Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Regulations??

I agree Bowtruck 100%
Old 01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

btb i dont know why they cant
Why who can't do "what"?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

1974 - Muzzleloader deer license created; the fee is $3.25.
1974 - First muzzleloader deer season; 65 deer, including four bucks, were taken. The season was held for three days on 37 state game lands.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=458&q=154066
Old 01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I dont think they belong period. Slow, fast or medium implementation.

They arent bows. We definately don't need added harvest. Dont need LOSS of real bowhunters voice in legislation effecting bowhunters as has happened in ohio, with crossgun toters now the majority of archery season participantsout there.

It also creates a rift among sportsmen that lingers on and on. Its been many years since Ohio implemented them, and still there is great resentment about the issue still today among many ohio archers.

As for anyone who saysthat we just don't want them in the woods... Correct me if Im mistaken, but a man carrying a bow takes up just as much space as one carrying a crossgun. Noone is preventing him from filling that space out there in the autumn woods NOWother than himself.If one would rather sit on the sofa instead of in the woods because crossbows arent legal, then no, they do NOT deserve an additional 6 weeks afield in the nicest time of year. Put in the time and dedication and do it the right way. Dont beg for provisions to be made for cheap shortcuts.

I also disagree with the inital onslaught of xgun buyers then decline. Exactly the opposite occurred in ohio. Long gradual increase. Many will run out at first, then after the shock has worn off and some of the unacceptance wanes, slowly others follow suit in picking them up. Also more and more get "experience" with them by hearing stories from friends using them... Maybe Shooting abuddies crossgun....Lots of more affordable "used" xbowsfor first time buyers become commonplace..etc.

I don't think we would come close to seeing the full extent of how many would pick up the weapon until at least 8-10 years or so in.
right now you can use CROSSBOW IN gun season and muzzleloader season.

that should be enough.

let the recurve and compound hunters have their season as it is now.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

not denigrating gun hunters i am one but they have same opps to go out in archery
how can they complain
For the same reason bow hunters are complaining about x-bow hunters Archers are harvesting a lot of buck that were once available for rifle hunters, now bow hunters are complaining that x-bow hunters may harvest buck that that bow hunters migh harvest or that their season might be shortened.

this is my point.

i dont hate crossbow, i hate ALL NEW HUNTERS IT MAY BRING IN EARLY ARCHERY.

heck, the woods here is STINKY now with archery hunters i see now, add 5 more to my area, another year i dont see a a deer ,let alone a buck.spooked buck in archery is hard to pattern.

i am not greedy,i think a truly DISABLED should be able to use one in early archery, hey, it gives them a chance but think what chance they will have if a lot of new hunters hit the woods .

what is all this new killing going to do to our deer that are left.

is PGC going to worry about that, i doubt it.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree sroul it may bring alot of new hunters in the early ses atleast for awhile not good
i hunt all private land that i control who hunts so i do forget the impacts
i just saw it as a advantage for me but i can do without i have killed many deer with
a bow
its to bad its most likely to late for anyone to do anything
unless people call their reps for their areas and such but that rarely does anything either
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM

shouldnt everyone be allowed to hunt deer in the warm month and during the first rut without having to learn how to hunt with a particular weapon? if you want to hunt warm weather and during the rut,you must learn how to shoot a bow? sounds prejudice and actually discriminating to other hunters. warm weather rut hunting is not a private atleast shouldnt be a private club just for bow hunters. we all pay for a license and should be able to hunt the rut and warm weather with a weapon of choice. how about we switch gun season to october and archery to november and dec? you still got the second rut to hunt and will be more challenging to the professional rack hunters. cry a river they would. i am all for crossbow early season. sign me up and i will see you all in the woods early deer season.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

i agree sroul it may bring alot of new hunters in the early ses atleast for awhile not good
i hunt all private land that i control who hunts so i do forget the impacts
i just saw it as a advantage for me but i can do without i have killed many deer with
a bow
its to bad its most likely to late for anyone to do anything
unless people call their reps for their areas and such but that rarely does anything either
if there was lots of deer, i dont think many would be concerned .

right now with lack of deer in wmu2g, its hard to archery hunt .

then add in many new hunters stinky up woods, its going to be long hrs in woods then you area gets busted with STINKY.

thats my only complaint.heck, i dont like early gun/in -line season as i see doe taking it on chin .

there is just to much hunting with better weapons for number of deer that are left.

right now in archery, if i see a crossbow hunter,he is usually with just another hunter .

but i did see CREW of disabled crossbow hunters driving deer in archery,dont think they are not getting bucks doing that.

heck, 1 crew killed 6 bear on drive this year with BOW in early archery bear season, 6 bear on drive.

i asked the crew of 7, HOW DID YOU EVER GET 6 BEARDRIVING WITH BOW.

they said,SPROUL IT WAS CRAZYIST THING WE EVER SAW, THE BEAR ALL CAME OUT TO WATCHERS.

SO, IF TRUE THESE BOWS/crossbows ARE DEADLY

I ALSO SEE EARLY ARCHERY BEAR SEASON BEING AS BUSY AS FIRST DAY OF GUN BEAR SEASON IF CROSSBOWS ARE ALLOWED.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

heck, 1 crew killed 6 bear on drive this year with BOW in early archery bear season, 6 bear on drive.

i asked the crew of 7, HOW DID YOU EVER GET 6 BEAR DRIVING WITH BOW.

they said,SPROUL IT WAS CRAZYIST THING WE EVER SAW, THE BEAR ALL CAME OUT TO WATCHERS.
That is simply impossible and you are not telling the truth . Just like you didn't tell the truth about the owls killing your rabbits. Owls do not gut the rabbits where they kill them , they carry them off to a perch where they eat them.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

pedro we acually pay extra for the private club i think its 15 and a gen license is 20 i think
i think gun hunters would see less deer if they got the early time to warm everyone would
sit on there butts all day and no deer would move

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.