Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa crossbow

Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa crossbow

ORIGINAL: blkpowder

bowtruck. I hope I didn't offend you? I was just want to understand better, you and others.About the need forlegalizing crossbows. Just trying to get a better veiw from the other side of the fence.
blkpowder i was not offended at first i could careless if made xbows legal
but the more people complain how easy they are they say well there heavy,they dontshoot farther,there noisy,Then they end with i dont
want people stinking up my woods IF it was there woods they own and
could tell them no you cant hunt but for the most part it is public land
those people are talking about and they are worred about there trophy
In this time all hunters should stick together see what all the elections
have brought hunters to deal with
Old 01-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTB [quoteH1 the more I read of your posts the more I am convinced that you are not so much a crossbow supporter as you are simply intent on antagonizing archery hunters ][/quote]

As long as you archers [:-]attack anyone else who wants to hunt a certain way in the public woods, i will call attention to your behavior! Is it not true that you do not want anyone else in your woods when you are hunting and feel that you are the only entitled group to hunt the rut? That small game hunting during your hunting time should be banned? Have i not already heard your argument against all these hunting styles? You won't say your elitists and snobs yet you rail on that only you have earned the rights to hunt during bow/rut! Any other hunting type is for poachers, non-hunters and they are not real archers.Then you tell me when to hunt, raining can;t hunt, might be the only time i vcan get out!!I started w/ a Fred Bear bow 45# recurve and wood arrows, on my own! No one explained what I was doing right and wrong I learned on my own.I knew how far I could shoot humanely even at a young age. I heartily grasped the compund as a more humane way to kill deer because i saw them as a better sighting and faster killing platform.What about that does not describe a Xbow, or is it that you ONLY have the infinite wisdom and sportsman morality to only shoot to the 30 yard line? That is when I get pissed.....it seems only you and livbuks have the capability to monitor your hunting activities and NO one else is smart, sportsmanlike or intelligent enough to say NO to certain hunting situations. We allow you, but not you in the woods on these days! That attitude will not endear the Arch community (which is shrinking) to the hunting community. We need to support each other, share the woods w/ each other and get ready for the fight we have coming. If that is antagonize, so be it.................
Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

BTB [quoteH1 the more I read of your posts the more I am convinced that you are not so much a crossbow supporter as you are simply intent on antagonizing archery hunters ]
As long as you archers [:-]attack anyone else who wants to hunt a certain way in the public woods, i will call attention to your behavior! Is it not true that you do not want anyone else in your woods when you are hunting and feel that you are the only entitled group to hunt the rut? That small game hunting during your hunting time should be banned? Have i not already heard your argument against all these hunting styles? You won't say your elitists and snobs yet you rail on that only you have earned the rights to hunt during bow/rut! Any other hunting type is for poachers, non-hunters and they are not real archers.Then you tell me when to hunt, raining can;t hunt, might be the only time i vcan get out!!I started w/ a Fred Bear bow 45# recurve and wood arrows, on my own! No one explained what I was doing right and wrong I learned on my own.I knew how far I could shoot humanely even at a young age. I heartily grasped the compund as a more humane way to kill deer because i saw them as a better sighting and faster killing platform.What about that does not describe a Xbow, or is it that you ONLY have the infinite wisdom and sportsman morality to only shoot to the 30 yard line? That is when I get pissed.....it seems only you and livbuks have the capability to monitor your hunting activities and NO one else is smart, sportsmanlike or intelligent enough to say NO to certain hunting situations. We allow you, but not you in the woods on these days! That attitude will not endear the Arch community (which is shrinking) to the hunting community. We need to support each other, share the woods w/ each other and get ready for the fight we have coming. If that is antagonize, so be it.................
[/quote]

You are simply wrong on so many levels. You called for a shortening of the archery season why? Just to antagonize archery hunters? It sure seems that way.No legitimate reason exists for that request. Rifle hunting still accounts for a far larger portion of the deer kill than archery per particpant. The best way numbers can be controlled is via antlerless tags. There is no reason to shorten anyones season.

The concern of archery hunters about the effects of adding a weapon to the season is legitimatewhen we havent seen any credible evidence that an increase in either harvest or participation in a state with 300,000+ bowhunters won't cause cries for a shorter season from non archers. Archery season is long for one reason, because in it's present state, it has a low impact on the herd. Much lower proportionally than any other weapon.

Any change in the weaponry that might improve hunter odds could threaten the season length. That question should be adressed before we take an irreversible step.

Like it or not, archers earn the long season by accepting the limitations of the weapon they choose. Pennsylvania archers also earned this longer season by working long and hard tolobby thePGC for the two weeks in November. It is right and reasonable for those of us who worked for this season to not give a warm welcome to someone wanting to bring in a weapon that makes things easier that may well threaten thebenefits ofour hard work.

Your self righteousattitude is especially irritating coming from an outsider. You pay some property taxes, so what! big freakin deal! We live here, pay income tax and every other tax year round and should have more say than an outside weeeknd warrior. If that offends you.... Too bad!

You have the crossgun in your own state. Ohio, I beleive, is shotgun only in the firearm season. How about I demand semi auto rifles in your seasons? How about rifles in your crossbow deer season? How would you likethat?

yet you want to introduce a weapon that already enjoys a season anywhere from 4 weeks up to up to almost 4 months in this state?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:36 AM

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Your self righteousattitude is especially irritating coming from an outsider. You pay some property taxes, so what! big freakin deal! We live here, pay income tax and every other tax year round and should have more say than an outside weeeknd warrior. If that offends you.... Too bad!

[/quote]ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Plenty of guys on here from other states that hunt PA. Are you saying they shouldnt be able to vote?

If you hunt PA thanks for your vote. If you don't, why would you bother voting just to "skew things up" ?
[/quote]

I guess when it is for ones agenda it is allright to vote if it is with ones agreement. If it is against ones agendas,Then your vote or opinion means nothing and should keep quiet.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

Plenty of guys on here from other states that hunt PA. Are you saying they shouldnt be able to vote?

If you hunt PA thanks for your vote. If you don't, why would you bother voting just to "skew things up" ?
[/quote]

I guess when it is for ones agenda it is allright to vote if it is with ones agreement. If it is against ones agendas,Then your vote or opinion means nothing and should keep quiet.
[/quote]

Totally different situation EJ. You admitted to voting a poll just to interfere. Something that seems pretty consistent with your posts as well.

What I said to BH1 was that residents views should carry more weight. Not that NR have NO say at all. You were actually the one who said NR's shouldn't have a voice concerning AR's on my poll.

BTW, some of your posts are almost illiterate while the one above is much more eloquently worded. Interesting........the troll detector seems to be warming up.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope it's pointed at you BTB! Troll detector....................
Old 01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

bowtruck. I hope I didn't offend you? I was just want to understand better, you and others.About the need forlegalizing crossbows. Just trying to get a better veiw from the other side of the fence.
but the more people complain how easy they are they say well there heavy,they dontshoot farther,there noisy,Then they end with i dont

in archery i dont like anymore STINK than i am putting up with now,yes, i do like area to myself but i never chased anyone but they do to me.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

in archery i dont like anymore STINK than i am putting up with now,yes, i do like area to myself but i never chased anyone but they do to me.

sproul you not liking STINK or anymore stink shouldnt have anything to
on if xbows should be legal or not
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

sproul you not liking STINK or anymore stink shouldnt have anything to
on if xbows should be legal or not

this year in gun season, i had 9 new jersey hunters around me in tresstands, 9,unreal.

now,in archery in same spot i only have 1 or 2 .

add in crossbow, and i bet 1 or 2 more.

THERE GOES MY HUNTING.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats the problem with public land but still shouldnt have decion on wether xbows should be legal or not

Quick Reply: pa crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.