Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

there is some ny hunters not seeing as many deer either of course they can get 5 tags over the counter
It doesn't change the fact that deer harvest numbers by tags is way better than PA. You still have a better chance of getting a deer in NY than you do PA.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

Michigan has fewer people chewing up their forest??? I would really love to know what you mean by that one D i c k. Care to explain yourself?
No reply. What a bozo.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Michigan has fewer people chewing up their forest??? I would really love to know what you mean by that one D i c k. Care to explain yourself?
No reply. What a bozo.
Only a bozo would need further explanation
Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

1.………….Wisconsin…………………9.3
2.………….Maryland………………….9.2
3.………….Penna……………………..8.1
4.………….Michigan………………….7.9
5.………….New Jersey………………..7.6
6.………….Delaware………………….7.3
7.………….Ohio………………………5.8
8.………….W.Virginia………………..5.7
9.………….Virginia…………………..5.6
10.…………Missouri………………….4.7

If I could find the 2007 harvest data for the other states I would gladly include that year too but so far I haven’t been able to find the 2007 data for those other states. I do know that the Pennsylvania deer harvest in 2007 was 7.2 deer per square mile. R.S. Bodenhorn

Virginia's 2007 harvest was 241,576 Deer or 6.09 DH/PSM and that's an actual reported harvest.
Wow, just think, using the infamous"PA Calculated method", those numbers would roughly be 483,152 and 12.18 DH/PSM.

Strange how some states remain nearly stable or slowly keep moving up year after year, while others are moving down at a much faster pace. I guess PA hasn't really stabilized their Deer Population yet after all (as so often claimed), hey?

Old 02-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

No reply. What a bozo.
Oh really? Perhaps you can explain what he means by that statement? I am sure it was another very flattering remark towards hunters.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

No reply. What a bozo.
Oh really? Perhaps you can explain what he means by that statement? I am sure it was another very flattering remark towards hunters.
I took it as a way of saying that we have more hunting pressure.Chewing up the forestwas aphrase I could picture any hunter saying after seeing heavy hunting pressure. What would you say if you pulled up topark at your favorite spot and found dozens of boot tracks? Stomped out? Beat to sh__? Chewed up? Pounded out? Sproul calls em crews. I call it the Punkin army.Otherscall it the weekend warrior invasion.

IMHO, He was simply referrring to the fact that Michigan has less hunting pressure.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

No reply. What a bozo.
I took it as a way of saying that we have more hunting pressure.Chewing up the forestwas aphrase I could picture any hunter saying after seeing heavy hunting pressure. What would you say if you pulled up topark at your favorite spot and found dozens of boot tracks? Stomped out? Beat to sh__? Chewed up? Pounded out? Sproul calls em crews. I call it the Punkin army.Otherscall it the weekend warrior invasion.

IMHO, He was simply referrring to the fact that Michigan has less hunting pressure.
Alright. That seems fair. Perhaps, I am looking too hard for D i c k to slip up again.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

No reply. What a bozo.

Alright. That seems fair. Perhaps, I am looking too hard for D i c k to slip up again.

I dont think RSB is out to disparage hunters. He madea very ill advised statement alillte whie back which, BTW, he expressed regret for and corrected. If you look at his posts overall, he isusually quiterespectful of hunters in general even tghough I'm sure he sees more of the worst than most of us do.When he is critical on here, it is usually in direct response to something posted that was far worse. I'm certainly not offering any 100% unconditional backing. I was very vocal when I thought he was wrong.Just imagine though,posting on here from where he sits? I think he must genuinely like and respect most hunters just tobe willingto post on this forum
Old 02-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think RSB is out to disparage hunters.
He does it over and over again when he claims hunters prevented the PGC from controlling the herd. He ignores the fact that the PGC states the herd in 2G was at it's goal in 1999 and that for the last 20 years the antlerless harvests have exceeded the antlered harvest every year but one and that was in 1999 and it was due to 3 days of rain during doe season. Furthermore ,in 1999 the PGC issued a record 890,700 doe tags.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I dont think RSB is out to disparage hunters.
He does it over and over again when he claims hunters prevented the PGC from controlling the herd. He ignores the fact that the PGC states the herd in 2G was at it's goal in 1999 and that for the last 20 years the antlerless harvests have exceeded the antlered harvest every year but one and that was in 1999 and it was due to 3 days of rain during doe season. Furthermore ,in 1999 the PGC issued a record 890,700 doe tags.
I guess I should have said that RSB is not out to disparage reasonable, truthful, intelligent hunters who care. You are a notable exception to that. Your continuos distortions of the facts for your personal agenda has exhausted thepatience of virtually everyone here who would rather have a reasonable truthful debate.Posts directed at your distortions does not mean RSB or anyone else is disparaging hunters. Besides, based on yourapparent abilities in the field, it's a real stretch to call you a hunter anyway.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania hunters about to be "HOSED"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.