Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Banned

Default WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

Was looking at Minnesota and their wildlife management. It was quite eye-opening as is often the case when seeing other states management for the first time compared to Pa's.

Minnesota actually CARES what their hunters think!! Imagine that!

They also have HUNDREDS of units of management and ask for hunter input on their deer management!!

Here is a link to a survey thathunters were asked togive their input. You look at those questions and ask yourself if you think PA game commission would ever ask us or want to know these things! They REALLY want to know what their hunters think about the deer herd!!! About the hunter satisfaction and they ask THOUROUGHLY. They also ask about satisfaction with the agency!

Here is a link to one sections poll (have individual polls for different sections, but ask the same questions) this section is a several unit segment of the state. One unit, 240, has estimated 42 dpsm prefawning or "post season". That is more than any wmu in Pennsylvania. Is their goal reduction as suggested by Minnesota biologists? Nope. "Stay the same" is the goal. And the goal is to increase or stabilize all the lower dd wmus as well.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/deer/dgs/central2.html
Old 01-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

How bout Wisconsin?Are the treehuggers running the show there as well?It seems like someone wants alot less deer in that state.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Default RE: WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

Don't like my link doug? I think its very interesting. And deer numbers alone werent the point. The agency, unlike Pa, actually CARE what hunters think, and that link shows those boys have their heads on straight.

And although deer numbers werentthe point,it should be pointed out that Minnesota biologists agreed that the deer density in units throughout minnesota could have 42 or even more deer psm postseason. But here in Pa, according to pgc, our number in the BEST AREAS of the state arent permitted to be that high, and considering ongoing eradication, willnever be even close.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Banned

You can see that wisconsin also has better wmu structure than Pa...With HUNDREDS of them: http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/HUNT/DEER/dmu.htm

They also have 1.7 million deer estimate for 2008. Compare to Pas fraction of that, which remains unknown because we arent allowed to know orspeak of the estimate!

Are tree huggers pushing for less deer in other states? Well I wouldnt imagine Pennsylvania is the only one in that regard. That would be naive to think that the case. I do know that many states ignore them, perhaps not all. But many states dont take their herds to rock bottom minimums at their request.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:02 AM

But,But,But What about awww ummmm you know that one state awww, Help me someone please,I am desperate for an answer here. OK, it is because MN is so close to Canada and the deer travel over the ice to eat where the browse is so much better. That is the only logical answer that will be accepted by the PGC and supporters.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

Also on the minnesota website are survey result from other hunter satisfaction poll taken in 2005. SEVENTY SIX PERCENT!!! Of Minnesota hunters polled rated their hunting season as.....VERY satisfied!!

Guess that is what you get with GREAT hunter/wildlife mangement agency relations and proper game management.

Compare to Pa where the deer are considered by pgc as a fourth rate species, and the only questions asked by pgc are when are the hunters gonna shut up, and when are we gonna get a fee increase.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

How bout Wisconsin?Are the treehuggers running the show there as well?It seems like someone wants alot less deer in that state.
yes they do douge, they are ruining that state.[:@]

want to talk to hunter from there.

he is honest as h , just like me and will tell you like it was and what is.he is on the BLACKPOWDER FORUM under name CAYUGAD

he has same complaint as me, hunters like you LEGALLY being able to harvest 6 or more deer when deer numbers are so few and so many hunters that dont even see a deer let alone get one.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

You can see that wisconsin also has better wmu structure than Pa...With HUNDREDS of them: http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/HUNT/DEER/dmu.htm

They also have 1.7 million deer estimate for 2008. Compare to Pas fraction of that, which remains unknown because we arent allowed to know orspeak of the estimate!

Are tree huggers pushing for less deer in other states? Well I wouldnt imagine Pennsylvania is the only one in that regard. That would be naive to think that the case. I do know that many states ignore them, perhaps not all. But many states dont take their herds to rock bottom minimums at their request.

I AM SEEING more THAN EVER BEFORE NON-HUNTERS or as you say treehuggers in our sportsmans clubs.

they are also naming clubs as ENVIRONMENTAL CLUBS,not sportsmans clubs.

most dont care for hunting and a lot do belong to PETA/SIRREA CLUBS TOO.

clubs are doing this because they are just like state of pa.LOOKING FOR MORE MEMBERS THAT CAN PAY.

plus they are getting money for doing this from the rendell/debernadius boys in harrisburg.

future is going to be HIKING/CANOEING/BIRDWATCHING/ATV/,even fishing is getting boot now.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

Just found another interesting fact....

Ive pointed out how far ahead of us Minnesota is with their management, and how much better they treat the state hunters and they don't have a rediculous blanket management system...All the while, Pa is screwing over its hunters and treating them like third rate crap...getting sued, prevented a license increase, getting audited, etc. Then had hunter numbers declining at over double the national average from 2001 to 2006....then have the gall to ask how can they improve hunter recruitment and keep the hunters we have.

All the while Minnesota, who has implemented simple COMMON SENSE hunter satisfaction tactics, has had its license sales INCREASING over the last decade!!

http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/index.php/2008/09/02/gov-pawlenty-proclaims-sept-15-21-hunting-heritage-week/

"In 2007, 579,000 hunters purchased 825,000 deer hunting licenses, 100,000 duck stamps, and 125,000 pheasant stamps. The state’s hunting heritage continues to be strong and unlike many states, Minnesota has actually seen an increase in hunting license sales over the past decade."

Old 01-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

New Jersey has never and will never care for us hunters

Quick Reply: WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.