Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

ORIGINAL: petropedro

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's. I could move to WV tomorrow and and then try to use them to prove residency in PA. Would a Trooper accept a copy of your DL because you were afraid of losing your wallet?

I wonder whats going to happen when we no longer have to display our license? If guys dont want to take thier wallet in the woods now what are they going to do then?
there is nothing you can really do about it. call the police to verify the info? i never carry any other id while hunting. i am not loosing it to be found by someone else. you are not going to put someone in jail over it. so again,there is nothing you can do other than give a citation. troopers run id thru ssn to verify who you areif you don't have id on you also.

looks like you are going to accept it and be content with it. i mean what else can you do? can't arrest us without justification of not having a second form of id? lets not forget that you all are just animal cops. nothing more.

no i don't accept copies of id. what a joke
Your right I am not going to arrest you and haul you in for not having current ID. However once I am satisfied you are who you say you are I will issue you a citation for the violation. But hunt or drive under the influnce , assualt an officer or commit a misdemeanor or fealonyin a WCO's presence and see if he can arrest you.
that is why animal police are not liked. they think they have the power and are above the law of the land. all i have to say is dont violate any of my rights,and we wont have a problem. now will we?
I have never violated anyones constitutional rights provided by law. to do so opens me up for a lawsuit.

As long as you dont violate the law we would never have a problem. And even then it isnt a problem for me, I dont take violations personal I just do my job when I encounter them.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's. I could move to WV tomorrow and and then try to use them to prove residency in PA. Would a Trooper accept a copy of your DL because you were afraid of losing your wallet?

I wonder whats going to happen when we no longer have to display our license? If guys dont want to take thier wallet in the woods now what are they going to do then?
there is nothing you can really do about it. call the police to verify the info? i never carry any other id while hunting. i am not loosing it to be found by someone else. you are not going to put someone in jail over it. so again,there is nothing you can do other than give a citation. troopers run id thru ssn to verify who you areif you don't have id on you also.

looks like you are going to accept it and be content with it. i mean what else can you do? can't arrest us without justification of not having a second form of id? lets not forget that you all are just animal cops. nothing more.

Your right I am not going to arrest you and haul you in for not having current ID. However once I am satisfied you are who you say you are I will issue you a citation for the violation. But hunt or drive under the influnce , assualt an officer or commit a misdemeanor or fealonyin a WCO's presence and see if he can arrest you.

also, i am not trying to get something going here BUT a lot of us are doing this.

WILL YOU ISSUE A CITATION FOR HUNTER THAT HAS COPY OF HIS PICTURED DRIVERS LICENSE IN HIS HUNTING LICENSE HOLDER.

i know you said you wont accept it but does that mean a hunter will be cited by you for not having ORIGINALid on him/her
Old 01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sproulman

also, i am not trying to get something going here BUT a lot of us are doing this.

WILL YOU ISSUE A CITATION FOR HUNTER THAT HAS COPY OF HIS PICTURED DRIVERS LICENSE IN HIS HUNTING LICENSE HOLDER.

i know you said you wont accept it but does that mean a hunter will be cited by you for not having ORIGINALid on him/her

Not necessarily it depends on the circumstances. If that is the only violation chances are it would be a warning.
However I am still going to want to be satisfied he is still entitled to that license.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

C'mon....I was only debating the issue per my thoughts, not opening a window for WCO bashing. Once the true requirements are figured out, I would hope every sportsman out there would try to comply. Trolling for a fight with a WCO was not my intent.
Let us just figure out what is what, without launching flaming arrows.

I accidently fed the trolls...OOOPSIE![8D]
We don't have many trollss but It doesn't take much to feed the trolls we do have around here. Drop the least little tidbit and BAM!

BTW, That little smilie certainly wasnt directed at you Greg. The particular troll I was referring to doesn't seem to need much to go on.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, That little smilie certainly wasnt directed at you Greg.
Didn't think it was. I did feed them though. I made a bo bo