Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Crossbows....my question.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Crossbows....my question.

Well, like it or not, they're here.

I have one question for the PGC. Since we're allowed to use them now, does that mean that compound guys can use a draw loc on their bows? I recall in the digest that it's illegal to use a device that locks the bow at full draw until you're ready to shoot. What the heck is the difference?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Crossbows....my question.

This is just a guess but that gadget was described in the prior law that excluded them so I'd think it's likely that if they simply included crossbows and used the same definition it will likely be legal as well.

JMHO
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

That wouldn't surprise me a bit BTB. I wouldn't ever use such a device, because I don't need the crutch of a crossbow or pre cocked bow to kill a deer.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Draw locks are still illegal.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DennyF

Draw locks are still illegal.
Thats good to hear. Personally I view those things as truly useless gadgets. They are not very helpful and actually take away from the accuracy of the vertical bow.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, how arse backwards is that?!?! I dont, or would never use such a device, but they sure do contradict themselves there.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Muzz, ya hafta realize who we are talking about making these decisions here... If it would equate to more deer dead or more money, then that contraption too wouldve been legalized.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cornelious, I'm not so sure about the whole "more dead deer" conspiracy that some talk about, but I do believe they're doing and will continue to do whatever is possible to generate more revenue to make up for all of the hunters they've chased out in the past several years, regardless of whether or not it is good forthe deer and/orPA hunting as a whole.

Sure, they need the income to pay operating costs, I can't blame them for that. Perhaps they need to layoff the bat studies and other worthless endeavors that don't seem to do anyone or anything any good anyway.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

"Cornelious, I'm not so sure about the whole "more dead deer" conspiracy that some talk about,"

I think Palloneand crewspositions are quite well known.

"Sure, they need the income to pay operating costs, I can't blame them for that."

I can and do. If it werent forcompletelyignoring the hunters of this state, they wouldnt be in the financial situation they are in in the first place. At any moment, they can easily reverse their situationof no cash. They refuse. So, OH YEAH, I blame them!

"Perhaps they need to layoff the bat studies and other worthless endeavors that don't seem to do anyone or anything any good anyway. "

I dont think thats the answer. Though I am FAR from a treehugger, I do care about the pgc obligation to nongame wildlife. Nongame isnt the problem and they shouldnt be neglected. There would be PLENTY of money if responsible management were to take place. The fact pgc may have to neglect some duties due to budget constraints and to do so willingly only highlights the current irresponsibility and ineptitude within the agency.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Muzz, ya hafta realize who we are talking about making these decisions here... If it would equate to more deer dead or more money, then that contraption too wouldve been legalized.
sadly, you are right[:@]

Quick Reply: PA Crossbows....my question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.