Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa crossbow

Old 01-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default pa crossbow

thread form hp://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=4304

Friday, January 16, 2009

Please Contact the Pennsylvania Game Commission Today!

Over the last several years, there has been a growing debate concerning the use of crossbows in Pennsylvania. At its upcoming meeting, the Pennsylvania Game Commission will be voting on a proposal that would make Pennsylvania the twelfth state to allow the use of crossbows during the state archery season. This meeting will be held from Sunday, January 25 to Tuesday, January 27. To view a copy of the agenda, please click here.

NRA strongly advocates for any expansion of hunter opportunity and choice when there is no biological reason to oppose the expansion. In fact, states that have allowed the use of crossbows have been able to maintain healthy wildlife populations. Additionally, the recruitment and retention of hunters has improved by removing crossbow restrictions. At a time when the number of hunters is declining, nothing is more important than the ongoing effort to preserve and strengthen our hunting heritage.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission has received input on both sides of the issue from stakeholders concerning this proposed change. It’s time the Pennsylvania Game Commission hear from the very sportsmen and hunters they represent. There is little doubt that non-hunters and “animal rights” forces will be active in making their voices heard, so it is vital that sportsmen speak loudly.

Please contact the members of the Pennsylvania Game Commission TODAY and respectfully ask that they act to preserve our cherished hunting heritage by voting for the inclusion of crossbows during the state archery season. Contact information for your Game Commissioner can be found below.

Roxane Palone, President
[email protected]

Greg Isabella, Vice-President
[email protected]

Jay Delaney, Jr., Secretary
[email protected]

Russell Schleiden
[email protected]

Tom Boop
[email protected]

Dave Schreffler
[email protected]

Ron Weaner
[email protected]

thread from crossbow forum on hunting net
Old 01-18-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa crossbow

It's a done deal!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like it jack
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Congrats to the hunters of Pa, more choice is always a good thing.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Done to all!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

It's a done deal!!!

Hatchet Jack

It is?

I don’t think I would put a lot of money on that bet one way or the other. I suspect it is far from the done deal some seem to think.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Done to all!
Hold yer horses there fella. It's not "game over" yet.
There's a trouble brewin' in yer corner, orso I hear.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I already been collaborating w/ him and his questions. I am wondering if he's one of you all that are so vehemntly gainst the Crossbow. But his question was a gooder, and I hope I answered it to his liking and understanding. This is a good bru ha-ha coming to PA. The only winners as usual will be the Anti[s, as you will need the Xbow vote to get the numbers to defeat their agenda as outlined in previous posts. So does winning this against a hunter make you a winner?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

It's a done deal!!!

Hatchet Jack
its not a done deal.

i think they got my survey of local hunters here in clinton county,THEY DONT WANT THEM.......
Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I already been collaborating w/ him and his questions.
Nice spin. He will not vote yes without an amendment prohibiting, among other things, the use of scopes during archery season.
Painting me as helping anti-hunters might be a good ploy, but it is an underhanded tactic. I can't worry or care. I stand by my conviction.

Don't forget about the commissioner that wasn't counted before that now will be voting, and votingNO.
Even that isn't the full extent....there's still more...

Quick Reply: pa crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.