Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Regulations??

to the gun hunters that whine we have first choice i say
yeah so by a bow and dedicate the time i do to shooting scouting
trimming woods instead of picking up gun on thaanksgiving shooting
a couple times and saying well thats meat in the frezzer
Until bow hunters do their fair share of managing the herd ,they have no grounds for denigrating rifle hunters. In some WMUs bow hunters harvest over 50% of the buck before rifle hunters set foot in the woods. But, those same bow hunters do not harvest twice as many antlerless deer as antlered deer in those WMUs . So they harvest the best of the buck and leave the doe for the rifle hunters to kill.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

What they did was put a limit on muzzy stamps and made a hunter surrender his doe license application in exchange for the muzzy stamp.

Also for a time. muzzyseason got shortened to 4 days.

BTB, I never remember a limited supply of muzzleloading stamps. When was that? Also, when was the season only 4 days long?
Old 01-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can only say that it was in the early 80's. Looked back at the pic of my first flinchlock deer and it was inback of a house I lived in from 80 to 83.

The muzzy season then was only 4 days immediately following the two day doe season. I can't remember whether the limited numbers were in that same period but I think so.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

bb gun hunters have the same choice if they want they can buy the arch license
and go out early and take their chance at getting a buck
not denigrating gun hunters i am one but they have same opps to go out in archery
how can they complain
Old 01-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

not denigrating gun hunters i am one but they have same opps to go out in archery
how can they complain
For the same reason bow hunters are complaining about x-bow hunters Archers are harvesting a lot of buck that were once available for rifle hunters, now bow hunters are complaining that x-bow hunters may harvest buck that that bow hunters migh harvest or that their season might be shortened.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

BTB,

Are you sure your memory serves you correctly. Maybe mine doesn't but I have been using the flintlock since 1980 and I always remember the season just as it is now. That is starting on the day after Chistmas and lasting for a week and a half or a two week period. I never remember their being a limited supply of muzzleloading stamps. At one time there used to be a limited supply of doe licenses and I do rember a time when I had to forfit my doe license application as you have mentioned. I do know that the muzzleloading season was slowly introduced. For some reason 1974 seems to stick in my mind as the first year muzzleloaders were introduced.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

bb gun hunters have the same choice if they want they can buy the arch license
and go out early and take their chance at getting a buck
how can they complain
They really can't. And most gun only hunters are live and let live guys, but then there's those few thatare simply jealous that we get to hunt first. Even though they could do it just as we do , they don't want to work that hard at it.

It's kind of like the guy who only wants to work part time at Sheetz and drives an 88Cavalierbeing jealous when the contractor who works 80+ hours a week pulls in to get a coffee in his new $45,000 Silverado HD pickup
Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

bb maybe its archers that dont want to adjust but for me
i am on x bow sites looking them over
its just a tool
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

BTB,

Are you sure your memory serves you correctly. Maybe mine doesn't but I have been using the flintlock since 1980 and I always remember the season just as it is now. That is starting on the day after Chistmas and lasting for a week and a half or a two week period. I never remember their being a limited supply of muzzleloading stamps. At one time there used to be a limited supply of doe licenses and I do rember a time when I had to forfit my doe license application as you have mentioned. I do know that the muzzleloading season was slowly introduced. For some reason 1974 seems to stick in my mind as the first year muzzleloaders were introduced.
I don't think the 4 day thing lasted more than a year or two but I remember it well because I had a real hassle getting that Friday off the year I killed my first muzzy deer. I just called the buddy that hunted with me and he remembers it was that way that year as well. As for the limit on numbers, you've now got me second guessing myself. Perhaps it was only something they proposed. Obviously weare both a bit long in the tooth and the steel trap memory I hadonce now sometimes seems more like a steel sieve

I am, however, 100% sure on the 4 day thing though! It did happen at least once.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

btb i dont know why they cant
i work up to 80 90 hrs a weekhaving a business has flaws ihave a family 4 kids
to each their own but why a select few complain is beyond my comp

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.