Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Old 02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

Default RE: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

"Much of it paid for by the hunter dollar, not all of it. Do you think people are asked if they're hunters or not befor they are allowed tostep foot on state/federal land?"

I said nothing about federal land. Pa game lands are not federal land.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

And I'm telling you the deer hunting sucks here in PA.

I'd gladly give up getting deer like this, to have things the way it use to be and to enjoy it with my kids.

My kids don't want to hunt anymore because they don't see very many deer.

Many guys are like me. They see what's going on. Some don't care if they see anything and will pay any price for that. Not me!

If you were paying for a guided elk hunt and your guide didn't seem to mind if you got one, would you be happy with that hunt? If the guide spent his time pointing out trees and birds, and ignoring bugles on the next ridge,would you be OK with that.

When you booked your next elk hunt, would you go with that outfit or one that had higher success rates.

What's it all about now?
No Charles, deer hunting doesn't "suck" everywhere in this state! Yes, it has gone waaay down hill in many regions, I agree! But there are many area's that still have good deer hunting in Pa. I'm sorry that you don't have it where you hunt/live. Don't get me wrong, IDO go to Alberta in hopes (even up there it's not a guarantee)of getting a buck of the size that just doesn't exist here in Pa. In four years of trying to do this I've "seen" more huge bucks up there than I've seen in 35 years of hunting in Pa. Even though I haven't killed the "big one" up there yet (no fault of the guide), and God knows I've spent some serious cash trying, I still enjoy just the hunt itself.
I started deer hunting in the 70's up in Bradford Co when there used to be tons of deer up there. Thare still wern't a lot of bucks though.The B/D ratio was still out of whack. Now, since the antlerless season has gone concurrent with buck season (instead of the 2 day season we used to have), their numbers are waaay down, and this is the situation in MANY regions of Pa. But, not in ALL of Pa. I think that it's a regionalissue that needs the attention.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think btb gave the right answer
Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"Much of it paid for by the hunter dollar, not all of it. Do you think people are asked if they're hunters or not befor they are allowed tostep foot on state/federal land?"

I said nothing about federal land. Pa game lands are not federal land.

Sorry, forget the federal land part. Everything else still applies.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

And I think you and BTB are wrong. So what does that prove?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

And I think you and BTB are wrong. So what does that prove?
Absolutely nothing! Let's hear what you have to say, as per usual.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

"I think that it's a regionalissue that needs the attention. "

We didnt get a reasonable regional solution. We got largescale statewide herd slaughter.

Bowtruck, hes way off. Hes either trying unsubstantiated scare tactics himself or hes fallen for them which have been initiated by pgc and their volunteer support system of message board media damage control. Noones coming in the near future to take your gun or your bow, and even if they were, the fact we are pointing out pgcs folly effects that not at all.

And if you wanna get technical, if you believe otherwise, then you can blame that too on pgc. They created this mess.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Banned

"And I think you and BTB are wrong. So what does that prove? "

That proves you have a brain in your head.

What still applies early in? Only thing I see that all those different lands have in common is that they are all mismanaged by pgcs kill 'em all deer scam and carpet bombing of doe tags. Federal, county, state, gamelands, much private...doesnt matter. The only lands spared the bull*** plan is very off limits posted and little hunted areas and urban areas not huntable for the most part.

Good hunting should be the norm, not the extreme exception.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

And as you can see, if there isnt a high enough demonination listed, you can add your own higher one. That one is apparently for guys like you who are VERY happy to show your true appreciation and who don't want to be a dead-beat and not pay their way. (LOL)
Thanks for the tip! By the way, what's "demonination"? Is that like in money?jk
Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe if guys would start sending in their deer kill cards the PGC would have a betteridea of how many deer are REALLY being killed!

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.