 24
snowshoe hare 29 53 18 41
squirrel 59 90 1 4
ruffed grouse 22 66 7 26
bobwhite quail 18 67 9 22
pheasant 19 57 17 34
woodchuck 60 87 2 7
crow 61 94 0 2
fox 49 85 1 5
coyote 44 87 2 4
mink 57 86 0 5
beaver 65 80 5 10

Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Somewhat satisfied doesnt mean completely satisfied. The fact that rsb combined the "somewhat" and very satisfied to gain a higher level than the 34% is nothing but deception.

The poll is completely useless having been taken using very selective question pgc no doubt structured. It also asked a very tiny percentage. Pgc has the capability to ask anyone who would want to give an opinion. They wisely choose not to. It would be VERY damaging for them to do so, as any nonbiased open to anyone polls indicate.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Somewhat satisfied doesnt mean completely satisfied. The fact that rsb combined the "somewhat" and very satisfied to gain a higher level than the 34% is nothing but deception.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Somewhat is a very subjective word.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Banned

Yes. And as I said, if you compare to other states satisfaction poll and compare apples to apples, like minnesota and the rating of VERY SATISFIED compared to Pas rating of the same....Minnesotas is OVER DOUBLE. With over 75% Compared to 32%.

I could say that I were "somewhat satisfied". Im not against some things. Just the extreme hr. That doesnt mean I dont believe changes are ABSOLUTELY necessary.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Banned

Id say these results are more accurate by far. Anyone couldve voted who wished to. Also, if anything, the number of wcos etc. voting percentagewise are higher and actually improve the results for pgc, so the results probably support pgc even less than they show than they would if speaking strictly of "hunters" .http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3259864

Around 69 to 80% against on several polls within the thread, from SEVERAL websites.

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.