Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

walkin in my woods

Old 01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: walkin in my woods

sproul the bradford co area has took a hit from hr but my land i set how many doe gets killed
and several of the other landowners dont allow or only shoot so many doe i am lucky to have decent
hunting still but i do know alot of other areas around bradford co that are not as lucky i know a guy
who has 600 acres and saw 1 doe last yr but thereare alot of meat hunters that shot every doe
they could find a tag for . for along time they did it that way
Old 01-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

But they couldn't have killed all those doe unless the PGC issued the tags. don't blame the hunters for doing what the PGC experts ask them to do.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Landowner management is getting to be more and more important and it sounds like you've got a handle on it Bowtruck.Most hunters agree that the WMU's are too big and landowner involvement is the best way to handle it.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately even landowners that own huge parcels of land can't escape the effects of HR. i know of a club that owns 2 SM of land and their buck harvest dropped from 12-14 buck /yr. to 4 buck in 2008. This club manages their land strictly for the production of quality deer and their harvest rate is only slightly better than the worst WMU in the state.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

here we go again

Old 01-17-2009, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

NY, east of Lake Ontario, the only way you can walk the woods is with a real good pair of snowshoes. We just got blasted with 2 1/2ft snow yesterday, thats ontop of the 3ft alreadly had!! The deer around my place use 1 main trail along the edge of a pond, through a thick hemlock woods. They bed anyplace along its edge. But I've been seeing a steady herd of around dozen deer. They go to some corn thats available for them all winter long. The deep snow, and below zero temps makes you wonder how they can survive at all around here. They're definitly amazing animals.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

sproul the bradford co area has took a hit from hr but my land i set how many doe gets killed
and several of the other landowners dont allow or only shoot so many doe i am lucky to have decent
hunting still but i do know alot of other areas around bradford co that are not as lucky i know a guy
who has 600 acres and saw 1 doe last yr but thereare alot of meat hunters that shot every doe
they could find a tag for . for along time they did it that way
I KNOW GUY IN CLEARFIELD WHO DOES SAME THING, I WONDER IF HE HUNTS IN BRADFORD TOO
Old 01-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

But they couldn't have killed all those doe unless the PGC issued the tags. don't blame the hunters for doing what the PGC experts ask them to do.
BLUE....BIRD, NO ,YOU ARE WRONG.

its hunters themselves,have to get meat ahead of you or me.

many of us dont kill doe where they are few.

there are 9 of us that dont do it in clinton county i hunt with.

if we did, that would be 9 less doe left each year.

9 crews came thru my area and killed 1 buck and 1 doe,9 crews of at least 8 hunters a crew.

1 crew had 20 and never saw deer that day.
they got 4 buck and 3 doe for 2 weeks of hunting.

yes, they issue tags and these meat hungry hunters that kill 3/6 deer in areas of few deer are disgusting.

PGC /DCNRis behind it all with all tags they issue in counties with few deer.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those crews couldn't have killed those doe if the PGC didn't issue the tags. Apparently those crews don't agree with your assessment of the state of the herd. They found deer to harvest and they apparently enjoyed the hunt ,so while you may disagree,you seem to be greatly out numbered by all the guys in those crews.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Those crews couldn't have killed those doe if the PGC didn't issue the tags. Apparently those crews don't agree with your assessment of the state of the herd. They found deer to harvest and they apparently enjoyed the hunt ,so while you may disagree,you seem to be greatly out numbered by all the guys in those crews.

oh yes, i am outnumbered,so much that i even had threatening call to my home 5 years ago when i spoke at school onhr.

we were also booed by the farmers and dcnr brownosers that came from elk county to stick up for the hr plan.

even 1 of our members that was to speak went outside like a little scared rat,he said,oh its all cut and dried,no i said, you are coward.[:@]

Quick Reply: walkin in my woods

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.