Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA crossbow amendment in peril

Old 01-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA crossbow amendment in peril

A little birdie [It wasn't BB2] told me that the crossbow issue is possibly doomed due to a power shake-up and one switch vote on the board of commissioners.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA crossbow amendment in peril

Thats good news. Personally, I'm still on the fence but leaning against the darn things. Either way, the last vote seemed underhanded and without the necessary research to support the contention by the crossbow industry that it wouldn't adversely effect the current archery season
Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have anything against them, just fear the loss of archery season length due to the effect on harvest from their inclusion. I am to the point of accepting their inclusion and will adapt like I always do. I'm just one little fish in a big pond. The harvest did increase 40% in SRAs where they are permitted. Something must compensate for this and will it be archery season length or rifle?
Throw Sundays in the mix and watch where the harvest numbers go. I would love to "have it all" like the next guy, but remember the proverb concerning having cake and eating cake.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg, did the 40% increase you mention inSRA's attribute that increase solely to the inclusion of xbows or is that simply an increase due to HR being instituted in roughly the same time frame? I didn't do a searchand I trust your numbers, I'm just wondering what they could really mean.

The xbow has been a choice on the report cards so the PGcshould havesome data they could use to determine the effects of the xbow inclusion in SRA's.

It sure would be helpful to have that information if the PGC has bothered to break it down.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would need to go back and re-examine it.
You raise a good point.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I SOO hope your little birdie knows what its talking about & doesn’t turn out to be a Dodo.

I try to remain positive regardless of the regulations and rule changes that come down the pike, but this is one that besides being completely against based on principle, I am whole heartedly against because of the fear of the detrimental effect, if not the total ruination of the archery season in some places. It is tough enough to find any solitude in the woods as it is, let alone adding tens of thousands of additional hunters, most of which will be bumbling fools. There are other detrimental impacts like season shortening that I think could also result.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

Question? Are crossbows currently legal to be used during the regular firearms season? That is regardless if one is handicapped or not.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

Is there a possibility thata crossbow lobby is trying to peddle influence. Or is the PGC trying to raise more revenue with more archery stamp sales.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

Question? Are crossbows currently legal to be used during the regular firearms season? That is regardless if one is handicapped or not.
Crossbows are currently legal in all firearm seasons including flintlock muzzleloader and they are legal in ALL seasons including archery in the Special Regs Areas
Old 01-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pats102862

Is there a possibility thata crossbow lobby is trying to peddle influence. Or is the PGC trying to raise more revenue with more archery stamp sales.
Both are true IMHO

Quick Reply: PA crossbow amendment in peril

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.