Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

If the moose hunting were a little better here in PA, I'd of probably stayed home and hunted moose here.

That offer of paying me $50 to go hunting on some crappy State Game Land is open to you too. Want to come? I prefer cash!

I repeat, If whitetail hunting were so good here in PA, why pay all that money to hunt them out of state?

Heck, go after something we don't have.

Just think, I got this buck last year, 2008, and I'm admiting that the hunting sucks here in PA.Yeah, the AR are making bucks bigger but overall the total lack of deer is why many are throwing in the towel.

I got this guy on private/posted ground. Otherwise I'd be eating tag soup.

If it wasn't for posted ground I would be lucky to even see a deer.

If you took that private land buck with a bow he would have been close tobook (P&Y minimum)material.Like I said before, for all of the MANY, MANY hours of enjoyment I get each year in Pa's woods, regardless of success, (because success isn't alwaysmeasured by kill rate)a license increase won'thurt me a little bit. Pa, love it or leave it!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

If the moose hunting were a little better here in PA, I'd of probably stayed home and hunted moose here.

That offer of paying me $50 to go hunting on some crappy State Game Land is open to you too. Want to come? I prefer cash!

I repeat, If whitetail hunting were so good here in PA, why pay all that money to hunt them out of state?

Just think, I got this buck last year, 2008, and I'm admiting that the hunting sucks here in PA.Yeah, the AR are making bucks bigger but overall the total lack of deer is why many are throwing in the towel.

If you took that private land buck with a bow he would have been close tobook (P&Y minimum)material.Like I said before, for all of the MANY, MANY hours of enjoyment I get each year in Pa's woods, regardless of success, (because success isn't alwaysmeasured by kill rate)a license increase won'thurt me a little bit. Pa, love it or leave it!
When did one have to pay to go sit in the woods? If it isn't about success or seeing anything to bag, Why pay to do it?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK....I'll reduce my price to $40.

That's a 20% discount.

You can sit as long as you want, for as many days as you want.

You can enjoy nature to its fullest. Won't see any deer but what the heck, you'll be out there.

Next year the price jumps back up tp $50, though. I'm sure you'll pay it. You don't seem to mind if there isn't much to see. What's a little bit of money?

The point is.... all joking aside...... without the deer, guys are going to give it up.

Hunters are disgusted. I know many personally. Actually the only hunters I have talked to, that don't mind, are on here.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

When did one have to pay to go sit in the woods? If it isn't about success or seeing anything to bag, Why pay to do it?
Anybody who pays taxes, and that'sEVERYBODY that I know, pays to sit in the woods.Where do you think the money comes from to obtain state game lands, state park land, andstate forest? Not to mention federal land. Think about it!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:41 PM

Anybody who pays taxes, and that'sEVERYBODY that I know, pays to sit in the woods.Where do you think the money comes from to obtain state game lands, state park land, andstate forest? Not to mention federal land. Think about it!
I see you have nothing to say that is any help to this subject from your first comments on this thread.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

And I'm telling you the deer hunting sucks here in PA.

I'd gladly give up getting deer like this, to have things the way it use to be and to enjoy it with my kids.

My kids don't want to hunt anymore because they don't see very many deer.

Many guys are like me. They see what's going on. Some don't care if they see anything and will pay any price for that. Not me!

If you were paying for a guided elk hunt and your guide didn't seem to mind if you got one, would you be happy with that hunt? If the guide spent his time pointing out trees and birds, and ignoring bugles on the next ridge,would you be OK with that.

When you booked your next elk hunt, would you go with that outfit or one that had higher success rates.

What's it all about now?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned

"Anybody who pays taxes, and that'sEVERYBODY that I know, pays to sit in the woods.Where do you think the money comes from to obtain state game lands, state park land, andstate forest? Not to mention federal land. Think about it!"

Gamelands are not paid for by tax payers. They are paid for by hunters.

"Pa, love it or leave it!"

Or demand responsible change. We shouldnt be forced to pay more for responsible management when that isnt what we are getting.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see you have nothing to say that is any help to this subject from your first comments on this thread.
Sure I do.I said I have ZERO problem with a license cost increase.I wasn't trying to be helpful, I was telling you how "I" feel about the issue. You don't have to agree with me. That's what makes living in America so beautiful.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Gamelands are not paid for by tax payers. They are paid for by hunters.

Much of it paid for by the hunter dollar, not all of it. Do you think people are asked if they're hunters or not befor they are allowed tostep foot on state/federal land? It's not JUST state game lands that we're talking about either. Many of the hunters in this state are hunting on private land as well. The PGC has jurisdiction on private land also.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned

There are ways for pgc supporters to show their support without trying to impose their will upon the rest of us who DONT want totake part in rewarding corruption:
http://www.theoutdoorshop.state.pa.us/FBG/game/GameDonations.asp?ShopperID=2FF6FA8DBEE841279D5D68 B258A33944

And as you can see, if there isnt a high enough demonination listed, you can add your own higher one. That one is apparently for guys like you who are VERY happy to show your true appreciation and who don't want to be a dead-beat and not pay their way. (LOL)

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.