Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Regulations??

Owls eat rabbits 365 days /year. How did all those rabbits survive,.If you have as many owls as you claim you have you shouldn't have any rabbits.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Owls eat rabbits 365 days /year. How did all those rabbits survive,.If you have as many owls as you claim you have you shouldn't have any rabbits.
owls eat mice/small rabbits/bugs in summer
OWLS come to myarea in large numbers in feb.

they MATE then.

i had 8 OWLS in my area hooting last feb for 3 days.

normally in summer i only here 1 or 2 hooting and i dont see any DEAD rabbits .

but come WINTER AND feb ,bigtime killing happens on full grown rabbits.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back a few pages it was suggested that the GC wants xbows so all these new archery hunters could shoot does regardless of an antlerless license. The problem with that theory is that an archery hunter still must purchase an antlerless license to take an anlerless deer.
Don't make the xbow argument into a PGC conspiracyin the ongoing deer wars.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, something we can all agree on.

Sorry, but the simple fact is that the PGC is giving people crossbows as a crutch. I agree with BTB, if you want to hunt the best weather, best deer activity, etc., put the time and effort into it, pick up a compound or a recurve and experience what archery is really about.

The PGC is grabbing at straws, trying to convince people to buy a license and get into the woods. What motive do they have other than that?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Wow, something we can all agree on.

Sorry, but the simple fact is that the PGC is giving people crossbows as a crutch. I agree with BTB, if you want to hunt the best weather, best deer activity, etc., put the time and effort into it, pick up a compound or a recurve and experience what archery is really about.

The PGC is grabbing at straws, trying to convince people to buy a license and get into the woods. What motive do they have other than that?
i use my HAWKINS flintlock a lot for buck hunting.

now you have the IN-LINE.

what kills more deer and put more hunters in woods,IN-LINE.

SAME WITH RECURVE/COMPOUND VRS THE CROSSBOW.

more hunters and more lethal

Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Money...from archery stamps and better yet bribes by xbow manufacturers. It isn't about deer...only greenbacks this time.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Money...from archery stamps and better yet bribes by xbow manufacturers. It isn't about deer...only greenbacks this time.

money yes.

also many wantto kill a deer easy way, that is why IN-LINE sales went nuts, now crossbow sales will go nuts.

i know hunters that have thousands in all these new things, more money than they would ever get in venison.

they could buy 50 steers.

i had one that got 30 grouse road hunting.
he did it almost everyday.

he was sitting at bar and said,I GOT ALL THESE GROUSE,I GOT A FREEZER FULL OF MEAT.

i said, well, figuring a little, i guess with gas you paid to get these grouse,you could have bought 90 turkeys.

he looked at me with funniest face you could imagine.

he never looked at it that way.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty hard to rule that one out isnt it?

I've heard that Horton, for one has hosted a lot of VIP trophy hunts to promote the inclusion of the crossbow. The VIP's allegedly are politicians and appointed members of many various states and agencies but lets face it, with 900,000 hunters, PA is the big prize. It would also be a very big first domino for the industry to topple.

Why else would the commisioners vote it in while admitting that they haven't studied the magnitude of the likely effects?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Who was bribed??
Old 01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Politicians get the bribes in the form of junkets and bennies, then they pressure the commissioners.

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.