Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What do you see in the future?

Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default What do you see in the future?

What changes do you see in PA for the up coming year?

Will we see a license increase?
Any more changes in antler less seasons ,I.E. shorter or longer seasons in other areas? More tags ? Less tags? DMAT's good or bad?
What will come of the pheasant program?
What would you like to see implemented?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you see in the future?

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

What changes do you see in PA for the up coming year?

Will we see a license increase?
Any more changes in antler less seasons ,I.E. shorter or longer seasons in other areas? More tags ? Less tags? DMAT's good or bad?
What will come of the pheasant program?
What would you like to see implemented?
As for a license increase I don't see it happening until the P.G.C. opens up some books . Salaries, pensions and other benefits need made public.

Doe tags are the red blood cells for the P.G.C. right now, no way are they putting a tourniquet on the wound till all of the blood is done flowing.

May be adjust tag numbers here or there but you won't be seeing any major cuts. If any thing hunting days will be cut before tags are.

As for Pheasants in PA ,god knows why things are done the way they are. We by hundreds of birds per year at a fraction of P.G.C. cost yet same Ole same Ole. We need to stock purely wild birds from a mid western state on to areas like the Erie wild life refuge,Pymatuming & Middle creek areas where they can expand their ranges naturally.
A trapping incentive would help all ground nesting birds,our ruffed grouse population is nonexistent in my area.

I would support a pheasant stamp for the right programs. I despise the extra turkey stampas its nothing but a cash raising ploy.
When it comes to things I feel the P.G.C. is doing right, the list is short.
They need to make a better showing in the eyes of those whom support them.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are these the voices???
Ha-ha!
Some of your best conversations have been with yourself ~ right?
Ask yourselves and get back to me.
Happy new year fellow hunter and tradesman!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Are these the voices???
Ha-ha!
Some of your best conversations have been with yourself ~ right?
Ask yourselves and get back to me.
Happy new year fellow hunter and tradesman!
I enjoy good company. That's why I find it so easy tohappiest when I'm all alone.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looks like you guys have the same vision as the leadership of the P.G.C...................None.[8D]
Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bawa,

Dont know about PA, but in Ohio, all state employees salaries are part of the public record and can be accessed by anyone.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

"Will we see a license increase? "

Nope. Absolute impossibility. Chairman of Fisheries and Game committee Staback basically stated that this situation needs to be a lot better than it is now, and wouldnt even be considered otherwise. He stated possibly if things are rectified, possibly in 2010. He said in 2009, NOT gonna happen period.

"Any more changes in antler less seasons ,I.E. shorter or longer seasons in other areas? "

I dont think so. I see little problem with actual season structure, and they are already evaluating the changes in the wmus for 1 week antlerless and will do so for a few more years before even considering changing others.

"More tags ? Less tags? DMAT's good or bad?"

Same ol' Same ol'. More than enough to hold herd to very low levelsandreduce in others.

"What will come of the pheasant program? "

Nothing at all this year imho. I would STRONGLY suggest a stamp in the near future.

"What would you like to see implemented?"

One thing and one only. Reasonable numbers of antlerless tags. I don't believe that "appropriate" allocations will be the norm into the future even if pgc does give in for one year soon to gain the license fee increase...Thereafter it will go right back to the treehugger agenda for another decade until they have to crawl once again and try to "make nice" in order to get more cash once again. Only fix? Clean house on the board of commissioners. Somehow we need to stop the steady influx of eco-fruitcakes onto that board![:'(]

I agree with some of your post jim, but not the fact that PGc has to rely on doe allocations as a tourniquet.If they started acting a bit more concerned with the sport of hunting make appropriate actions known publicly and took the doe tags to reasonable levels, there would almost DEFINATELY be a license fee increase coming the following year. They would have far more to gain monetarily by getting the license fee increase. They could also easily survive the year with fewer doe tags until they recieved the increase. With each year that goes by and they remain headstrong,the less likely that will still be the case.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

I did'nt hunt Pa. again this year so im not sure if my visions count or not,,,,that being said,,,i vision the same old guys pi$$in and moanin about the same old $hit the last quarter of the 2009 hunting season. The hunters in Pa. used to be some of the most respected in the union but those days are so far from gone that the space shuttle itself could'nt retrieve that respect! The Hunting family as a whole in Pa. in so torn apart by the current issues of "DEER MANAGEMENT"that ya'll will never be able to agree. Like Rob/PaBowyer said in another forum "The PGC Did not pull the trigger" Wow!!! that could not have been said any better,,,and that being said "enough said". I waited all season to see what the Pa. guys were shootin with all the "BS" i read before season on here and let me tell ya,,,,i was not impressed,,,,,some good bucks killed for sure,,,but not the pics i was expecting. (take a glance down at the south forum and look at whats been killed in va. this year with virtually no restrictions at all) Theres no doubt that areas in Pa. have been mismanaged and overkilled and if your not able to acknowledge that after how many years of this constant bitchin and fightin on forums across the websites,,,then i feel fer ya!,,,money allocationsnor jobs are going to fix your problems,,,you guys better take a good look in the mirror and decide for yourselves how your going to fix the problem
Old 12-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hear they are going to make crossbows legal in archery
Old 12-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you know that VA is planning on following PA's plan of implementing ARs and increasing the antlerless harvest?

Here is the link to the VA comment forum.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/regulat...mendations.asp

Quick Reply: What do you see in the future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.