Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA hunting

Old 01-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Banned

Default RE: PA hunting

Btbowhunter, comparing the effect on hunter satisfaction and benefits of less tags and smaller wmus to "being able to jump into the truck with ol joe and not having to look and see what wmu I have a tag for" it like comparing a mountain and a mole-hill. [:'(]

The scale doesnt quite level out there bro.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Confused

Thanks for the responses that were on topic. It would seem to be a good idea to attempt to find some common ground-something that many of us can agree on.

I like pizza and beer.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

I too like pizza, beer is ok, and I'll take a side order of 15,000 less doe tags in my wmuplease!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I too like pizza, beer is ok, and I'll take a side order of 15,000 less doe tags in my wmuplease!
Served to us by a pretty woman and I think we're onto something.[:-]
Old 01-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the responses that were on topic. It would seem to be a good idea to attempt to find some common ground-something that many of us can agree on.
If the history of this and several other message boards where PA hunters are involved...good luck finding common ground. Right or wrong there seems to be far too much division already and no one willing to compromise. The days of yesteryear are long gone and never coming back. Once a person can grasp that concept we can move on, but far too many cannot get over that point. So at this point the focus needs to be where to go from here rather than desperately trying to turn back the clock. A lot of the "right" answers for the deer and means for wildlife management aren't the answers that hunters want to hear.Smaller units-can't do that, too complex. Bigger units-can't do that, it doesn't work. Longer seasons-can'tdo that, we'll kill all the deer. Shorter seasons-can'tdo that I want to hunt. AR's-can'tdo that, I want to shoot my spiker No AR's-Hey where all the big bucks go? License hike-can't do that,there's no game to hunt.PGC needs to stop poachers-can'tdo that, they have no money to pay more officers.

And on it goes.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

Some of us apparently DONT WANT answers because they work with or closely with pgc. Aside from pgc and some ecofruitcakes THE HUNTERS WANT CHANGES. No division. The huge majority want some common things....More deer where they can be. Smaller wmus... The numbers of deer increases may be debatable, but unreasonable to think a happy medium COULDNT be implemented.

The "right" answer for the deer is not ONLY what is currently being done, and from a hunters perspective it is about the worst.

Dont insult our intelligence by telling us we must stick with the worst scenario because we cant make EVERYONE happy! (LOL) that rediculous.

Smaller wmus are no problem at all. Its is done in other states (gasp!) and somehow they manage it!...and the management is far better and hunters happier there (or just about ANYWHERE) than they are in Pa.

You cut the tags and there are no maleffects as long as the worse areas arent permitted to be increase. Put the deer where the deer can be.

Many arent pushing for 1.6 million deer. Just a better situation and more deer where they can be, and that is somewhere between where we are statewide now and where we were before.

And for those who think its impossible to get pgc to do so, I beg to differ. PGc is in financial dire situation. They cannot remain pig-headed catering to ecofools much longer as long as legislators keep looking out for us and prevent the license fee increase until responsible changes are made.

The problem isnt the ones wanting more deer. Its idiots at pgc who have no desire to take hunters into consideration at all and are COMPLETELY inflexible, and even though there are as many managemet schemes across the country as there are states with whitetails, they seem to want us to beleive every single thing HAS TO BE EXACTLY AS IT IS NOW...And thats pure bologna!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Starting with pizza and beer might be a great way to start! I like the Hooters styled service as well, but those of us that are married might end up with bigger problems than more/less deer!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Banned

Maybe one less "dear".
Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Btbowhunter, comparing the effect on hunter satisfaction and benefits of less tags and smaller wmus to "being able to jump into the truck with ol joe and not having to look and see what wmu I have a tag for" it like comparing a mountain and a mole-hill. [:'(]

The scale doesnt quite level out there bro.
Thats your opinion. I was trying to give an example in a non confrontational way. Maybe it wasn't a perfect example.

The point was that we, as deer hunters, don't like to have our traditions disrupted. None of us do. On that level, it's not a molehill to those hunters.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe one less "dear".
Assuming that you're talking about one deaddear....

Now there's some common ground!!!!

Quick Reply: PA hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.