Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA hunting

Old 01-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA hunting

Geeze bb.I guess fawn breeding rates are only important when they fit your agenda
Fawn breeding rates are not important to me at all ,since as I pointed out those breeding are mainly controlled by conditions the PGC doesn't control.
n any event,the answer is simple,The habitat is very poor accross much of 2G.Fawn recruitment is very bad in many places.
There is twice as much food/deer as there was 10 years ago in 2G, yet you claim the habitat and recruitment is still poor. WMU 2G is the best managed WMU in the state according to PGC stats, but after over 10 years of HR , the plan has failed to produce the predicted results.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep,likeyou've been tolda million times,once the habitat gets degraded to a certain point,it takes far less deer to continue to impact it.It is turning around though.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are very good at dodging the questions ,but you aren't very good at providing answers. The deer now have at least twice as much food as they did 10 years ago , yet breeding rates, recruitment and the habitat has not improved ,but you can't explain why. Could it be ,because you don't know what you are talking about?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

You are very good at dodging the questions ,but you aren't very good at providing answers. The deer now have at least twice as much food as they did 10 years ago , yet breeding rates, recruitment and the habitat has not improved ,but you can't explain why. Could it be ,because you don't know what you are talking about?
Can you provide us with the documentation for your claim that deer now have at least twice as much food as 10 years ago?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

At it again eh btb?.... Does it really matter if there is twice as much?...Or 3 times as much.....Or 1.5 times as much??

No it doesnt. But you are trying to cloud the issue that there IS more food, yet breeding rates etc. DIDNT improve.

Some reason you want to see this plan continue wether its successful or not, as long as we have less deer and more trillium and hobblebush?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you provide us with the documentation for your claim that deer now have at least twice as much food as 10 years ago?
If you have trouble understanding that reducing the herd by 50% ,doubles the amount food/deer , I doubt that you'd understand any documentation I might provide.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have trouble understanding that reducing the herd by 50% ,doubles the amount food/deer , I doubt that you'd understand any documentation I might provide.
See thats where your lack of understanding of deer and their habitat shows. The browse supply is notlike a grain bin. Regeneration of the forest browse is not goingto double that fast even if your 50% numbers were supported by the facts which is also not the case.

Again, You make outrageous claims without documenting them or by twisting the real facts into your own version. I'm simply giving you the chance to back up what you say.

One more time, Please supply the supporting documentation for your claim that the food supply has doubled or that the herd has been reduced by 50%.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

See thats where your lack of understanding of deer and their habitat shows. The browse supply is not like a grain bin. Regeneration of the forest browse is not going to double that fast even if your 50% numbers were supported by the facts which is also not the case.
Once again you demonstrated your total ignorance of habitat and deer management issues. If the habitat in an area supported 20 DPSM and 10 years later there are only 10 DPSM the habitat doesn't have to improve at all in order for the amount of food/deer to double. Simply cutting the herd in half doubles the available food supply.
One more time, Please supply the supporting documentation for your claim that the food supply has doubled or that the herd has been reduced by 50%.

I'm not about to provide any documentation for a clown that calls me a blXXjob!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Yep,likeyou've been tolda million times,once the habitat gets degraded to a certain point,it takes far less deer to continue to impact it.It is turning around though.
turning around will not turn around the number of doe killed .

i would very seldom respond to you if it was 1 DEER AND YOUR DONE in wmu2g.

this is not hunting i am seeing, its filling freezer with 6 dollar tags.

i just got contacted on what i am for or against for meeting coming up in harrisburg.

i said, NO TO CROSSBOWS in archery,NO TO IN-LINE /GUN SEASON IN OCT,AR FOR ALL OF US,1 DEER AND YOUR DONE IN WMU2G,NO -INLINES IN LATE SEASON.

rep hanna was nice enough to ask what i feel ,i did but i dont believe it will matter.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

See thats where your lack of understanding of deer and their habitat shows. The browse supply is notlike a grain bin. Regeneration of the forest browse is not goingto double that fast even if your 50% numbers were supported by the facts which is also not the case.
Once again you demonstrated your total ignorance of habitat and deer management issues. If the habitat in an area supported 20 DPSM and 10 years later there are only 10 DPSM the habitat doesn't have to improve at all in order for the amount of food/deer to double. Simply cutting the herd in half doubles the available food supply.

I'm not about to provide any documentation for a clown that calls me a blXXjob!
Dodging the subject wont change the facts. You simply have nothing to back up what you say but your own warped opinion. To which you are entitled, by the way,warped ornot.

Why noy simply admit that it's merely your opinion and then there'd beno need for proof???

Quick Reply: PA hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.