Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HOW DID THE PGC COMMISSIOINERS GET APPOINTED?

Old 01-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: HOW DID THE PGC COMMISSIOINERS GET APPOINTED?

ORIGINAL: DougE

I keep hearing about how this is all about money for the PGC.How specifically did they benefit?Who got paid?Wheres' the proof.The commissioners vote on the regs.Are you saying they got paid off by someone?I sweriously don't get it
If you don't understandhow money drives politics maybe you should take a look at Bill Clinton's income.

He has "made" tens of millions of dollars in the last eight years that he has not been president,while his law license has been revoked, politics are filthy dirty way to make a living,its a good living once you get used to the smell.[:'(]
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

Jim,and how much state forests do you have in Crawford county?Less than 8% of our land mass is state forests.There is no doubt what so ever that forest certification had a huge effect on what's going on in our state forests.Forest certification did not drive herd reductioon in the remaining 92% of pA.
Did DCNR take any of the blame for the dramatic decrease of herd in the media or by outdoor writers? No, DCNR got off scott free and the PGC took all the heat ,because they reduced the statewide herd for the benefit of DCNR and the timber industry. In the 80's the PGC was bragging year after year about how successfully they were managing the deer. The herd did not increase from 1987 to 1997, yet 3 years later a major campaign was launched to cut the herd in half. WHY? FOREST RE-CERTIFICATION!!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Banned

Jim...sniff sniff...Im proud of you bro. Your bringing a tear to my eye. sniff.. (LOL)

Doug, who knows wether pgc has been getting paid off. I wouldnt doubt it for one second, and I sure as hell dont think its out of the question given all the high power players in this "game". Lets just say Id like to be a fly on the wall during some of the dirty back room dealings and Id bet everything I own I wouldnt be in for any surprise as long as I went in expecting the worst.

Aside from that, I do know they lean far too heavily on the doe allocation cash and now adding other source like xbow tags etc. even though most were against it.

Also very noteworthy, Pallone has STRONG timber industry ties as well as tighter than two coats of paint with the "eco-whacko" crowd.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:36 AM
Typical Buck

They need to put real hunters in the positions. People that actually go out and hunt rather some bend over billys that belongs to some jacket and tie hunting club with stocked animals. They might have educations ,but they lack in the field experience and common sense.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim,yes I do know how politics drives things.I just keep hearing about how the PGC is doing all this formoney but know one can show me this money trail.Who got paid?Was it Gary Alt,the commissioners or Carl Roe?

The herd was decreasing from 1987 to 1997?Do you really want to go there?I do,because you're so wrong it isn't even funny.Lets take a look.

In 1997 hunters killed 156,742 antlered deer.Jump ahead 10 years later to 1997 and you'll see that hunters killed 176,504 bucks.This clearly shows that the herd was increasing during that time frame.Jump ahead even more to 2001 when hunters killed 203,000 bucks and it's easy to see that the herd was still indeed increasing.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gary Alt has indeed profited from his involvement in PA deer management program. And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve recognition for his contributions but to say he hasn't profited is an understatement.

Dr. Alt has been featured on Good Morning America, CBS Sunday Morning News,in a half hour program on National Geographic Explorer, andscores of local television broadcasts. Gary was also featured in Time Magazine as a Conservation Innovator,People Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Reader's Digest, National Wildlife, Audubon, Canadian Geographic, Country Journal, Outdoor Life, Sports Afield, Field & Stream, National Geographic World, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Washington Post andnumerous other newspapers and radio broadcasts, including National Public Radio
Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doug ,I want you to understand I'm not against every thing that is being done. I'm a huge fan of AR and I feel many more hunters would be if we had not kept the HR going as far as it has.
The wedge between the P.G.C. and hunters keeps being driven further and further buy the commissions seemingly refusal to even listen to hunters. The Xbow vote is a prime example of that.
I lost confidence in the P.G.C. when the Don Madl fiasco came up,the man is every thing the Game commission is against and is sworn to protect and he was in charge.

A lemming I'm not, and I refuse to follow blindly.

Remember this?

Based on interviews with agency employees, the inspector general also concluded that, between 1988 and 1998, Madl used commission employees and equipment to perform personal services during normal working hours, including: skinning 123 deer shot by Madl; skinning 52 deer shot by Madl's friends and family; plowing the driveway to Madl's house approximately 10 to 12 times; and repairing Madl's hunting trailer approximately 6 times. Additionally, the report noted, that between 50 and 60 of the deer Madl brought into the office for skinning were not properly tagged.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The herd was decreasing from 1987 to 1997?Do you really want to go there?I do,because you're so wrong it isn't even funny.Lets take a look.

In 1997 hunters killed 156,742 antlered deer.Jump ahead 10 years later to 1997 and you'll see that hunters killed 176,504 bucks.This clearly shows that the herd was increasing during that time frame.Jump ahead even more to 2001 when hunters killed 203,000 bucks and it's easy to see that the herd was still indeed increasing.
I did not say the herd was decreasing from 1987 to 1997 , I said it wasn't increasing. In1988 we harvested 163K buck and in 1996 the harvest was only 153K so the increase to 17K in 1997 can be contributed in part to the low harvest in 1996. There was no significant increase in the herd from 1988 to 1997.

The major increase in the herd occurred due to antlerless harvests that were below 200K in 1998 and 1999,which resulted in a 20% increase in the herd and a 15% in the buck harvest compared to 1997 and only a 20% increase in the buck harvest from 1988.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

No offence bb but I wasn't directinting that post at you.Anyone thatclaims the herd didn't increase from the late 80's until the Alt regime is flat out wrong and the facts are as clear as a bell.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

For crying out loud Jim.I'm not a lemming either.I've always disagreed with the way Alt sold this plan and fully agree that the guy made ridiculous claims that could never come true.I'll go as far as saying and I said this back in 2003.The guy is either a a liar,a lousy biologist or a complete moron.As far as Madl goes,he seems like a real piece of work as well.None of that changes the fact that no evidence exists that anyone from the PGC benefited or was paid off by anyone.

Jim,the herd was definately increasing from 1987 untiol 1997.there is no doubtabout it.We needed less deer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.