Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Heading for the show...

Old 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Heading for the show...

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

Hoping to make it up myself. I never get tired of it, as I still think I've never managed to cover the entire show in a day. Nothing better than the arena with the turkey and waterfowl calls...you'll be hearing that in your sleep for days. I always manage to find a few great deals there as well. End of the week is best for the good deals.

it is fun, i miss it.

i cant find anyone who wants to go in my area, thats strange.

i used to get FREE TICKETS too.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DougE

Coalcracker,who's the wimp?How many acres do you hunt in a season and how far do you have to walk to get there?
For the last 11 years I've hunted on my own land, bought it in the mid 70's to hunt when I got older and so that I wouldn't get built in by homes. Previous 40some years I hunted those unforgiving mountains, where you should have one leg shorter than the other.

Ido all my hunting on my 13 acres, but own an additional 50 some acres with my brother-in-law, most of that is fields and it's rented to a farmer, but the huntable part is connected to my own land.

I have three tripod stands on my land, one is only around 75 yards behind the house, this one I use mostly for watching the deer during the Summer and into the Fall. Nextstand is about 125 yards and theother is a little over 200 yards, this is the one along the creek where most of the deer are taken. I haven't hunted the 200 yard stand in the last five years on the first day, this is the most productive stand and I give it to a guest. At 66 years old I'm not ashamed to not walk a mile or more to hunt.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

Previous 40some years I hunted those unforgiving mountains, where you should have one leg shorter than the other.
That is funny. I remember driving the ridges and thinking I should just put a kneepad on one side and hobble along.

Last year was my first year at the show, but I can't wait for this year. I enjoy seeing all of the new products.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Would love to go, but I probably won't this year. I'm already spending my wad of "hunting" cash for the month on arrows and stuff.