Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anti-Hunter News Release and Letter

Old 02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anti-Hunter News Release and Letter

But hunters are very diverse group and everyone has their own ideas of when to play their hand. We have archers that don't want x-bows, young hunters that want big buck, older hunters that are satisfied with any buck but have a hard time seeing brow tines, we have camp owners , private land owners and guys that only hunt SGLs or SFL. We have meat hunters and trophy hunters,ethical hunters and slobs, guys that know how many deer are in the area and guys that don't have a clue.

I doubt we will ever agree when to play our hand as a unified group of hunters.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hmmm...

First, we have this quote from our very own PA Game Commission WCO R.S. Bodenhorn.

I am becoming more and more convinced that wildlife management would be better off if we worked from the general fund and told hunter to take a flying leap with their money.
Then we have this quote from the anti's, "PA Wildlife Alliance".

[Bold]The commission should be funded by general funds. [/Bold]But now in a time of great
economic problems, the funding to achieve its conervation purpose can be
initiated in various ways. We give some examples; thought should produce
others. The public can contribute if a line is added to the state income tax
return where individuals can donate $20 or more for the support of the
commission. Another wildlife license plate can be instituted. The state game
lands (1.4 million acres), deeded to the PA Commonwealth to be used by the
commission, can and should be opened, developed, and used as state parks for
all the people. A moderate entrance fee can be charged to support the
commission and maintain these parks.
Does anybody else but me see any similarities? What are we supposed to think, D i c k?
Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

the PGC has blame in this too.

they allow killing of little cub bears.

they allowed overkilling of doe in areas that could possibly hold more deer,like 12 dpsm in wmu2g but areas show about 4 deer.

then they allow more weapons like crossbows to be used to kill more doe,in-lines in oct to kill more.long doe hunting seasons with better weapons,on and on.

its no wonder that groups like this pop up,PGC is causing a lot of it to happen.meat hunters too.

i get so mad at times over doe killing that i get those feeling at times too, i want it to stop in areas of few doe left.

i dont shoot a doe because i feel that we are acting crazy to shoot off what deer are left in areas with few doe.

hunters are ruining their sport, it will not be antis that do it.......
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

hr on the other hand is something to complain about

You seem to think everyone should wait awhile and see how the corssbow issue unfolds.

Hmmmmmm.......maybe you should wait a few more years and see how the Herd Reduction unfolds.

You, me, bluebird and lots and lots of other folks think things went way too far with HR.

When people work together, that means everyone has input and a solution is reached. That is the problem in a nutshell. The PGC calls the shots and ignores input from hunters. (Hint...Hint...Crossbows weren't even discussed to get hunter's input)

People think we should just shut up and let the PGC do whatever. BUT...that is not what working together is all about.

People find a few deer, in hard hit areas and as long as hunting is good for them, screw everyone else. They blame hunters for not hunting hard enough or getting into more remote areas.

When you think about it, they are actually admiting that hunting really does suck everywhere else or they wouldn't be advising hunters to search out those remote areas.

If there were plenty of deer there'd be no need to get back in those places.

Why is HR being implemented in the South Western part of PA? We don't have a regeneration problem.

With all the logging and timbering going on all around where I live, deer will always have a place to go.

Its all about money.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The "work together" mantra is a liberal tactic, a PR move. What they really mean is "You shut up and go along with what we want to do, in the spirit of working together, and if you don't, then you are to blame for all that happens either way."
The new PREZ is using the same crap right now. The Republicans aren't buying his bucket of dung though.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes liv its nice to see the 647 page stimulis plan the prez said he wanted to betranparent and not pork barrel
new prez buisness same ole same ole i see thru it and pgc too but pgc isnt listening so more complaining is
going to help how ? we need to find answers