Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

Default RE: PA Regulations??

"your post says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your lookin for Someone ,,anyone,,,to give you what you need"

Says the man crying for a shortcut into archery season.

As for your nonsense about taking upon ourselves to manage the herd, then I guess we can just get rid of Pgc all together. By your logic, No sense keeping them around and paying them for absolutely no reason is there?[8D]
Old 01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

rem i agree with last 2 post
Old 01-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Lets just agree to disagree,,,because for some reason you still hav'nt got the fact that im not a x-bow hunter,,,,i shoot a hoyt compound,,,(watch the word "hoyt" start another pi$$in match) According to the above post you feel that the PGC will take care of all your needs,,,so continue "by all means" relying on them
Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Banned

He he he. You sure you didnt mean H-O-Y..................................RTON? (LOL)

"so continue "by all means" relying on them "

He he he. Not sure what that is supposed to mean? First you say not to shoot deer with bow gun ml or other (which I said I havent shot a doe in years) and then you infer that PGC somehow has no responsibility to manage anything...

Yet I am somehow I am "relying on them"... He he he. Aside from me NOT holding a gun to 800,000 sportsmen of the state and demanding noone shoot another doe, what exactly do you think I should do to break my unhealthy reliance on pgc and solve the states problem of hunter all time high dissatisfaction?....Petition that crossbows be made legal? Ha ha ha. [:'(]

I feel bad because I rely on so many. I rely on the president not to get our country blown off the map, I rely on my boss to give me the pay check I work for, I'll probably rely on the fire department if my house catches fire and maybe, if Im not too ashamed to lower my self, perhaps a doctor if I ever in deparate need of one...(LOL)

But I still dont NEED crossbows, unlike some.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"during archery and flintlock season small game is in. 22 are legal and wouldn't alert anyone of the gunshot out of the normal"

Really? What about trespassers on posted property?? Think they want to be heard shooting? What about poaching in summer time? What about night time? What about in fall before small game?

This argument could go on and on, and we arent gonna agree. I disagree and my opinion is no less valid than yours. Doesnt make one bit of diff. though. My argument against xrifles doesnt live or die with "poaching". As Ive already stated that is just a secondary possible maleffect.

There are others that are more significant. I don't think I need to rehash the long dirty laundry list of maleffects which are why crossbows shouldnt be even under consideration. They are spoken of by myself and others on many posts throughout this thread.
well people are allowed to own crossbows with or without a hunting license. people are allowed to walk around in woods with a crossbow. why now would they be more of a problem poaching with than before? they are not illegal to own or walk around with or be in possesion of one? you act like they are illegal and not allowed to be in possesion of one. yes, i am sure someone is going to unload a clip on a deer with a 22 on private property. it takes one shot and I really doubt anyone would here the simple crack of a 22. put a baby nipple over the end and you will never here it 10 yrds away. again they are not illegal to own and people would of used them for poaching before this issue.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

its hard to place 1 shot that your not expecting anyway
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned

I dont think our crossbow sales have been skyrocketing lately where they arent legal to hunt with. Thatsdue to people not exactly being willing topay a grand to take them out into the woods to shoot stumps and tomato cans.

Make them legal and the number of crossbows in peoples hands will increase greatly over currently.

And it seems even though you quoted my statements, you didnt pay much mind to this:

""This argument could go on and on, and we arent gonna agree. I disagree and my opinion is no less valid than yours. Doesnt make one bit of diff. though. My argument against xrifles doesnt live or die with "poaching". As Ive already stated that is just a secondary possible maleffect.

There are others that are more significant. I don't think I need to rehash the long dirty laundry list of maleffects which are why crossbows shouldnt be even under consideration. They are spoken of by myself and others on many posts throughout this thread.""

Old 01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Banned

"its hard to place 1 shot that your not expecting anyway"

The word "hard" has nothing to do with placing a crossbow shot.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

by place i ment hear 1 22 22mag its hard to place 1 shot when you hear it with any rifle
Old 01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

"Pandora's box was opened a long time ago when the PGC allowed compound bows in PA. Then along came in-line muzzloaders with scopes(may as well be usinga centerfire rifle)I disagreed with both decisions. "

So? One should have nothing to do with the other(s) and each should have been and should be in the future looked at INDIVIDUALLY as it should be about what is the effect to the resource and also what is the effect to overall hunter satisfaction in both the effects and as to wether or not the majority actually WANT the implement legalized. Im not concerned with rewriting history and its not gonna be done. But that doesnt mean one bit we shouldnt strive to have sound decisions made and not just allow mistakes to occur because George Washington chopped down a cherry tree hundreds of years ago, so crossguns should now be legal!! Gimme a break! You want an easy shortcut. So lets call a spade a spade and quit dancing around the FACTS.

"So unless you are a purist using a bow with no mechanical advantage (i.e. longbow), or you use a flintlock with roundballs, I don't see how you can b*tch about crossbows. It's way too late for that."

According towhom?? YOU?[8D] 4 Pgc commissioners?[8D] Crossbow manufacturers?[8D] Call me crazy but I'd say that 900,000 Pa hunting license buyers should have some kind of say in all this. Currently MANY more have petitioned the board of commissioners AGAINST inclusion. I guess you dont support hunters having a say in anything, just like the anti-deer crew?

BTW, crossbows ARE currently legal. There are several weeks to use them.
Who said I want a shortcut? Are you referring to the use of a crossbow as a shortcut? By the same rationale, the compound bow was a shortcut to success, and I didn't agree with it.

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.