Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Predators and deer

Old 01-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Predators and deer

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

If your deer numbers are way below carry capacity in 2G, Why does the PGC still give out 21,000 doe tags and who knows how many Dmap tags for 2G?
They don't even take predators into account when manageing wildlife and carry capacity. That is crazy.
PGC did stop doe killing for first week of gun, that was start in wmu2g.

i hear they may be starting a study group on that first week affect.

you are right, the fly over failed and did not show deer that they wanted it to show was here in wmu2g.

i can tell you, i know western clinton county very well.

no way we have 12 dpsm, or 9 dpsm, or 6dpsm.

in fact, i have not heard anyone say locally they saw more than 2 deer running together.

that alone should say something .........
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I never called you a BLXX job or anything close to that. you have called me a liar over and over again without any facts to support your claims and engaged in constant cheap shots and insults.

You can move on to whatever you want, but don't lie about my positions and don't engage in mindless name calling as you have done in the past.

I never called you BLXXjob. I called you Bluejob and Blueboy. As I said, it went both ways. The holier than thou attitude just won't fly. Here are a few reminders of some things you've posted.

That is pure unadulterated nonsense.

you do not know what you are talking about

Once again you simply don't know what you are talking about.

These poor fools

And you aren't smart enough

Buck season is over dumkopf!

So the only delusional hunters are those that deny the reality that ARs decrease the buck harvest

You sound like you don't have a clue about deer management.

Thank for proving to one and all that you lack even the most basic understanding of the issues.

That is pure unadulterated horse puckey.

that was a lie and you are still defending that lie.

Do you mean like you lied about when Ars were implemented?

When you graduate from kindergarten let we know and maybe we can resume this discussion.

Wrong again fool.

That is an outright lie.

That is a flat out lie.

Obviously you are a blithering idiot, because i don't gather the data ,the PGC does!!!

I doubt that you'd understand any documentation I might provide.

Once again you demonstrated your total ignorance

I'm not about to provide any documentation for a clown

Have you ever had an idea of your own?

Do you have a brain?

You really are amazingly ignorant! WMU2G doesn't include any of Bradford Co

You haven't come close to being amusing. You are simply annoying and immature.

That is more pure nonsense from BTB

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Do you have a translation?

well , I agree you are not special and you just might be well below the average.

Here we have a prime example of a rack hunter who does nothing to contribute to the management of the herd, but yet belittles those that do the work of controlling the herd.

So are you an omega hunter or an alpha hunter or just a pain in the butt?

Please continue to flaunt your ignorance for all to see.

Don't want to be called names? Don't use em. Don't want atacks and insults? Don't give me out! I'm trying to put an end to this.

I will continue to challenge posts that appear misleading or incorrect but lets stop the constant rehashing and yes, the "dead horse beating"

Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I never called you a BLXX job or anything close to that. you have called me a liar over and over again without any facts to support your claims and engaged in constant cheap shots and insults.

You can move on to whatever you want, but don't lie about my positions and don't engage in mindless name calling as you have done in the past.

I never called you BLXXjob. I called you Bluejob and Blueboy. As I said, it went both ways. The holier than thou attitude just won't fly. Here are a few reminders of some things you've posted.

That is pure unadulterated nonsense.

you do not know what you are talking about

Once again you simply don't know what you are talking about.

These poor fools

And you aren't smart enough

Buck season is over dumkopf!

So the only delusional hunters are those that deny the reality that ARs decrease the buck harvest

You sound like you don't have a clue about deer management.

Thank for proving to one and all that you lack even the most basic understanding of the issues.

That is pure unadulterated horse puckey.

that was a lie and you are still defending that lie.

Do you mean like you lied about when Ars were implemented?

When you graduate from kindergarten let we know and maybe we can resume this discussion.

Wrong again fool.

That is an outright lie.

That is a flat out lie.

Obviously you are a blithering idiot, because i don't gather the data ,the PGC does!!!

I doubt that you'd understand any documentation I might provide.

Once again you demonstrated your total ignorance

I'm not about to provide any documentation for a clown

Have you ever had an idea of your own?

Do you have a brain?

You really are amazingly ignorant! WMU2G doesn't include any of Bradford Co

You haven't come close to being amusing. You are simply annoying and immature.

That is more pure nonsense from BTB

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Do you have a translation?

well , I agree you are not special and you just might be well below the average.

Here we have a prime example of a rack hunter who does nothing to contribute to the management of the herd, but yet belittles those that do the work of controlling the herd.

So are you an omega hunter or an alpha hunter or just a pain in the butt?

Please continue to flaunt your ignorance for all to see.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

If your deer numbers are way below carry capacity in 2G, Why does the PGC still give out 21,000 doe tags and who knows how many Dmap tags for 2G?
They don't even take predators into account when manageing wildlife and carry capacity. That is crazy.
PGC did stop doe killing for first week of gun, that was start in wmu2g.

i hear they may be starting a study group on that first week affect.

you are right, the fly over failed and did not show deer that they wanted it to show was here in wmu2g.

i can tell you, i know western clinton county very well.

no way we have 12 dpsm, or 9 dpsm, or 6dpsm.

in fact, i have not heard anyone say locally they saw more than 2 deer running together.

that alone should say something .........

Sproul 3c was in that no doe the first week too and i liked it
i know some complained it wasnt fair but they bought there doe
tags for other wmu
Anyway since pgc is willing to do no doe's for a week in certain areas
that should mean they are doing there job and monitoring and ajusting
doe to what is needed right?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

that should mean they are doing there job and monitoring and ajusting
doe to what is needed right?
Not necessarily. If the PGC reduced the herd to way below the MSY carrying capacity and are issuing enough tags to keep the herd at those low levels, then they are still mis-managing the herd.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproul,explain how the FLIR's were a failure and who were they a failure to?

Bowtruck,I grew up right on the border or 3C and 3B and most of my family still lives in one of those two units.I didn't hunt up there this year but most years I do and I can tell you one thing.The habitat in 3C rivals some of the worst habitat in 2G.My brother lives at the very bottom of 3C,It's all agriculture around his property but other than that,the habitat is terrible.I have another buddy that owns hundreds of acres just outside of Montrose.Other than their food plots,the habitat is absolute crap.That area has some of the most overbrowsed habitat I've ever seen.It's terrible and the one thing they don't need is to lay off the does in that unit.Incientally,3C's herd healthis rated as the poorest in the state.Out of 40 roadkilled female fawns checked between 2003 and 2005,none were pregnant.That's terrible.2G even had three.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Incientally,3C's herd health is rated as the poorest in the state.Out of 40 roadkilled female fawns checked between 2003 and 2005,none were pregnant.That's terrible.2G even had three.
That is not true. WMU 3 C is at it's target goal for herd health and 3D is the only WMU that is below goal. Furthermore 3C has some of the best deer habitat in the state as of result of years of timbering of pole timber stands for pulp wood for P&G. Unfortunately you think the deer need perfect habitat where even pole timber has a well developed understory, when in fact that is impossible. Wmu 3C can support at least twice as many deer as it has now and still be quite healthy.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oops,your right.they were just rated poor in 2006.Regardless,they did have the lowest fawn conception rate in the state.

The habitat is extremley poor in the areas that I hunt and visted.When was the last time P&G had any wood cut in 3C?I may have misunderstood,but my brother works atP&G and I could have sworn that they stopped making pulp there quite a few years ago.I thought theyput a couple more paper machines in and started shipping in the pulp.I could be wrong about that.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oops,your right.they were just rated poor in 2006.Regardless,they did have the lowest fawn conception rate in the state.
But they didn't have the lowest rate in 2006 when 6% of the fawns were checked.

You are right that P&G stopped cutting pulp some time ago. But all the cutting they did since the 70's should have allowed the habitat in the uncut areas to recover. If it didn't it was due to shading and not the deer.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Sproul,explain how the FLIR's were a failure and who were they a failure to?

Bowtruck,I grew up right on the border or 3C and 3B and most of my family still lives in one of those two units.I didn't hunt up there this year but most years I do and I can tell you one thing.The habitat in 3C rivals some of the worst habitat in 2G.My brother lives at the very bottom of 3C,It's all agriculture around his property but other than that,the habitat is terrible.I have another buddy that owns hundreds of acres just outside of Montrose.Other than their food plots,the habitat is absolute crap.That area has some of the most overbrowsed habitat I've ever seen.It's terrible and the one thing they don't need is to lay off the does in that unit.Incientally,3C's herd healthis rated as the poorest in the state.Out of 40 roadkilled female fawns checked between 2003 and 2005,none were pregnant.That's terrible.2G even had three.
flyover was failure in clinton because it did not show the deer that the PGC/DCNR wanted to show.

douge, how many dpsm did the flir show for clinton county.

dont give me they were hiding behind pine trees is why few were shown.

Quick Reply: Predators and deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.