Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa crossbow

Old 01-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa crossbow

i guess we will have to wait till the votes come in and beor[:@]
Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

Yep, I already been collaborating w/ him and his questions. I am wondering if he's one of you all that are so vehemntly gainst the Crossbow. But his question was a gooder, and I hope I answered it to his liking and understanding. This is a good bru ha-ha coming to PA. The only winners as usual will be the Anti[s, as you will need the Xbow vote to get the numbers to defeat their agenda as outlined in previous posts. So does winning this against a hunter make you a winner?

buck, i go to lot of meeting,bear check stations, many opportunities for ANTIS to show up.

not 1 time did i ever see ANTI get up and talk.

they must be secret organization.

i think this ANTI thing is overblown.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

i guess we will have to wait till the votes come in and beor[:@]
i will be there,unless weather gets bad or wife at last minute does not want to go.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't make itto Harrisburgfor sure. I have responses from one commisioner who took the time to respond to my emails regarding expansion of XBow hunting. He is on records as against and i do not beleive he will be turned. his thoughts were make a Xbow seasona and add a fee for that season, shorten for a couple years the arch season until you see what the Xbow impact is or don't change a thing.
Because of the constant hunting pressure by sportsmen in PA, I am for a shortened bow seasonby 2-3 weeks. I think it will be positive for deer nimbers and lower the kill rate in the over harvested or low deer population areas. That I beleive will be fair to all the hnters as we are working 'together' to increase deer populations in areas that need help. It makes all sportsman equal in terms of hunting opportunitites, instead of the priviledged few that do not want to share the woods w/ other types of weapons hunting. Ater all bow hunting can be done in any season so it is in actuality the longest season. You still have bow only so your needs are catered to and you don't have to worrry abouthe Xbow factor invading your woods. That is what am recommending for all , just not a priviledged few!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't make itto Harrisburgfor sure. I have responses from one commisioner who took the time to respond to my emails regarding expansion of XBow hunting. He is on records as against and i do not beleive he will be turned. his thoughts were make a Xbow seasona and add a fee for that season, shorten for a couple years the arch season until you see what the Xbow impact is or don't change a thing.
Because of the constant hunting pressure by sportsmen in PA, I am for a shortened bow seasonby 2-3 weeks. I think it will be positive for deer nimbers and lower the kill rate in the over harvested or low deer population areas. That I beleive will be fair to all the hnters as we are working 'together' to increase deer populations in areas that need help. It makes all sportsman equal in terms of hunting opportunitites, instead of the priviledged few that do not want to share the woods w/ other types of weapons hunting. Ater all bow hunting can be done in any season so it is in actuality the longest season. You still have bow only so your needs are catered to and you don't have to worrry abouthe Xbow factor invading your woods. That is what am recommending for all , just not a priviledged few!
do to lacK of deer in wmu2g, its very hard to get buck in archery, i only hunt buck and on SFL do to very few doe left.

throw in a lot of hunters with crossbows, almost impossible to get buck with pressure, they will become very noc-turnal, they already are do to early in-line season.[:@]

just to much hunting going on in wmu2g in archery to add more pressure to few deer that are left.

it took me 4 weeks to get a look at buck i was after in archery.

this was do to hunters stinking up place where i hunt SCOUTINGfor in-line season,YOU JUST CANT HUNT WITH ALL THAT STINK IN WOODS IN ARCHERY.

gun season, it does not matter as much as deer are pushed more by crews ,so you will see deer.

i dont hate a crossbow, i hate all new hunters stinking up woods in archery and ones that think they are GUN and can shoot 60 yds .

sadly, the ethical hunters are good people,they dont go into your area and stink it up,they shoot under 30 yds, they practice, they tune, they are great people, its all these other STINKIN UP YOUR AREA 60 YD HUNTERS THAT GET ME MAD.[:@]
Old 01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats b/s the bow seson is short enough and there not the only ones in
the woods you get only 2 weeks or so archry only then you get
junior/seniors out with guns then inlines for aweek small game
fall turkeys they crame everything in with bow now!
Priviledged few get a bow and go out and be privileged
myself i like the crossbow in with bows i think the bumblin fools
that think bow hunters are privileged will quit even with crossbows
because it still not as easy as the rifle slaughter fest
Old 01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

Thats b/s the bow seson is short enough and there not the only ones in
the woods you get only 2 weeks or so archry only then you get
junior/seniors out with guns then inlines for aweek small game
fall turkeys they crame everything in with bow now!
Priviledged few get a bow and go out and be privileged
myself i like the crossbow in with bows i think the bumblin fools
that think bow hunters are privileged will quit even with crossbows
I DONT NEED TO KILL A BUCK TO HAVE FUN IN ARCHERY.

but you are right,in-line scouting and season in oct has ruined my area,too many stinkin up area ,now add more with crossbow, ugh, i dont want to see that.[:@]
Old 01-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

bowtruck
think bow hunters are privileged will quit even with crossbows
I agree 100 % w/that statement.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckhunter..you said a mouthfull, and you said before that fears of shortened seasons were unwarranted, but now you are asking for that very thing.
I am reaffirmed. Stick your x-guns.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

bowtruck
think bow hunters are privileged will quit even with crossbows
I agree 100 % w/that statement.
actually what i am hearing at range and bow shops, i go to 2 is MOST of compound hunters are going to buy a CROSSBOW.

so, they got 600 in their compounds and going to give it up to buy a crossbow for 600.

those same archers told me a year ago they would still keep their compounds, nope they are getting rid of them for crossbow.

Quick Reply: pa crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.