Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Regulations??

if we want to stay in 1902 why dont we go back to cave men throwing
sticks or stones at the animal we want
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

When i was younger and didnt know any better, i spent a lot of time hanging out with guys with .22's and headlights in their trucks, if you know what i mean. Trust me, compared to a .22 carbine, a crossbow is too expensive,too big andclumsy, andnot accurate enoughfor "after hours" deer hunting, especially if it is being done from an automobile. Those who think that the crossbow is some sort of night time poacher's dream weapon are just flat wrong. As for those who want to poach during the day, agood compound bow is gonna be preferred over a crossbow because it provides a much quicker second shot, andmostpoachers aregonna go for more than one deer in a group if they have a chance.
+

good info.

most of poaching is done between hrs of 10pm to 2 am.

usually with rifle.
crossbow is only used in the PARKS where the big bucks hang out and shot will be heard.

this is why so many bolts were found at 1 park.

poacher does not want to chase buck in dark,so HEAD SHOT is best way.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeeer

Just because the PGC approves something or gives out 3/4 million doe permits does not mean the hunter must do it or try and fill all the tags. When will hunters get it ?? the future of pa hunting is in our hands,not a group of political cronies. I ceased hunting with a now x-friend when he told me this year,Hey the PGC gives me the right to kill as many does in 5c I want and that makes it legal. And I am going to kill what I deserve.
RIGHT ON

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

Just because the PGC approves something or gives out 3/4 million doe permits does not mean the hunter must do it or try and fill all the tags. When will hunters get it ?? the future of pa hunting is in our hands,not a group of political cronies. I ceased hunting with a now x-friend when he told me this year,Hey the PGC gives me the right to kill as many does in 5c I want and that makes it legal. And I am going to kill what I deserve.
RIGHT ON

Hatchet Jack

Douge,are you listening
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

The sad thing is some folks here are so offbase and irrational about the alleged use of crossbows for poaching that there isnt much reason to take any of their other assertions seriously. It would be like having folks argue against the use of muzzle loaders because the poachers wil be able toshootdeer thru the eye at 500 yards on a windyday on private propertywith one of them. On that point I dont think there is any need to agree to disagree

But keep it up, like I have said before, You PA boys have some of the most entertaining, and sometimes informative, threads on this site
Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

RIGHT ON

Hatchet Jack

Douge,are you listening
You're barkin at the wrong guy Sproul!

DougE is hunting places where there are obviously good deer populations. He's doing whats legal and he's doing it the right way!

The guy who needs that reminder from you is the one who says he hunted all week and only saw the one deer he shot.

The guy who needs hit on the head with that stick is the guy who hunts 10 days and only seees 3 deer and continues to go to that same area intending to kill a deer if he sees one.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Banned

"if we want to stay in 1902 why dont we go back to cave men throwing
sticks or stones at the animal we want"

Sounds good to me, as long as xguns arent legal.

Strange fascination with 1902... This is 2008. Rifles, shotguns, pistols, muzzeloaders bows...etc. No crossbows in archery. Fine with me.

You want to go back to 1902 weaponry and seasons etc. Thats your perogative to contact Pgc and let them know. Im sure they will give your suggestion its deserved consideration!

I just wonder what those who cant kill a deer with a real bow will be begging for next....Say 8 years after crossguns are legalized and they STILL cant kill deer. The possibilities kinda make your rock and stick throwing scenario sound pretty good to me.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Banned

Lanse, relax, you probably won't have to beg much longer. PGC have shown their deer slaughtering stripes again and have preliminarily approved your shortcut so get off your knees![:'(]
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Idont recall doing any begging.I think that if there is widespread well-argued support for crossbows then include them, and if there is widespread well-argued opposition then keep them very limited in use. However,based on most of your commentsthe opposition is doing a much better job of distorting the facts and spreading disinformation than it is in providing logical arguments aginst C-bows.
Stuff like that eventually works against you and weakens your arguments. Then you sit there scratching your heads wondering why crossbows are being legalized in state after state.Yes, there is money and politics involved, but also some folks just get tired ofhearing the irrational nagging of the antis. I know that I started out being opposed to crossbows.But then after looking at both sides of the issue and getting more and more sick of hearing the constantselfish whining and lies that i hear from lots of the antis, I changed my perspective. Some of you folks are your own worst enemies in terms of this issue and you are a bit toodense to realize it.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Banned

"Idont recall doing any begging."

Selective memory.

"I think that if there is widespread well-argued support for crossbows then include them, and if there is widespread well-argued opposition then keep them very limited in use. "

I disagree. and to a point agree. I don't think this matter should be or need to be argued AT ALL. This should be decided by the sportsmen of the state and pgc should have made the effort to ask before just shoving things down our throats. I think with matters such as this, it should be majority rule and if I dont like the results or you dont, tough. But that certainly far from how it is currently being done.

"Stuff like that eventually works against you and weakens your arguments. "

Do you think I give a rats butt about your judgement of my argument? (LOL). Your opinion is completely meaningless to me. my opinions are my opinions and the facts I speak of are facts. It is what it is. Of course your desire for the shortcut in no way effects your judgement of my posts. (LOL)

"Then you sit there scratching your heads wondering why crossbows are being legalized in state after state."

Actually Im not. I think you better do a recount. MOST states do NOT have them legal in archery deerseason for all. Manufacturers are largely responsible for those states that do have them legal. And that is a fact. They've also been very hard at work here as of late. Perhaps you know all about this alot more than you let on.

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.