Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Old 01-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Yea, I see what you mean. I still will not carry anything but a photocopy in my license. I destroy all ID I am not using, and that inlcudes mail, old license etc. Toooo much fraud out there to let it lay around. If they want to see the real thing follow me to my car or camp. livbulks true, true! I am passionate about hunting. I also see both sides, I lived through the introduction of Compounds to pA hunting. Same thing you and I are going w/ here. History repeats itself.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's.
The hunting license was already purchased and verified by photo ID and SS numbers. The only purpose of ID in the field is to verify that you are indeed the person to whom the license was issued. The expired drivers license is a valid photo ID the same as a Photo ID from the DMV. A state trooper will accept an expired DL as identification, just not as a valid driver's license of course.

NOT telling you your job of course...just my thoughts on the issue.
IN FACT, THEY TELL YOU TO HOLD ONTO YOUR OLD LICENSE SO YOU CAN USE IT IF YOU LOSE YOUR NEW ONE.

i think law says you just have to have picture id on you.

A COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSESHOULD BE OK WITH ANY WCO THAT WOULD STOP YOU IF ITS IN DATE.

YOUR RIGHT, YOU ARE ONLY IDENTIFYING YOURSELF WITH A PROVEN PICTURE AND INFO ON IT.

I COULD SEE IF IT ONLY HAD INFO ON IT BUT WITH YOUR PICTURE ON IT TOO, SHOULD BE FINE.

no magistrate is going to let a person be arrested for that one.

i dont think rules state it has to be a ORIGINAL ID in woods hunting.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's. I could move to WV tomorrow and and then try to use them to prove residency in PA. Would a Trooper accept a copy of your DL because you were afraid of losing your wallet?

I wonder whats going to happen when we no longer have to display our license? If guys dont want to take thier wallet in the woods now what are they going to do then?
there is nothing you can really do about it. call the police to verify the info? i never carry any other id while hunting. i am not loosing it to be found by someone else. you are not going to put someone in jail over it. so again,there is nothing you can do other than give a citation. troopers run id thru ssn to verify who you areif you don't have id on you also.

looks like you are going to accept it and be content with it. i mean what else can you do? can't arrest us without justification of not having a second form of id? lets not forget that you all are just animal cops. nothing more.

no i don't accept copies of id. what a joke
Old 01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang it, there goes that Troll alarm again!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

C'mon....I was only debating the issue per my thoughts, not opening a window for WCO bashing. Once the true requirements are figured out, I would hope every sportsman out there would try to comply. Trolling for a fight with a WCO was not my intent.
Let us just figure out what is what, without launching flaming arrows.

I accidently fed the trolls...OOOPSIE![8D]
Old 01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha-ha -ha theyhave full rights ot enter camps w/out knocking. They can arrest you! I'll pay the fine, I ain't taking my wallet only a photpo copy of my ID!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: petropedro

lets not forget that you all are just animal cops. nothing more.

WOW! I am no expert on PA laws or even NY lawsfor that matter but from my understanding they have the same, if not more authoruty then other police angencys in the area.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: livbucks

C'mon....I was only debating the issue per my thoughts, not opening a window for WCO bashing. Once the true requirements are figured out, I would hope every sportsman out there would try to comply. Trolling for a fight with a WCO was not my intent.
Let us just figure out what is what, without launching flaming arrows.

I accidently fed the trolls...OOOPSIE![8D]
Liv, no sweat.

Actually when doing a field check we are also verifying that the license you have is the one your entitled to. I realize that the clerks at the issuing agent have seen your ID but your residency could change and you could be a non resident at the time of the check. There have been lots of people that buy resident tags when not entitled to it.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's. I could move to WV tomorrow and and then try to use them to prove residency in PA. Would a Trooper accept a copy of your DL because you were afraid of losing your wallet?

I wonder whats going to happen when we no longer have to display our license? If guys dont want to take thier wallet in the woods now what are they going to do then?
there is nothing you can really do about it. call the police to verify the info? i never carry any other id while hunting. i am not loosing it to be found by someone else. you are not going to put someone in jail over it. so again,there is nothing you can do other than give a citation. troopers run id thru ssn to verify who you areif you don't have id on you also.

looks like you are going to accept it and be content with it. i mean what else can you do? can't arrest us without justification of not having a second form of id? lets not forget that you all are just animal cops. nothing more.

Your right I am not going to arrest you and haul you in for not having current ID. However once I am satisfied you are who you say you are I will issue you a citation for the violation. But hunt or drive under the influnce , assualt an officer or commit a misdemeanor or fealonyin a WCO's presence and see if he can arrest you.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:25 PM

Your right I am not going to arrest you and haul you in for not having current ID. However once I am satisfied you are who you say you are I will issue you a citation for the violation. But hunt or drive under the influnce , assualt an officer or commit a misdemeanor or fealonyin a WCO's presence and see if he can arrest you.
that is why animal police are not liked. they think they have the power and are above the law of the land. all i have to say is dont violate any of my rights,and we wont have a problem. now will we?

Quick Reply: ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.