Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA hunting

Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA hunting

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

ok bluejob i will bite the hook what do you think the true carrying capacity is in
dpsm for the whole state not just ur little woods
Based on the PGC data on breeding rates and productivity, it is over 36 DPSM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

bb how much over 36 dpsm
How long could the carrying capacity of over 36 dpsm be held without habitat
going downhill and that number is for the whole state?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

bb how much over 36 dpsm

That remains to be determined. We never had more than 36 DPSM as statewide average.
That would depend on the composition of the habitat in any given WMU.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

bb how much over 36 dpsm

That remains to be determined. We never had more than 36 DPSM as statewide average.
That would depend on the composition of the habitat in any given WMU.

bb you say it is simple but then you give
that remains to be determined and
that would depend
so what is the all knowing decision
Old 01-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

BB:
How in the ever livin he!! can you base your opinions (giving the fact that you hate the PGC) on the PGC data on breeding rates and productivity???????Im not bustin your stones or nothing but,,,,you have contradicted everything for the last 3 years that the PGC and R.S.B. has tried to tell ya!??
Old 01-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

Rsb is an extremist in his views. He doesnt speak in any way for the biologists at pgc. Rsb doesnt agree with pgc data. His position is above and beyond anything pgc has documented. He doesnt believe the deer herd is low enough where pgc has stated it is and their goals are stabilization and he doesnt agree with the health assessments of herd and habitat. His views are much closer to the naturalists at audubon and other extremely anti-deer groups that want even far fewer than pgc thinks necessary. And considering howanti-deer pgc is these days,that is saying something to go above and beyond!

As for using pgc data, If you use pgc data to disprove the plan then the guys who believe it to be gospel have no excuse. And if you dont believe that data, then it matters not, since you are basically agreeing that the plan is based on either flawed "science" or none at all.

Pgcs own data doesnt support the plan.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

bluetwist do you have the answer you said was simple
Old 01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rem700man

BB:
How in the ever livin he!! can you base your opinions (giving the fact that you hate the PGC) on the PGC data on breeding rates and productivity???????Im not bustin your stones or nothing but,,,,you have contradicted everything for the last 3 years that the PGC and R.S.B. has tried to tell ya!??
I do not hate the PGC, but I do disagree with the current deer management plan. The PGC has done some very good things over the years and I have a lot of respect for many PGC employees including WCOs and deputies. Furthermore, I think Dr. Rosenberry is a nice guy who was paced in a bad situation by the lies Alt told to sell the plan.

Unlike many who support the plan, I never questioned the breeding rate data, productivity or harvest data. I have yet to find a case where there is a rational reason for questioning that data or any indication they manipulated the data. However, they may present the data in a way that makes them look good or they may misrepresent what the data shows. Instead they reported that breeding rates and productivity decreased when they were predicted to increase. they reported that the 2.5 buck harvest in 2007 was less than in 2002 even though Alt claimed ARs would double the number of 2.5+ buck. They also admitted that only 2% of the buck harvested were 3.5 buck even though they tried to disguise it.

So you see I did not contradict everything the PGC has told me, but their own data contradicts what they had predicted.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rsb is an extremist in his views.
Thats rather amusing coming from you. Most here have expresssed some degree of concern for the effects of HR and RSB has patiently provided explanation for some of the concerns expressed here. All you have provided here is your opinion of the situation in your WMU. Of course you typically have to yell it in your posts. Maybe you didn't know that all caps or all bold type is considered yelling on the internet but I suspect you knew that. You complain from the WMU that has one of the highest if not the highest deer densities in the state.

Sorry Cornelius, but you are the extremist here not RSB.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do not hate the PGC, but I do disagree with the current deer management plan. The PGC has done some very good things over the years and I have a lot of respect for many PGC employees including WCOs and deputies. Furthermore, I think Dr. Rosenberry is a nice guy who was paced in a bad situation by the lies Alt told to sell the plan.
Newsflash Blueboy! Alt has been gone for years!

Jimmy Carter was a lousy president too! Neither has relevance here any more yet you keepbeating thedeead horse about a guy who's no longer around

Quick Reply: PA hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.