Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 PM

Default RE: PA Regulations??

ORIGINAL: livbucks

That device was and still is ILLEGAL to use in PA.
i dont think it will be much longer. what ya think? just making comparison that crossbow is a crossbow and not a gun for those who are confused of what is what.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not right to teach our youth "If something requires effort, dontput it forth, change the rules".
Isn't that the mentality that is destroying the American way of life??
Barney Frank was a prime (or sub-prime) example of it.
No Money??.....NO PROBLEM. We will lend you the money anyway, backed by the Federal Government of course!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: petropedro

i dont think it will be much longer. what ya think? just making comparison that crossbow is a crossbow and not a gun for those who are confused of what is what.
If you bolt enough add-ons onto anything, you can make it into whatever you want.
I bet I could make a bow shoot blackpowder without much effort, and some duct-tape.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: petropedro

If you bolt enough add-ons onto anything, you can make it into whatever you want.
I bet I could make a bow shoot blackpowder without much effort, and some duct-tape.
you would have to add a barrel also. you can take an arrow and put it down the barrel of a single shot shotgun or muzzleloader and it will still be a gun and not a bow. we all are intelligent enough to know what a gun is compared to a bow as in form. well most of uscan anyway.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Banned

I dont think a crossgun is fully a gun. Id say for accuracy sake it would be best described as a "hybrid" Between a gun and bow. Not a gun and not a bow...

But closer to gun than bow.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

I dont think a crossgun is fully a gun. Id say for accuracy sake it would be best described as a "hybrid" Between a gun and bow. Not a gun and not a bow...

But closer to gun than bow.
no barrel and uses a string to launch a 14 to 22 inch projectile without powder,far cry from a gun. like i said,some dont know the diffrence between round and square shaped objects.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Banned

String and arrow type projectile but Stock, rifle scope, self contained trigger. No need to draw. Pointed and shootand shouldered exactly like a gun.

Like I said. hybrid.

You cant turn a sow ear into a silk purse no matter how much you stomp and hold your breath.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

So who bougt Ragnar Benson? nad here we go relying on a self proclaimed criminal whpo wrote 2 books on paching and coming out w. a third to make a statement of belief regarding the Cross Bow and Poaching?/ Ha-ha-ha-ha
Come on anyone can write that crap, James Michener , book called Chesapeak talks about duck poaching and the family that was breaking the law. PLease
Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

The article only mentioned Ragner and his nonsense. The rest had nothing to do with him. He also didnt write the article. It was from the New York CONSERVATION OFFICERS association.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

crossbow= bow says so in name
a gun is a firearm where is the fire in crossbow

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.