Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

There is currently word that legislators are leaning towards granting a license fee increase with or without the audit. I dont know if its the results of back room dealings over the crossgun issue or other, but this is absolutely not good in the least.

Pgc is currently on the cusp of HAVING to make changes due to the financial situation which is a very good thing. Legislators have stood firm until now, and there was no reason for that to change seeing as nothing at all of substance has changed on the pgc end.

If you support the pgc treehugging deer plan. DO nothing or voice your support, whatever....

If you are opposed to the rediculousness of it all, please contact our house fish and game committee members and tell them HELL NO! to money without change.

Worst part is, we were promised this would NOT go through unless an audit took place and the results were adhered to by pgc.

Anyway, here are the emails, let these guys know what you think.
Do nothing, and pgc stays the course...or worse...and dont whine later.[:'(]

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Old 02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

emails sent
Old 02-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I sent them as well.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Cornelius, Sending my show of support!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Nah, it's all Surra's fault.

He toed the line with the "ain't no deer" mantra and bullied the game commission for years, to the cheers of folks like you. Thenhe got his keister kicked out of office by his constituents and landed a plum jobwith the otherBig Bogeyman,DCNR, promoting another program the conspiracy folks also ranted about: PA Wilds.

Nowhis former bretheren on the HG&F committeehave seen the light.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I paidplenty to hunt game and pursue furtakers in Pa this past season. That's enough. Times are tough for all of us. Emails sent. Thanks Cornelius.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

I paidplenty to hunt game and pursue furtakers in Pa this past season. That's enough. Times are tough for all of us. Emails sent. Thanks Cornelius.
Sure times are tough. But lets get a perspective here.....

With all the possible licenses and stamps and even with a few doe tags and DMAPS thrown in, I still didn't spend the price of one decentseat at amajor league hockey or football game. Foraround $100 I get to hunt a potential365 days for something. We have a good population and the biggest black bears in North America, very gooddeer hunting, very good turkey hunting, fairupland small game hunting, fair grouse hunting, terrific squirrel hunting, good predator and varmint hunting,very good trapping opportunities and more public land than most eastern states to do it on and better access to private land at no cost than most other states as well.No matter what you think of the deer program, we are getting a bargain and this idea of financial blackmail to get more deer aint gonna work and might well cause the PGC to have to take outside money and that will let the ecoweenies and non hunting interests in even further than theymay be now.

To those who are against a license increase it's time to wake upand not threaten to amputate your arm because your finger is infected.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Denny, Surras losing has zero to do with the few eco-clown environmentalists voting him out.

The enviro-quacks havent got the numbers of the power. A bunch of extremist flakes that like toflap their gums. If they had the ability, they'd have voted out Stabeck and several others YEARS ago. They may control the boc, but they dont have close to enough clout to vote in or out the legislators across the state.

IF pgc recieves this funding, it will obviously be a result of direct backroom dealings of pgc and a few legislators that were catered to with the crossgun vote or other dirty compromising.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Banned

BTB, at that hockey or other game, you get what you pay for, you know what you should be getting for your money and you dont get to watch 1/3 of the game.

Its not about hard times for me, Im far from rich, but I could afford alot more than Im paying now for a license, but why on earth would anyone want to when they arent doing an appropriate job?? Im not simply paying they so I can hunt.... I and all of us, are paying them to MANAGE THE WILDLIFE INCLUDING GAME ANIMALS responsibly and in the best way possible. That is VERY far from our current situation, and if I am to pay more, I want assurance things wont stay exactly as is or worse, digress.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cornelius we probably could go on and on and never agree on much of the deer program. IMHO the deer program isn't going to get changed based on whether or not a fee increase is granted.

Lets set our differences on deer numbers aside for a minute. If we assume for a moment that the ecoweenies and commercial interests have as much influence as you claim, a failure to increase license fees would just accelerate the need to take money from the non hunting public.
With that will undoubtedly come the demands formore cloutfrom commercial, non hunting, andworse yet, anti hunting interests!

How can huntersexpect to gain influence by turning our backs? By fighting an increase on the grounds of the deer program, We're setting ourself up forother interests to gain even more ground.

I'm sure the anti's are just watching and salivating over this whole USP suit, license fee blackmail, huge division of hunters in Pa. They are waiting in the wings to jump in and take over and we'll be handing them all the bullets they need to win their war against us. Divide and conquer is an old strategy but it always works when the divded fail to see the bigger picture.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.