Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa crossbow

Old 01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa crossbow

Sproulman, I love ya'. You say 2 already there so that makes 3, you think the stink ain't there now? Until you can prove that Xbow huting is detrimental to the animal population, or poaching has risen, or anything else it should be passed. Other dstates do not have the ipact you do and your own peole are saying they are quitting Compund to go to Xbow. Here is what will happen, Xbow get;s it's own season in addition to the seasons it has now, which makes more money for PAPGC. Slowly eroding the Compoiund boyos time in the woods because they were too stubborn and narrow monded to let others who enjoy hunting in the woods w/ them! There you go boys, that's the answer. And maybe when the numbers dramatically increase of Xbow hunters your time will dramatically decrease because as we all know the PAPGC is interested in the money, not the experience. So keep fighting change friends Money will Talk in the end!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

well said buck
Old 01-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like the UBP is geting ready to join up with the USP.

The question has recently been asked that, considering the actions of the Board of Commissioners on the crossbow proposal, the recommendations of PGC Staff and the lack of science, biology, and means to accurately collect data is this not an effort to destroy an organization? And while no one will likely ever know the truth of the matter it certainly should give pause to consider any current or future “partnership” of bowhunters with the Pennsylvania Game Commission; because if the truth were indeed brought to light it would quite likely verify what many already suspect about who really pulls the strings on this “independent” agency. Perhaps it is truly for the better for bowhunters and, in the long-term, all sportsmen that the PGC become a bona fide function of government that answers directly to the governor. Perhaps then the legislature would be forced to take full accountability for their presently obscure actions in exercising full and complete control over what can presently hardly be called scientific wildlife management, or even socially responsible wildlife management in this state. Perhaps then no one would be urinating on your neck while telling you it is raining, and each bowhunter could actually cast a real vote that does count.

Wes Waldron AKA Muldoon
http://www.ubofpa.org/presmessg.html[/align]

Old 01-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lost horn

Looks like the UBP is geting ready to join up with the USP.

The question has recently been asked that, considering the actions of the Board of Commissioners on the crossbow proposal, the recommendations of PGC Staff and the lack of science, biology, and means to accurately collect data is this not an effort to destroy an organization? And while no one will likely ever know the truth of the matter it certainly should give pause to consider any current or future “partnership” of bowhunters with the Pennsylvania Game Commission; because if the truth were indeed brought to light it would quite likely verify what many already suspect about who really pulls the strings on this “independent” agency. Perhaps it is truly for the better for bowhunters and, in the long-term, all sportsmen that the PGC become a bona fide function of government that answers directly to the governor. Perhaps then the legislature would be forced to take full accountability for their presently obscure actions in exercising full and complete control over what can presently hardly be called scientific wildlife management, or even socially responsible wildlife management in this state. Perhaps then no one would be urinating on your neck while telling you it is raining, and each bowhunter could actually cast a real vote that does count.

Wes Waldron AKA Muldoon
http://www.ubofpa.org/presmessg.html
[/align]
UBP was a big backer of PGC,NOWthey are merging to get stronger.

i do agree with him saying only 14 members showed up,i been in that situation before too.

this is why we lose so much, no interest today......
Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Sproulman, I love ya'. You say 2 already there so that makes 3, you think the stink ain't there now? Until you can prove that Xbow huting is detrimental to the animal population, or poaching has risen, or anything else it should be passed. Other dstates do not have the ipact you do and your own peole are saying they are quitting Compund to go to Xbow. Here is what will happen, Xbow get;s it's own season in addition to the seasons it has now, which makes more money for PAPGC. Slowly eroding the Compoiund boyos time in the woods because they were too stubborn and narrow monded to let others who enjoy hunting in the woods w/ them! There you go boys, that's the answer. And maybe when the numbers dramatically increase of Xbow hunters your time will dramatically decrease because as we all know the PAPGC is interested in the money, not the experience. So keep fighting change friends Money will Talk in the end!
what kills me is this too.

i am sitting in my stand in archeryalong pipeline watching 1 doe for about 2 hrs eating in archery.

real young doe,1.5 yrs old.

then i see something moving on ground, up goes my binos.

yep, its a IN-LINE hunter on his stomach coming crawling on ground to get shot af that small doe.

he raises his gun , i am watching and all of sudden,AH CHOO.

dang it, i had to sneeze just when he was going to shoot that doe.

i felt so bad when i saw that doe run away.

that hunter tried to find me but could not see me in tree off to his right.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Inthe few other states that allow crossbow hunting the crossbow hunters kill more deer then the vertical hunters.I'd say that has an impact on the resource.
As for the compound hunters not allowing other weapons in our season what do you suggest we do?Allow rifles during the rut also?If you're allowed in with crossbows why not rifle hunters?
Do you happen to think the deer populations can handle that?
Why do you suppose vert hunters are allowed to hunt the rut?Because the populations can handle it with that type of weapon in place.
I take it you are against a specialized season?Bring in all weapons for all seasons?Why let the rifle hunters out?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Germain...that is what I have said. The weapon does not fit the season and inclusion will force changes to season length.
Proponents like to prey on the good nature of archers to gain acceptance under the "let's band together" psychology. It is a ploy. A sales pitch. There is somethinghiding in the woodpile, however. Once the die is cast, do you think we can undo it or will seasons shorten? You are smart enough to see.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't require a seperate season either. They fit in gun season and it works as far as game management is concerned.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once the door opens and people make the investment in a crossbow they sure as heck won't eliminate the weapon.
You're right,the crossgun doesn't belong in archery seasons for obvious reasons.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could be OK with giving the xbow a short seperate season to see what happens. I'd even be willing to suggest a week immediately after regular bow season. They'd get some of the rut too! Then if the worries of archers are proven to be overblown, let it go. What's the problem with being cautious before we allow a possible serious disruption to a season earned by 300,000 of the most dedicated hunters Pa has?

Quick Reply: pa crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.