Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HOW DID THE PGC COMMISSIOINERS GET APPOINTED?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default HOW DID THE PGC COMMISSIOINERS GET APPOINTED?

without naming names, how did the commissioners get appointed.
for example, did one get appointed because he is lobbyists, or a friend of dcnr or worked for this or that or donated a lot of money to rendell campaignetc.

from what we see , hunters did not appoint any, so , it would be nice to know how you get to be commisioner of PGC.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: HOW DID THE PGC COMMISSIOINERS GET APPOINTED?

They applied for the position. The Gov's advisory council (forhunting, fishing, conservation, etc) then reviews the applications, picks they ones whothey want for interviews, then forwards their recommendations on to the Gov.

Gov picks the one candidate he wants to send to the Senate. Then the Senate has to confirm or deny that pick.

Pretty much how it works for other agency boards of commissioners, not just game or fish and boat.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned

Ecofruits are kept in the majority by being "groomed" by pgc and/or dcnr, audubonetc as a "pooled effort". Dcnr, has a heavy hand in the deal.

Currently one candidate is in waiting that has been groomed by pgc themselves. She has worked with them as a supposed volunteer for some time now, and also is their most vocal mouthpiece on the internet. She has been the intended replacement for Pallone and was planned as such for some time now.

Anyone telling you that there is no malignant influence or HIGHLY selective process to keep antideer minded individuals by special interests in the majority are flat out liars.

They pass a few token "lame ducks" that are hunter friendly but they are kept just so they can point to them and say "SEE?". The majority are pushed by pgc and or dcnr. Who do you think the governor and senate will pick? People referred firmly backed by pgc and dcnr?? Or Joe Shmoes off the street who might be unbiased and not follow the company line and swing the deer program around completely?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Ecofruits are kept in the majority by being "groomed" by pgc and/or dcnr, audubonetc as a "pooled effort". Dcnr, has a heavy hand in the deal.

Currently one candidate is in waiting that has been groomed by pgc themselves. She has worked with them as a supposed volunteer for some time now, and also is their most vocal mouthpiece on the internet. She has been the intended replacement for Pallone and was planned as such for some time now.

Anyone telling you that there is no malignant influence or HIGHLY selective process to keep antideer minded individuals by special interests in the majority are flat out liars.
Not that I support their position but thats how politics work,you support people that back your position. Its not illegal or unethical thats just how it works.
You guys need to do the same thing if you want to see any changes in Pa's future. I pointed this out in another thread.
We as hunters make up just 8 % of our population,and as we are now divided ,I feel the P.G.C. see us as the loosing side in this battle and like all politicians they enjoy the power and never intend to relinquish it.
For them to remain in power they must appease those that hold power over them.
The farm and timber industries have huge lobbying bank rolls, we as hunters have only our voices and it doesn't take a wizard to figure out that the cash is controlling microphone right now.
You all know the Ole saying about cashtalking and bull**** walking.
Well the cash is talking loud and clear right now but in time the pendulum swings both ways. I just not sure how much more time we have.[&:]
Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

"Not that I support their position "

Naaa. Cant do that Jim. The world might end.

"but thats how politics work,you support people that back your position. Its not illegal or unethical thats just how it works. "

Its completely unethical. Its damaging our sport hunting, our wildlife managment agency and thats plain to see.

"You guys need to do the same thing if you want to see any changes in Pa's future. I pointed this out in another thread. We as hunters make up just 8 % of our population,and as we are now divided "

Jim, not trying to argue, as I appreciate your thoughtful insight. But I dont need to hear again about 8% blah blah blah. fact is, that 8% is higher in number than any whove spoke out FOR deer irradication, and a HUGE percentage dont care one way or another and another large percentage support US. I dont know about you, but I have dozens of friends and family members that DONT hunt and they support my hunting 100% and have NO PROBLEMS with herd growth. Im sure most hunters could say the same. Do that over 900,000 times and multiplying it and see how long "WE" are in the minority. Its not US against SOCIETY. We and ours ARE society!! That 8% against the world nonsense came STRAIGHT from Audubon society. You can go to their website and see where that was first spoken years ago when this whole circus began. It has been one of their nonsensical "points" when speaking at the pgc open-microphone circuses often enough. Its been regurgitated and repeated 9000 times since, usually by pgc or their supporters.

There are only 2 choices of change as I see. Cause Pgc isnt volutarily gonna restructure itself!(LOL) We can go another decade as we have, possibly worse if the boc candidate upcoming is any indicator. Or we can not only allow but encourage legislators to Hold that fee increase until change is made, and it wont take long now.

Thats the only two realistic options that exist. I strongly support number 2. Pgc is speaking out against this check and balance so strongly because THEY KNOW it will work and is working, breaking their resolve more and more, and there is no way out if legislators stick to their duty.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not sure I trust the legislators any more than I trust..................well.

This is all about money,its not about deer.And until we as hunters realize that we will be locked out of the decision making. Both the timber industry and the farm bureau have huge stakes in who is making the decisions and they will continue to get people appointed that support their industries.

The guys at the top like to stay on the top.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

I agree with much of that Jim. And preventing a fee increase and the temporary change it may bring won't end our problems long term. But it WILL be one battle won in an ugly war. One battle at a time bro.

And there is ZERO to be gained by just being good boys and girls by going lockstep with the pgc plans whatever they may beand just doing as we're told.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I feel the war is lost but there are battles that are easily won. The P.G.C. is allot like bluebird when it comes to the facts.Both of them only present facts that bolster their argument.
They talk about how long its been since they got a license increase, no license increases just added tags. The bonus turkey tag just reeks of the cash grab odor. If they wanted more people to hunt turkeys then the tags would be available through out the season not just preseason?
Thats just one example where the whole truth is not being told.There are untold numbers more.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

How is this about money and who specifically is getting the big paycheck?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

How is this about money and who specifically is getting the big paycheck?
You can't believe that the farm and timber industries don't have their hands in hunting in PA. this is from the farm bureau web page.A direct link.
Pennsylvania Farm Bureau opposes any expansion of Sunday hunting.

Campaign Classroom
Learn the Secrets of a
Winning Campaign!

A two-day seminar for candidates running for public office at any level, their spouses and campaign managers.
Seminar registration fee includes

Same page Doug........................http://www.pfb.com/[/align][/align]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.