Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default RE: WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

Someone is happy. It was just in the PONs. Erie insurance claims were down 21% from deer accidents. Someones ears were open when this HR/AR program began 7 yrs back. Look the bottom line is this insurance Co.s are supposed to make money not lose it.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WOW! Treehuggers dont run the show in other states like they do in Pa!!

From what I have seen the last couple of years the dcnr has promoted atv and snowmobile riding alot more then hunting.I'd still bet on an economic scale hunting boosts the economy double of the snowmobile and atv hobby.Yet it seems to be ignored.
Sort of off subject but this year I saw double the amount of snowmobilers using a large sgl then hunters.Not many deer hunters using that land but sure was a boatload of snowmobilers.Can't blame the hunters for not using it cause I sure wouldn't.Maybe it's time for the public users to pitch in for the uses of sgl's.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sort of off subject but this year I saw double the amount of snowmobilers using a large sgl then hunters.Not many deer hunters using that land but sure was a boatload of snowmobilers.Can't blame the hunters for not using it cause I sure wouldn't.Maybe it's time for the public users to pitch in for the uses of sgl's.

i think you are right but atvs and snowmobiles have to buy tagsfor them now so they kinda do
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

i think you are right but atvs and snowmobiles have to buy tagsfor them now so they kinda do

hunting could be thing that most will only do on occasion.

we see it at our club .

5 to 1 on hunters vrs the hikers,atv,birdwatchers,eco weenies.

has not the eco-weenies invaded our commissioners?

they are not hunters.

you can see what is happening and the DCNR would be happy to see hunters leave woods after the deer were gone.

until then, they tolerate us in woods as most are doing their DOE KILLING and cost them no money.