Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What to do with the crossbows.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What to do with the crossbows.

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

You havent liked what people have been telling the legislators.

Oh how I wish the Legislature would learn what the real majority of the hunters want instead of just hearing from a small MINORITY of disgruntled radicals. If the real hunters of this state would stand up and be heard you and your ilk would have to find a good hiding spot.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

ORIGINAL: the outsider

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

ORIGINAL: the outsider

In those general fund states the license fees just help augment the tax dollars being used for wildlife management. But, hey hunters in this state are afraid of that type of funding. I guess Pennsylvania hunters don’t trust their politicians enough to allow tax dollars being used in wildlife management like occurs in all those other states.

R.S. Bodenhorn

What does this mean? Do we, as hunters have some control overwhere the funds come from?
Yes, Tax payers have a big say so in this. It is their money and if they want re-elected they better listen to the tax payers. Besides that.Isn't there a little box you check if you want to donate a dollar to wildlife on the income tax return? That should tell you if the PA residents wants to fund the wild life program.
So we can tell them we want wildlife management to come from the general fund and it will happen? And we can elect the BOC?
That isn’t the way it is now but that could happen if the State Legislature where to make those changes in the laws that structure the Game Commission.

If enough people demanded that change, a Legislator drafted the Bill and then if enough Legislators voted favorably just about anything could happen.

As hunters we have to figure out what would result in good changes and what would be harmful for the future of our resources. We then need to do our part to let the State Legislature know our views and why we think it would be better. Some people though seem to just use the Legislature to make unreasonable demands that are more intended to do harm then good.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Well, apparently our voice means diddly because it sounded like there was more opposition to crossbow use during archery than those who wanted it. I'll be buying a crossbow this year, as I planned to do whether the law changed or not. Three years ago I had both shoulders rebuilt and I had 5 vertabrae fused and bolted together, all within a ten month period.It doesn't stop me from climbing the steep mountains of northcentral pa, but I can't repetitively pull a bow back to practice and become proficient. Drawing a bow puts torsion on my upper body. One pull is painful, and the pain doesn't go away.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

Youre a liar RSB. Plain and simple.You know as well as I do that the huge majority of hunters are not happy with the particulars of this deer sham. Especially the extent of hr in many if not most areas and the wmu sizes etc. I also know that you know as well as I do that people who matter view many of these boards, and admitting that most are far from happy is not the way to help your cause.

You only hurt yourself though, because your damage control efforts are so far over the top you probably should beforbiddenfrom speaking on the issue on the internetfrom your employer as you only serve to hurt their credibility. And as low as it is to begin with that is really saying something.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

RE: What to do with the crossbows. - 2/6/2009 9:15:21 PM

showPicture("2/6/2009 8:15:21 PM",0,0,0,3321098,30)

Cornelius08

titleAndStar(601,0,false,false,"","")
Shooter Buck

[align=center][/align]
Youre a liar RSB. Plain and simple.You know as well as I do that the huge majority of hunters are not happy with the particulars of this deer sham. Especially the extent of hr in many if not most areas and the wmu sizes etc. I also know that you know as well as I do that people who matter view many of these boards, and admitting that most are far from happy is not the way to help your cause.

You only hurt yourself though, because your damage control efforts are so far over the top you probably should beforbiddenfrom speaking on the issue on the internetfrom your employer as you only serve to hurt their credibility. And as low as it is to begin with that is really saying something. [align=right]
(in reply to R.S.B.) [/align]

Report | Post #: 93

RE: What to do with the crossbows. - 2/6/2009 9:15:49 PM

showPicture("2/6/2009 8:15:49 PM",0,0,0,3321098,30)

Cornelius08

titleAndStar(601,0,false,false,"","")
Shooter Buck

[align=center][/align]

You only hurt yourself though, because your damage control efforts are so far over the top you probably should beforbiddenfrom speaking on the issue on the internetfrom your employer as you only serve to hurt their credibility. And as low as it is to begin with that is really saying something.
Posting it twice doesn't make it so any more than yelling.

You sure are quick to call everyone else a liar while you run from your own lies[:'(]
Old 02-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned

I didnt mean to post twice, the posting feature was sticking on me.

Unlike you I dont lie.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Has any one looked in the ramifications of making Xbows legal to convicted felons that are prohibited from owning fire arms?

First X bows,now baiting soon it will be legal to sell your deer to someone to inept to kill their own I really don't like the road were heading down.[:@]
Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Has any one looked in the ramifications of making Xbows legal to convicted felons that are prohibited from owning fire arms?

First X bows,now baiting soon it will be legal to sell your deer to someone to inept to kill their own I really don't like the road were heading down.[:@]
That would improve the chances of BB occasionally having some venison in his freezer
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

You havent liked what people have been telling the legislators.

Oh how I wish the Legislature would learn what the real majority of the hunters want instead of just hearing from a small MINORITY of disgruntled radicals. If the real hunters of this state would stand up and be heard you and your ilk would have to find a good hiding spot.

R.S. Bodenhorn
rsb, real hunters ,sportsmen are speaking up,they dont like what they see.

now, on to others, they are not majority.

most i know are PGC/DCNR WANNABEES,i dont say that with insult to the you or any employye of the 2.

but i have seen it for 47 years.

most want a POSITION with something,we used to call them BROWNOSERS.or FILL THE FREEZER.

THEY ARE TRYING TO GET IN SOMEWHERE OR ADVANCE THEMSELVES.

we had meeting a few years ago at lock haven university.

i think 800 were there.

almost all were against the HR but are same ones that pulled trigger,have to get doe before i do[:@]

only ones backing the PGC were people who were pushing their agenda.

even our club president was crying, PLEASE MR. COMMISSIONER LET KIDS KILL THE BUCKS AND DOE,PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

he has agenda, TO FILL HIS FREEZER AND THAT WAS ONE WAY TO DO IT.

i see these people in almost everything i get involved in.

hey, i saw it at work too.

they would offer ole sproul something to keep me shut up.

i did not take it but others stood in line to sneak off with their 10 PIECES OF SILVER.

thats why when you hear me, its what i see no matter if i look bad or dont GO UP LADDER or said ,OLE SPROUL IS GOOD OLE BOY.

no, sproul is telling what he sees and what was.

if i am wrong, i admit but i never be a BROWNY trying to get ahead.

heck, the USPdoes not like everything i say also,but i say it when i could be a GOOD OLE SPROUL IS GOOD OLE BOY.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

Actually any real facts of all the Pennsylvania hunter satisfaction surveys I can find say that the majority of the hunters are not as unhappy as some of you seem to think the are.

This the first report of Pennsylvania hunter satisfaction I came upon. It shows high hunter satisfaction from the Pennsylvania hunters.

When I get time I will see if I can find a more recent independently done hunter satisfaction survey.

SATISFACTION WITH HUNTING IN PENNSYLVANIA

Ø
Hunters’ overall satisfaction with hunting in Pennsylvania is quite positive: 79% were very
or somewhat satisfied with their hunting experiences in Pennsylvania over the past 2 years;
only 10% were dissatisfied.

Ø
In general, satisfaction was high for hunting/trapping various species in Pennsylvania—a
majority for each species (except elk, discussed below). The highest satisfaction was for
hunting/trapping crow, wild turkey, squirrel, woodchuck, coyote, mink, and fox. The lowest
satisfaction/greatest dissatisfaction was for hunting/trapping snowshoe hare and pheasant.

·
Regarding elk hunting, which only 4 respondents had done, 1 was satisfied, 2 were
dissatisfied, and 1 answered, “Don’t know.”

Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction with Hunting and/or Trapping for Various Species in
Pennsylvania
Species Percent Very
Satisfied
Percent Very
or Somewhat
Satisfied
Percent Very
Dissatisfied
Percent
Somewhat or
Very
Dissatisfied

whitetail deer 32 70 10 24
elk* NA NA NA NA
wild turkey 56 90 2 6
black bear 42 81 3 8
cottontail rabbit 32 65 11 24
snowshoe hare 29 53 18 41
squirrel 59 90 1 4
ruffed grouse 22 66 7 26
bobwhite quail 18 67 9 22
pheasant 19 57 17 34
woodchuck 60 87 2 7
crow 61 94 0 2
fox 49 85 1 5
coyote 44 87 2 4
mink 57 86 0 5
beaver 65 80 5 10

*The sample size was too small (4 respondents) to discuss percentages.

Ø
The top factor that took away from respondents’ enjoyment of hunting in Pennsylvania is
beyond the control of the Pennsylvania Game Commission: work obligations. However,
other important factors include lack of game, people violating game laws and poor behavior

Here is the link to the entire report. It is pretty large with over 300 pages.

http://www.responsivemanagement.com/download/reports/PAGameCommHuntervol1.pdf

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 02-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

Im talking REAL WORLD rsb, not a rediculous array of cleverly worded questions asked to a handful of pgc yesmen. Pgc doesnt want to know the results thats why I, anyone i know or anyone on ANY of these boards or anyone they know (LOL) have ever taken part in any hunter satisfaction survey.

And it was only 30 some percent in your little rediculous survey that was VERY satisfied, and compared to other states thats rediculously low. Minnesota for example has over 75% VERY SATISFIED.

The disatisfaction in Pais higher than any state in the nation, and that fact is WELL KNOWN across the nation. Thats based on the fact other states arent going through cleverly named "deer wars".(LOL)

But you know this. More pathetic pgc damage control. Want REAL results of polls? More unbiased than the rediculousness you cite? I'll post but a few.

Quick Reply: What to do with the crossbows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.