Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

how many hunt public land

Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default how many hunt public land

just
Old 01-03-2009, 05:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: how many hunt public land

I have 2500 acres of public land 300 yards out my back door. Have not step on it the past 20 years, Waste of time. I have my own property in another location far away from any public Pa.NO gamelands.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have only hunted in the gamelands when i was a kid that was only small game thou
dont think i would ever deer hunt their specialy gun
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

interesting POLL,this may be reason that some say they see LOTS of deer and others dont in WMU2G of pa.

ones that do hunt PUBLICLAND and ones that HUNT the PRIVATELAND OR NEAR PRIVATELAND.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

i have only hunted in the gamelands when i was a kid that was only small game thou
dont think i would ever deer hunt their specialy gun
i think GAMELANDSare worst hunting than PUBLICLANDS ,even tho the gamelands has habitat far beyond what is seen on publiclands.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sproulman

interesting POLL,this may be reason that some say they see LOTS of deer and others dont in WMU2G of pa.

ones that do hunt PUBLICLAND and ones that HUNT the PRIVATELAND OR NEAR PRIVATELAND.
I think that is the case in most WMU's. It's really an enjoyable hunt on private/posted land, when you can go hunting for two hours in the evening and have a 50/50 chance or better of seeing a few deer.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

i think GAMELANDSare worst hunting than PUBLICLANDS ,even tho the gamelands has habitat far beyond what is seen on publiclands.
I agree Sproul. I don't hunt game lands much any more simply because of the pressure they always get. I often drive right past a rather large gamelands near my camp and generally see a fair amount of cars parked there. We seldom see or hear of much success there. Our gang goes right on by that gamelands andwe always find good hunting with far less hunting pressureon public ground just a few miles away.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

you want to see a disgusting thing, go to SGL252 in lycoming county.

the BEST habitat you will ever see, corn, alfahfa,acorns, winter wheat,ponds, high green grasses,browse all over,apple trees on and on.

the PGC does a great job there but you will not find 1 pile of deer poo and very few buck rubs,if any.

GREAT HABITAT MEANS NOTHING IF YOU OVERHARVEST THE DOE/FAWNS .

i even saw very few squirreals,they shot all those out too.

disgusting [:@]

Old 01-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds disgusting sproul sure wish pgc would cut back some or alot depending where your at
Old 01-04-2009, 07:19 PM
RSB
Fork Horn

You guy must have an altogether didn’t situation then we have around here.

The game lands here are the most under hunted areas yet have lots of deer provided a hunter is willing to get into the habitat that should have deer. Unfortunately there are also areas of mature trees with no under story on the game lands where there aren’t deer because that simply isn’t deer habitat. Those are the place I most often see the hunters hunting though. Most of them remember the days when there were lots of hunters pin balling deer across those wide open areas all day and still expect to have deer crossing those wildlife dessert areas now.

Now when I hunt the game lands I can be pretty sure I will not see another hunter and all I have to do is get back in the think stuff where deer can find food and it is over run with deer. My one son and hunted a thick hard to hunt chunk of game lands one day last week and between us we twenty deer in stuff where you were darn lucky if you could see fifty yards in any direction. There were tracks every where.

The game lands around here are excellent hunting for those that are willing to hunt instead of sit waiting to shot something.

R.S. Bodenhorn

Quick Reply: how many hunt public land

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.