Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I didnt say go back the way things were.

Wanting extremists out of management and responsible management similar to what many other states have and we should only expectis the exact opposite of the extreme position you speak of of no speed limits.

If we were to compare appropriateness of speedlimits to herd, and you insinuate 100 mph is equal to mismanagement of overpopulation, Than our current herd is equal to 15 mph. Causing nothing but a logjam and not getting ANYWHERE.

Want 55 mph and smooth sailing? Get pgc to responsibly manage the herd.
i do agree extremist need to go and responsible managment is key

55 no i want 100 mph speed limits and wont pay anything more than
i have been to dmv till i get 100mph
thats makes no sence and dmv would simply take my licence and not allow me to drive right
Old 02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

Your irrational.[8D]

Responsible management should be expected.

Rediculous extreme speed limits shouldnt.

Also noone, but pgc, is saying it has to be EXACTLY a certain way. And thats far from true and totally unacceptable.

If a rogue unanswering agency dictated we have 100 mph just because it would benefit their friends the auto wreckers and emercy hospital, people would complain and do anything in their power to prevent it.(LOL)

Comparing your rediculous irrational scenario to reality, That is what is occurring. People have demanded legislators listen and act. Don't like it? That donation link will work for you also.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also better pgc hunter relations is ESSENTIAL to responsible management. Better communication, more open to reasonable input.
More true words couldn't be spoken. Like I said, it's obvious thatthe deer management plan, or lack there of, beingexecuted (or not)by the PGCleaves MUCH to be desired. I still say thatwe need county specific (I really believe this)management/antlerless quota's like we used to have before WMU's were born. Doesn't everyoneagree that WMU's came about as a result of cost cutting? The commission said it would be easier/cheaper to manage this way. So, perhaps with a license increase (yea, I know) they could affordto go back to the way it was before the decimation ofdeer in some area's. Or,should I be accused of having visions of grandeur?[8D]
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your irrational.[8D]

Responsible management should be expected.

Rediculous extreme speed limits shouldnt.

Also noone, but pgc, is saying it has to be EXACTLY a certain way. And thats far from true and totally unacceptable.

If a rogue unanswering agency dictated we have 100 mph just because it would benefit their friends the auto wreckers and emercy hospital, people would complain and do anything in their power to prevent it.(LOL)

Comparing your rediculous irrational scenario to reality, That is what is occurring. People have demanded legislators listen and act. Don't like it? That donation link will work for you also.
PGC probaly thinks your irrational hopefully they think they are doing
responsible managment
maybe 100 mph is extreme to you but not to others maybe now you can see how others feel about your thoughts

AS for your donation link put where your management skills are
Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

"PGC probaly thinks your irrational"

So does Audubon society and Peta.

"maybe 100 mph is extreme to you but not to others maybe now you can see how others feel about your thoughts"

If they do, then that says alot about them. Middle of the road views arent extreme.Extreme organizations get sued and have legislative intervention. Extreme views cause hunternumbers to drop at over the double average from 2001 to 2006. Extreme views have no data to back extreme measures.

"AS for your donation link put where your management skills are"

I guess you are a hypocrit. Figures. Want everyone else to payfor YOURviews.

Sorry, but if the nice polite kid down theroad washes your car and charges $10.Thenone day, he washes half the car,cracks the windshield and urinates on your seat, I doubt your gonna reach foryour little man-purse when he looks you in the eye and says THAT'll be $20 this time, and from now on old man!

Thats what has become of our relationship with pgc. Fraudulent scamartist tree hugging buffoons looking for a handout to further an extremist agenda.

No responsible management = No money
Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

atleast you know where your managment plan is

for ins reasons the kid down the road cannot work for me
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

"atleast you know where your managment plan is "

Yes, about 3 steps above pgcs and yours.

"for ins reasons the kid down the road cannot work for me "

Since we are drawing the correlation beteen him and pgc, Try and stop him. You can sue, you can petition the legislators...but hes coming with the bucket and you'll pay wether you like it or not.(LOL)

I also think other issues that should be considered with approving or not approving funding would be waiting to see results of the audit we were promised. Also a VERY close look taken at who is put into the 3 commissioner seats. If econuts are once again the majority on the board, legislative action of some sort should be in the works asap.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think the audit will be a good thing
Old 02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Banned

"Doesn't everyoneagree that WMU's came about as a result of cost cutting?"

No.At the time their finances were in much bettershape. The reason for the larger wmus wasso doe tags could be used more effectively in reducing the herd and more could be sold by not limiting their area of use so much. Pgchas stated at several meetings since that they have no interest in going to smaller wmus. Straight from Rosenberry himself. And that is money or no money. All smaller wmus would accomplish would be to allow more deer where they could be had, and alleviating complete and total blanket reduction. Unfortunately that isnt a concern or priorty of pgcs, and without arm twisting, it likely never will be.

"So, perhaps with a license increase (yea, I know) they could affordto go back to the way it was before the decimation ofdeer in some area's. Or,should I be accused of having visions of grandeur?"

Ive followed pgcs position on these issues closely for years. Pgc has no plans of going to smaller wmus if they gain funding.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

Bowtruck, it can be. Initially we were told by legislators that for pgc to get a fee increase, hunter satisfaction would need to improve. They said that if the audit results were adhered to by pgc theyd work out the funding.

Now if thats the case, I could probably support it. You have to remember though, there is no way that pgc can be forced to go along with recommendations that a audit may introduce. Then the only way to "force" change is legislatively, and certainly not by paying pgc more.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.