Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

TORE INTO THE TROUT!!! How did you do?

Old 04-14-2003, 08:38 PM

Default RE: TORE INTO THE TROUT!!! How did you do?

Let me tell you, because of the rain, it threw everything off. The streams were all high and seems that the weather threw everything off. Nobody was doing anything locally. Hopefully, after the good weather it will be great like usual.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last night....caught & released 3 ' bows. I fished for less than an hour and only hit a small section of stream. I imagine I could have easily caught a limit if I would have fished more of the stream.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I take it that noone has had any concerns over what happened last season with the stocked fish.
I am guessing you meant the " PCB" levels (not sure if that was the correct chemical or not but I know what you mean). As of the last time I checked there was still a one fish per week or one fish per month limit in terms of consumption in certain areas of the state. I have yet to eat any of the trout that I caught so I am not really concerned myself. I mostly catch and release the fish unless it is something really special.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-16-2003, 06:00 PM

I fished Clover Ck. in Blair county. Caught 11. 2 right off the bat on worms and 9 with spinners. Pretty good day, the water was high and swift, but fairly clear.

I released all the fish. I rarely keep any trout. If you guys are in it for some fish to eat, go to a stream loaded with native brookies, those little buggers are the best eating you can find!

PBB
Old 04-17-2003, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhtr, that be it, didn' t want to just blurt it out and start something. By this time last year, that' s pretty much what most were talking about .
Old 04-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was not sure about the acronym for it as most of my info on it came from two years ago. I assume it is still a concern though not as much as in recent years. I am heading out to Leaser Lake (northwest Lehigh county) tomorrow morning if it does not rain. Hopefully I will have some luck there.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

i went out tuesday after school with some friends to the sewage creek..he claims he caught 3 in one pond made by a dam in the creek monday...my one friend says he caught one but i think he found it floating or someone gave it to him because nobody seen him catch it..he just grabs a fish and says look guys!...and hes not much of a fishermen...we went back tuesday i caught one then i missed one in the pond on crawlers on the bottom...they follow lures un but no takers..they are pressured hard..then i got one of my other friends to walk about a mile and a half or so to the other side of the lake the creek runs into so i could fish the other side of the creek...get to a little run and watched on rise and sip a bug..i was like YES your mine! thros my black rooster tail into the current and it pulls it right towards the fish..i start to reel slowly..BAM! he nailed it!..i took 2 bows home that day bout about 10-11 inchers..me and the one kid that drives are goin back today with anohter kid we know that is supposedly a decint fisher so we wont have to babysit like we did the last 2 times...my one friend that drives us did catch one on a salted minnow in the creek that day..i did decint...i had the most fish of anyone i seen...normally i dont keep any but my friends wife wants some fresh fish and asked my dad if he can catch her some and he said we would..and tis is a total put and take stream and if i dont keep it someone else will and i know it wont goto waste so i dont feel bad at all...hopefully today i can pull a few out of the creek before i sit on the pond...they are supposedly stocking it today or sometime during this week they did..i heard they stocked another creek in the area thursday..but who knows when they are doing it..